Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Thank you @Aaliaa :-)

Thank you @Aaliaa 🙂

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Wow - your skin is amazing, @IndyQT317! It seems like the drug store has really been upping their skincare game recently. Hope it works out!

Thank you @scott1201! Yes, the drugstore has really stepp...

Thank you @scott1201! Yes, the drugstore has really stepped up their game in the last year. At least that is when I strarted to notice all the new skin care add ons. This mask worked really well. I definitely plan to repurchase.

@IndyQT317 

Your skin is flawless!  Lovely.  This is the first time I've heard of the Neutrogena overnight mask. I love that it has hyaluronic acid in it and that it comes in a pod - looks like it would be very travel friendly.  Is there enough product for one use or multiple uses?

Hi @itsfi! Thank you!! Unfortunately, the pod is single u...

Hi @itsfi! Thank you!! Unfortunately, the pod is single use only. It has enough product for two people though. I thought about trying to store, but decided against it. I agree it's travel friendly and affordable. It took more effort to wash off than some of my other overnights, but I liked the results. I plan to repurchase for sure.

Hello Everyone! I've missed sharing my masking recently but my pictures aren't transferring over so I'm just gonna share what I've been doing.

200w-2.gif

Some deluxe samples and Sephora Favourites I finished 🙌🏼:

• Farmacy Honey Potion - Replacement ordered and being delivered soon
  • Tata Harper Clarifying Mask - I was really impressed but I DO NOT need any more clay/clarifying masks
  • Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask - Its nice, but I don't think I would purchase a full size
  • Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask - I think its a but blah and not worth it full price, better products available
  • Glam Glow Youthmud - I really like this for a deep clean mask. I have the large size from Winners, so I'll open that soon

200w.gif

Overnight Mask: 

Glow Recipe Overnight Mask: There is some serious crushing happening on this. I've used it at least 10 times and only about 1/4 way through which is great for a mask. Already planning my next restock, but I need to make this one last through summer.

Lancome Energie-de-Vie Overnight Mask: Its nice, it feels a little richer then its Energie-de-Vie moisturizer that I like. I wouldn't purchase a full size though.

Your gifs are hilarious, @Aaliaa

I aim to please @scott1201!!

@Aaliaa I wanted to make sure you were okay after Monday's events in Toronto.. .?

Hey, oh thats so sweet @GG84. Glad to know you are well too. I was actually meant to be in the area for dinner that evening, but what a senseless act.

@Aaliaa Right? My heart stopped and I rushed out of a meeting with a client when I saw the news bulletin and called everyone I knew in the area to make sure they were okay. The FB safety check in was really helpful. 

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Another great mask from Fresh. This sample was more than enough too.

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Getting a jump on Korean Beauty week! Sorry @Aaliaa but I had to try the Skin Food Strawberry Black Sugar Mask and it is amazing!! First off, it smells sooooo good, I actually want to spread it on toast and eat it!!! The black sugar and strawberry seeds are so grainy that it really gets in and scrubs away at the imperfections in your skin. It’s a fantastic exfoliator. The after: It’s definitely hydrating and skin softening, but I don’t think it’s particularly deep cleaning. This is a great mask for my Sunday evening rotation. It will definitely scrub away all my weekend “sins” and get my skin back in course for the week. But seriously, the major plus is the under $10 price tag on Amazon!!

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Glad to hear it @KrishAtl! Nothing to apologize for, use what your skin needs and you want! I've got their egg mask and have too heard great things about some of the others. For $10 a pop each its such a great deal if they work too.

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I am back on my love tonight the Glow recipe Watermelon Sleep Mask. I feel so dehydrated tonight, I want to slather my whole body in this stuff before bed....why can’t they have a body soak of this, or a body cream?? I actually rubbed some precious extra up my arms and into my elbows...but that was all I was willing to part with!

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@KrishAtl 

Glow Recipe recently came out with a Watermelon moisturizer, so you never know.  They may come out with a body soak or body cream version of it at some point.  "Dear Glow Recipe..."  😉

RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I have a sample of the Glow moisturizer @itsfi, but haven’t tried it yet. I am definitely hoping for a body cream!

I’m not a super big fan of overnight masks - they just seem to be rebranded moisturizers to me. But! I’m sure there are some heavy duty guys out there that I’ll get interested in by watching you guys this week 🙂

Tonight I did DE Babyfacial again. I can already tell this’ll be in my cart during the Nov Sale. 

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

So funny, I was thinking of that today. What makes something an overnight mask verses a treatment or aggressive serum? The fact that you can put a serum underneath? And labeling? And are the people not calling their product a ‘sleep mask’ when they could, just marketing fools? (Sorry?!) for example, the DE glycolic framboos...

OK another completely unrelated random comment but every time I see your mini-profile pic I think "Its so wrong that Hermione is smoking at such a young age". I've literally clicked on your profile picture multiple times to realize its a book just harder to tell in the mini-version 🤦🏽‍♀️ @scott1201

Hahahaha! That’s too funny - now I can’t unsee it!

i love sarcastic / disappointed Hermione face and this is the closest I could get 😂 @Aaliaa

20,998 Replies
testing