Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

This pic is like, whoa lifestyle goals 😉 @bakeamuffin

@scott1201 all that is missing is wine and chocolate 😉🍫🍷

@bakeamuffin I can seriously feel the coziness through the picture – I love it! 

What a fantastic skincare line up! That DE trio sounds amazing! I need to jump on the bandwagon and try out more DE products! 🙌

I’ve had a really positive experience with DE, I’ve introduced one product at a time and my skin has seriously never been better. I was just looking back at old pictures and the difference is really obvious. I know the products don’t work for everyone, but my dry sensitive skin really likes them 🙂 It May be worth looking into some of the products - the Jelly cleanser is great 😉

This is an amazing masking sesh @bakeamuffin!  Complete with water to hydrate you from the inside out and some fun reads!  Love your pic too!  ❤️ ❤️ Hope you had a relaxing and rejuvenating quiet time!  🙂

Thank you so much @itsfi ❤️ it’s just what I needed to refuel for the rest of the week ☺️ 

@bakeamuffin, love your staging 🙂 That little avocado pin is adorable. How often are you using the Babyfacial? I'm kind of thinking of that for one of the fall sales. I wonder how long a container will last. I had a sample from a Sephora store, and the facial lasted 3 uses, but the marula oil has lasted 6 so far. Just curious!

Suggested use is once a week @eshoe, although it’s been 6 days since I last used this, I’m working it back a day each week so that it can be apart of my Self Care Sunday every week. 

It only takes about a pump and half to cover my face, and it’s a pretty small amount. I imagine this 15 ml bottle would last me 3-4 months. @itsfi has been using it longer so maybe she has a better idea of how long a bottle would last 😊 Getting it during the next sale would be clever 😄

@eshoe, I have been using the travel size of the DE Babyfacial for a little over a month.  I use it once every 7-10 days.  Not sure exactly how long it lasts but @bakeamuffin's estimate of 3-4 months sounds about right for the 15 mL.  The next sale would be a great time to pick up the full size.  If you can find it in a Sephora Favorites Set, grab it (hopefully they'll bring out another one soon with the Babyfacial).

@bakeamuffin  Amen!! Great masking!! I should have done the same tonight, but just too tired. This heat and humidity really kicking my butt!! So glad you're enjoying this fantastic mask!😊

I hear you @yankeefaithful, I’m over this heat 😫 (but I’ll be the first to complain about the cold wind and snow 😂

Sometimes rest and a good night sleep is better than any mask ☺️ 

13AFB097-5C64-4A1B-A5D6-896141745B9F.jpeg

Spoiler
The Creme Shop Clear Up, Skin! Unicorn Face Mask. 
This is the second time using this mask, and I may have already done a review on this in the past, 🤔 so I won’t go into too much detail– but I think out of the animated ones I’ve tried, this is my favorite so far👌🦄
It has an animated unicorn face and smells like strawberry milk. 🍓🥛It’s a little too long and not quite wide enough, but felt comfortable to wear. I removed it after 25 minutes, let the remaining serum absorb and my face felt so soft and smooth! My skin looked a little brighter and just felt so refreshed and hydrated! - the hydration seems to last for most of the day!

Sephora Rose Lip Mask
This is a Bio-cellulose mask that is pretty thin and feels just sort of slimy, slippery and just hard to handle. It was a bit of a challenge positioning it on, but once it was placed it stayed pretty well- as long as I didn’t try moving my mouth a whole lot. There was plenty of extra serum left in the pouch so I just kept dabbing more on the mask– making it stick a little better and last a little longer. It was pretty comfortable to wear and could feel just a slight tingle. I was thinking it might have a rose scent,🌹but I really didn’t detect any kind of scent at all. After about 20 minutes I removed the mask and my lips felt soft, smooth and just so refreshed! I would definitely use this again, especially for only 3 bucks a piece! 👌 

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@Shosh85 The unicorn sheet mask packaging shows a pig-like unicorn lol 😝!

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@keana1 Right?! Haha! It’s a piggy-corn! 😂

Re: RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@Shosh85 or uni-piggy!

This match sounds heavenly @Shosh85! I have this lip mask on hand so I’ll have to give it a try 😄 💋 

@bakeamuffin This was a fun one! I was surprised the lip mask actually stayed on– I wasn’t expecting much, lol!! 👌🤗

That unicorn mask is a cute one!  I like the Sephora lip masks - they're thin enough to sit and stay comfortably on my lips once I get the fit down.  @Shosh85

@itsfi Well, the packaging is definitely cute, but I can’t say the same for the mask once it’s on my face, haha! It’s like you and the stoned unshaven beady-eyed dude, a.k.a, Zebra mask, haha! 🦓😂

@Shosh85, I have only used 1 lip mask before and really didn't care for it - it wasn't a Sephora brand, though. Your review makes me want to try again, but this time the Rose one here. I don't use liquid/matte lipsticks, I wonder if these are geared toward those who do. Is it supposed to plump or just moisturize?

@eshoe These were definitely tricky to get on and position. The mask is sandwiched between two protective layers that you are supposed to peel away before placing. I think next time I’d just take one layer off first, place the mask, then remove the other layer– I feel like this would make it a lot easier to handle and position correctly. 

The only other lip mask I tried before this was one I got in a BoxyCharm sub– and those were just impossible to keep on!

The Rose Lip Mask is just suppose to moisturize and soften. The Shea Lip Mask is suppose to soothe and protect to support lips that are chapped or over dried. I’m actually looking forward to trying out the Shea one next! 👍🤗

20,998 Replies
testing