Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Simple masking today. I really enjoy this mask and will be sad when it’s gone. I can’t (don’t want to, really) pay for the full size so I’ll just continue to pick up DS when they’re available 

60C11DEE-6419-4FB8-A0ED-4BEC8D120614.jpeg

I haven’t yet tried this but have few samples waiting for me! Glad to hear you liked it! I feel like I always see DS and minis of these often, so I’m sure you’ll be able to get another one soon!! @scott1201 🙌🤗

Ooooh, this is a nice face mask @scott1201!  I love that Sephora offers DS of the Fresh masks throughout the year - I don't think I've ever purchased a full size Fresh mask before.  😉

Right?? I mean, really, we could probably all survive off of DS and promo size masks 😂 @itsfi

EE2ADE01-9813-4F70-96C5-20FF93428876.jpeg

Set for Self-Care Sunday 😄 

Spoiler
This afternoon I used up the last of my Christophe Robin hair mask; it makes my hair feel soft and conditioned but it has a very strong chemical laundry scent to it. Typically smells don’t bother me but this one is a little overpowering. There are other hair masks that I feel work better for my locks without the artificial scent reminding me that I have a pile of clothes to fold 😂 
I have a couple of uses left out of my Origins Ginger Kombucha mask and have some breakouts starting up (le sigh) so I decided to grab this. I find it to have a warming sensation on my skin, and it feels like it gets down deep into the pores. By the 10 minute mark my face feels almost tingly and very refreshed (but hot?!) so I rinse it off. I find this one takes a bit of time to wash off with my fingers but it’s no problem with warm water and gentle rubbing. My skin feels super clear! I finished up with the DDG Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel, I wanted to ensure that all of the dead skin cells were clear from my pores so that the breakout could be minimized. I find that if I don’t do an AHA/BHA treatment at least once a week, I’ll break out typically all over my chin and jaw line, so I’m kicking myself in the butt for not using these earlier in the week as per my regular routine. I won’t be skipping it again! 

@bakeamuffin, these masks make for a great Saturday!

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Love a good self care Sunday!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@SAlyFitz the best 😊55AE8DDE-481B-4D8F-B40D-2D98538B849D.png

"Self-care Sunday" - LOVE that @bakeamuffin! 💕 I picked up the DDG pads this weekend. I'll need to work up to them since they are "extra strength" but seeing how you, @Shosh85 and @RachFace2921 rave about these pads, I'm super excited to try them out. 

I've used both the sensitive skin and the regular @itsfi, and had no problem with either.  I also don't think you need to use them daily - 2x per week seems fine for me, so I wouldn't even worry about working up to recommended application.  

This is super helpful, I'm taking your recommendation and will just use these a couple of times per week.  Thank you @RachFace2921!   ❤️ ❤️

@itsfi the first time I tired them I accidentally did step 2 first 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s super easy to use, if you just follow the instructions 😂 I hope your skin reacts well 😄 Congratulations on reaching Go-Getter! 😄😄

Thank you @bakeamuffin!!!  ❤️ 

Oh my goodness, I would totally do the same thing - use step 2 first!  ha!  I think I'll incorporate the peel pads into a mask session this week.  🙂

@itsfi The “extra strength” part made me a little nervous as well and was actually really surprised my face wasn’t too sensitive for these! It took me a long time to try it the first time! 😂 You just don’t always know how your face will react to things. 😉

@Shosh85, you get me. 🙂  I've had my eye on these peel pads for a while but like you, was nervous to try them out.  Y'all have emboldened me (and equipped me with helpful tips!)  Mark my words, they're gonna be used this week!

@bakeamuffin Nice self-care trio! That Ginger Kombucha is great for spot treatments- I just love how it feels! 

I have definitely fallen in love with the DDG peels! They are seriously sooo good! 🙌🤗

@Shosh85 they’re sure to be a Community favourite by the end of the year, I’ve seen so many others rave about how great they are! 😄 It’s really cool that they offer a variety of types for different skin needs. 

I really hope Origins will release it, I know the Dragonfruit got voted in on instagram, but I noticed many of the BICers voted kombucha after trying them both. It’d be nice to have the option of both masks or either, but I’m a have your cake and eat it too kinda gal 🍰😄

I'm in love with the DDG pads too @Shosh85 @bakeamuffin!  I was only able to score two as pt rewards though.  June was a light purchase month 😏

@RachFace2921 they are also availabe in a 5 pack for $22CAD, I use them about once week so this works fine for me. I’m hoping Santa will bring me a large box for Christmas 🎅🏻 😏

I love products with honey in it; they generally work well for my skin, so I decided to have a theme masking night last night.  The Farmacy Honey Potion mask and the Sephora Collection Honey Lip Scrub frequently make an appearance in my weekly masking sessions.  Love ‘em both.  The honey flavored TonyMoly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch is sort of a new one for me – I tried the original flavored one years ago but don’t have a recollection of my thoughts on it.   The mask in the little sample pot is the Fresh Crème Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask

IMG_4302.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler

The TonyMoly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch smelled of sweetened honey, which was a great first impression.  The scent is not overwhelming and it lasted for some time, not for the entire time I had the lip mask on but for a good amount of time.  This lip mask is oversized and thick, thicker than the Sephora shea butter lip mask I used the other day.  I was surprised at the “cling” factor to the TonyMoly mask – for a mask that is this thick, it stayed on my lips without slip-sliding around for a little over 10 minutes or so; after that, I would find that the top part of the mask or one of the corners would lose its stick.  The rest of the mask still stayed on; I just tapped part of the mask back and it all seems to have worked out well.  

Directions say to leave it on for 15-20 minutes and after removing, to pat in the remaining essence.  I didn’t feel any remaining essence when I removed the mask, either on my lips or the areas surrounding my lips. My lips did look smoother, softer.  I was quite pleased with the results.    

Next up was the Fresh Crème Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask.  This mask is rich but surprisingly light at the same time, and has a very subtle scent of raw honey.  There’s no artificial sweet scent to this mask.  In terms of consistency, it’s a little thicker than a cream but not heavy at all.  When applied to the skin, it’s very light and spreads so smoothly, without any stickiness.  After first applying it, I felt some warming but that disappeared after a few minutes – do be careful to not apply near the eyes; I must have applied some of the mask too close to my left eye because it started to water a bit.  Nothing major and it went away, but just an FYI. 

The directions say to leave the mask on for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water, but I kept it on for much longer, primarily because after a while, I forgot I even had it on.  I rinsed the mask off with lukewarm water and then used a warm washcloth to remove any of the mask I may have missed.  My skin felt smooth and soft and looked very moisturized; it also had a soft brightness to it.  I probably could have gone without moisturizer if I wanted to as well. 

Now, about the price tag that comes with this honey mask… it is definitely on the pricey side.  That’s not necessarily something in and of itself that would deter me from purchasing it, but it is something I would very seriously think about long and hard before splurging on it because while I think this Fresh mask is quite nice and the results are wonderful, I’d better be sure I love it and it loves me.  I mean, c’mon peeps, $150 would buy me a lot of sheet masks!!!! 😉  LOL!   

I’ve heard that the I’m From Honey Mask may be a dupe for this Fresh honey mask.  Just so y’all know, I ordered the I’m From Honey Mask and it should be arriving this coming week or possibly the week after.  I don’t recall exactly how much I paid for it, but I’m sure it was a lot less than $150; I want to say it was under $40, but don’t quote me on that. 😉   I’ll try them both out after the I’m From Honey one gets here and will post a comparison of the two masks later.

Lovely evening of masking @itsfi 🍯 😄 Honey products are generally so easy to love 💕 thanks for your reviews, the lip honey mask sounds like it would be perfection, and to be honest, I often forget to give my lips as much attention as the rest of my face 😬 so this mask would be a real treat! I wonder if I can find something similar to it 😊

20,998 Replies
testing