Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Ooh I like the sounds of most of those!

@Samtian, there are just so many scent options out there for the holidays - sugar plum, vanilla, egg nog, cranberries, etc - it feels like it would be a nice extra touch for the holiday versions of the masks, but I get that itโ€™s easier and more cost effective to just change the print so it does make sense in that sense. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It would be nice though to see special scents for these limited edition masks โ€ฆ maybe one year. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi Oh sugar plum would be to die for!

Right @Samtian! It has the potential for greatness and oh, can you imagine the possibilities for the illustration and print on the actual masks?!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ Fun! 

@itsfi  these are always cute for little gift flourishes!  I may have worn them overnight one or two times with great  results.  They seem to work better the longer theyโ€™re worn.  Itโ€™s getting situated so youโ€™re not walking around with the squishiness thatโ€™s the real trick.  

These are such a huge hit as gifts @heartsmyface! ๐ŸŽ I will try them as an overnight treatment next! ๐Ÿ›Œ 

@eshoe I have blemish prone skin, and my favorite mask is the The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque !

@em2403 I still need to try this one!

@em2403 Have not tried this one yet, looks like a fantastic mask ๐Ÿ™‚

This is such a marvelous mask @em2403  - gentle and effective! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@em2403   Does this mask act as a peel?  

That is very helpful to know, @em2403 - so wonderful to hear that is helping your skin! How do you prefer to use it, as a spot treatment or all over, or something else?

IMG_2050.jpeg

โ€ƒ

IMG_2061.jpeg

โ€ƒThis Gold hydra gel mask was just alright.  My skin felt a little sticky right after wearing and then felt tight about fifteen minutes afterward.  It was supposed to be brightening with no tightening claims. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d buy this one again just cause there are so many hydrating masks out there that deliver real brightening effects.  At least it was cool looking and felt comfortable on. 

@heartsmyface it looks like it adheres well to your skin

It does have a nice fit and luster for you, lovely @heartsmyface too bad about the lack of brightening. 

@heartsmyface What a bummer. At least it looked cool.

@heartsmyface Sorry it didn't fully perform to your expectations, however, it looks fabulous on!

I think this mask looks cool because of you @heartsmyfaceThese types of masks, hydra gel, always look a little wonky on me, but woah, on you!!! It looks like it fits you like a glove! ๐Ÿ”ฅ Like second skin, if your skin has a rosy champagne gold hue to it! ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Hear ya on the number of good hydrating & brightening masks out there - thatโ€™s a good thing in terms of availability but it sets a high bar when it comes to testing other sheet masks. Do you have hydrating & brightening sheet mask(s) you consider a go to, or must have(s)? 

@itsfi  Oh I snipped a good 4cm off the long nose of this one so maybe thatโ€™s why the fit seems perfect.  I regularly perform mask surgery with brow scissors so Iโ€™m not irritated for 20-30 minutes. Enough that I forget to mention it.  snippy snip snip.  

hmmm, off the top of my head I love Transino whitening masks.  And Etude House lemon masks.  Iโ€™ll get back to you when I have a chance to take a look at what Iโ€™ve deemed good enough to keep in the stash. 

T for travel must have

Sephora Eye.jpeg

I always pack these SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine with me when Iโ€™m away from home. These faintly coffee scented, light tan tinted hydrogels do wonders for brightening my under eye area, making me look more awake & alert than I otherwise am. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Theyโ€™re also great as part of a skincare prep routine before makeup application for a night out, or, actually for any morning or night on any day ending in Y. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@itsfi Some of my favorites from the SC eye mask collection ๐Ÿ™‚

21,372 Replies
testing