cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

I'm a bit late on posting since this was last night but hey, better late than never. Not completely on theme with everything this week, but my skin is still acting up so I decided to reach for my acne fighting mask. I usually don't like to do sheet masks  (face) unless I'm doing a wash day because I have a weird thing with "sheet mask serum being in my hair" and leaving residue, but oftentimes I forget to put one on by the time I hop in the tub. Tonight, I was doing a great hydrating hair mask for 12+ hours and my hair is already covered so I figured, what better time to throw a sheet mask on? Make sure to check the spoiler for my full get-up during this masking experience.πŸ˜‚

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

The Creme Shop-Be Clear, Skin! Animated Kitten Mask with Acne Fighting Ingredients. 

IMG-2789.jpg

SheaMoisture-Intensive Hydration Hair Masque with Manuka Honey, African Rock Fig, Baobab Oil, Vitamin C & Mafura Oil

0.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
IMG-2793.jpg

The Creme Shop-Be Clear, Skin! Sheet Mask:

I picked this up randomly at my local meijer during one of my sheet mask hauls and this one just felt like the "right" one to use. The feel of this is a classic sheet mask without a "waffle" texture, I think it's a bit thicker than your average sheet mask and also feels very soft against the skin. I do admit, while taking it out of it's sleeve I did struggle a bit to unwrap it and I probably would have ripped another sheet mask but because this one is thicker I was able to mangle it around to finally get it ready to put on. Instantly when taking it out of it's sleeve I noticed that it was very heavily saturated in serum and that the smell was very pleasant, more intense (but not overwhelming) and different than your "average" sheet mask smell. I would describe it as almost a bit of a fruity, (blue?) berry based type-of-scent. It surprised me, in a good way. I really got a great kick out of super cute design on the mask, I really couldn't help but smile and take a photo (and I'm really good at avoiding taking photos of myself πŸ˜‚). When I put this on I noticed it was a slightly bigger size than what I am used to but I actually enjoyed that especially around the mouth region where I feel like face masks never have a big enough mouth hole for my lips/mouth. The wear time I believe was ~20 minutes but I kept it on for much longer because it felt so incredibly comfortable on the skin. This is the one and only time I actually felt so relaxed that I almost dozed off for a bit with this face mask on, very impressive. After taking this off my skin honestly looked and felt so refreshed and glowy. I was starting to get skeptical about if this actually had any acne fighting effects despite it's great performance but I had the luxury of reviewing this face mask 24 hours after I used it. I will say the next day, I did see a slight difference in the appearance of the acne I had and specifically it had a great effect on reducing the inflammation associated with acne that I was dealing with on my chin. Honestly, I'm surprised by this one (in the best way)! I picked a bunch of these Creme Shop masks because of the gimmick-y cuteness and I was almost fooled into thinking this is a fantastic filler mask for giving skin some extra bounce and glow that happens to have a cute kitten design but I really do think it played a bit of a role in fighting some of the side effects of acne like redness and inflammation, which is nice. I'm going to definitely keep this one on hand and repurchase a few immediately before my official no buy month(s) start. Eeeeek

SheaMoisture-Intensive Hydration Hair Masque:
I want to start off by saying that this is one of my tried and true masks, I've been buying this for probably ~5 years and I love it. I oftentimes use it as a conditioner, that's not much I love this stuff. However, I also use this in it's intended ways as a nice 5-10 minute hair mask in the shower/tub and as a deep conditioner with a bit of heat applied. My favorite way to use this and the way I happened to use it yesterday is as a deep conditioning "long-term" treatment where I put this stuff on some wet hair and wrap my hair up then go about my day for 8-12 hours or even sleep in it. Then, wash out with my regular shampoo/conditioner treatment. I wore this mask for about 12 hours yesterday. This morning, my hair was so smooth, nourished and hydrated after I shampoo'd out this mask. The smell is very light (in comparison to most hair masks) but it still smells delicious! If I had to describe it, I'd say that the smell is a mix of figs, honey and coconut milk. I personally really enjoy this scent despite it not being my "my favorite scented mask" and I find that it delivering less of scented gut-punch is why I love reaching for this for my "long-term" hair treatments. I straightened my hair today (which is super rare) and I could tell the difference that this mask made, my straightener glided against my hair and it took significantly less heat and "go overs" to tame my very stubborn natural curls. I feel like sometimes when my hair is straightened it just feel more dry than anything and I know that's based on the very dry winter weather but I really feel like when I use this mask it restores hydration into my hair and I really did not have any of those issues. Before I straightened my hair (and in the way I typically use this mask by allowing my natural hair to air dry), my natural curls were definitely more bouncy, softer, less frizzy. This is a great mask at a great price point that's usually sold out everywhere, yet I still feel like this mask is so underrated. Not sure if I reviewed this on here before, but if I didn't here it is and if I did-oh well πŸ˜›

@QueenMarceline, the print on TCS sheet mask is so cute! πŸ˜» Glad to hear the results were good as well. 

@itsfi They're too cute, I just ordered a 3 pack of these on amazon.

A is for AM Piggyhead and anti-inflammatory from the lavender and chamomile extracts 
C for cute packaging

I found these masks when I was studying and working abroad last year. The material is soft and thin but holds a lot of essence but not so much that I felt like it was too much. The results were really nice - my skin felt lightly hydrated, with no stickiness or tackiness. It looked more even-toned too; my pores looked smaller and some of my redness was reduced. I'd like to repurchase this one but I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I stayed with a host family for a part of my time and I may ask one of the girls if she can get a hold of a few of these for me.
ampiggyhead_blacktea.jpg

Winter mask routine (@missy94612)  & Sample turned purchase mask (@itsfi

I love this Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask - it smells yummy and does a nice job of softening and smoothing my skin while I sleep. I first tried a sample of it when it came out and have purchased travel and full sizes of this mask and will continue to repurchase it whenever I run out.

For masking routine in the winter, I start my routine when I get home from classes or work, which is clay mask of some kind, then a thin layer innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. A sheet mask is next on those days I use a sheet mask and a thin layer of my moisturizer - Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel or belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. On certain nights when I need more hydration, mainly in the winter, then before I go to bed, I'll use this Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL.  
glowrecipe_watermelonsleeping.jpg

@nuinui933, how adorable is the illustration on the packaging for that sheet mask?!!! 😍 I could see myself picking up the mask for the packaging alone! It's great to hear that you got such great results from it as well. πŸ‘

@nuinui933 Wow that face sheet mask looks so interesting and super cute! What country did you find these in and stay abroad in? πŸ™‚ I've wanted to try the GLOW Sleeping mask for a while but I need to run through some of my other masks first πŸ™‚

Not really rinse offs, but they do soften! 

PXL_20220124_150345083.jpg

My niece gifted me a set of a bunch of Spa Life masks for the face, cuticles, hands, and feet for Christmas so I broke these out the other day. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by both. One kinda odd thing is that neither the hand masks nor the foot masks had seals with them, like other ones I've used. Usually there's that piece of tape or something to give you a snug fit and keep and serum from escaping, but these didn't have that. That said, they stayed in place perfectly and fit well enough that it didn't matter. The hand ones were especially moisturizing. After removal, it took a few minutes to get the remainder of the serum rubbed in, but they felt really nice afterwards. The foot "sockies" smelled amazing. You could definitely pick up the spearmint. I kept them on for some time underneath socks and they didn't dry out which was nice. Those gave me a nice added boost of hydration under some lotion as well. They probably don't rival my favorite Mediheal parrafin masks for hands and feet when it comes to overall moisturization and softness, but I would say these were on par with the Sephora Collection ones, so I'll happily use up the others I have. 

@quspork  

These look really good.

@quspork Awww so glad you loved this cute Christmas gift from your niece πŸ™‚ That foot mask looks especially fun to try 

@quspork Oh these look great!  Minty on the feet always just feels right for some reason and I bet cocoa butter during the winter feels great on parched hands!

@quspork, what a sweet gift from your niece. These SpaLife masks sound nice. I agree - there's nothing like the Mediheal paraffin hand and foot masks. I was hooked after one use. πŸ˜

The combination of the Peach & Lily resurfacing mask and the YTTP overnight mask is a dream pairing for my skin. πŸ˜ 

C - sample - creamy + congestion + sample.jpg

Spoiler
This pairing hits all of this month's letters - A for AHA, B for BHA and Blue Agave, C for vitamin C and creamsicle scent, D for Dream Mask and dynamic duo, and E for evening masking - as well as last week's sample turned purchase theme.

I have the Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask in multiple sizes - foil, deluxe sample, travel size, full size - and have gone through at least one full size jar and a host of DS / travel sized jars of this teal hued wash-off gel resurfacing treatment. This stuff works! I use it up to 3x per week in the summer when my skin is at its oiliest; and once every 2-3 weeks the rest of the year. It's good for detoxing the skin, clearing out pores, and making skin smooth. Here's the kicker though - some days, it tingles just a smidge; others it tingles a lot - it's not painful but occasionally, it can be very noticeable. I suspect that may have to do with the condition of my skin more than anything, but whether the mask tingles a little or a lot, the results are always the same - clearer, softer, smoother skin.

Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  is a creamsicle scented, thick, rich, pale yellow hued cream that works its magic to plump, moisturize and hydrate skin overnight. It's a good one in the wintertime for most skin types, and great for those with dry or very dry skin for probably most of the year, except perhaps the peak of summer. I've been lucky to have picked up DS of the YTTP Superberry Mask on several occasions, as part of a gwp so I'm not in need of any backups at the moment, but when those promos are no more (and after I've made a dent in my sleeping mask collection), the YTTP is definitely a contender for repurchase. 

@itsfi  

I tried a sample of the Peach & Lily and really liked it. It's also a sample turned purchase for me.

@nuinui933, yaaaay!! πŸ˜€ Isn't the P&L mask such a good one? It really does resurface the skin's texture.

I love that super berry dream mask! @itsfi 

@sister13, it's TLC for dry skin year round but especially in the winter months. πŸ˜ Have you by any chance tried the cleanser or oil from their superberry line?

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Youth To The People Superberry Dream Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

@itsfi Oooh, these both look super interesting. I'd love to try the Peach & Lily brand sometime. I've been really eyeing their brand since they appeared on the ULTA site and almost splurged during the 21 days sale but it was one of "my good days" on my low buy where the urge to resist a good deal was strong.

@QueenMarceline, those "good days" are helpful and necessasry to balance the "really not so good days." πŸ˜‚ This mask is often a part of Ulta's 21 Days so you should be able to catch it another time, or if Ulta has a promo with a DS of the mask. You might also be sign up for email notifications on the the Peach & Lily direct site; they curate some great sheet masks and have sales occasionally and you can often pick up a foil sample of the Reboot mask with a purchase.

@itsfi  Oh yes, those good days were much needed... especially considering my low buy is about to take a turn into a no buy.... 😁ooooops. I'll definitely keep an eye out, thank you for the tip πŸ™‚ I'll try to snag it at some point it's on my "brands to try at ULTA" list. 

@QueenMarceline, hahaha! Low buy to no buy - that sounds familiar! Will you be working on a "no buy" next month?

15,187 Replies