Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

oh yaaaaaaaay! @sonnydee glad to hear this one was a winn...

oh yaaaaaaaay! @sonnydee glad to hear this one was a winner! the fresh lip you posted here, I've not had the chance to try, but would love to!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Great masking @sonnydee, caramel sounds sooo good, even early in the morning😆

This sounds like a great mask and definitely one on my list to try! I LOVE the Fresh sugar lip scrub and that caramel lip balm does smell amazing!!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee That is one of my most favorite BioBelle masks, the other being the Glam one! I think it's also the only two hydrogel ones they have too! So glad to hear you liked it as well! 👌😉

Great! I have the glam too! My most recent I bought was happy hour. The reviews were that it smelled like grapes! Uummmm yea!😋🤣 hydrogel? Is that the serum cause I thought it was a pretty thin liquid not gel-like at all. 🤔 @Shosh85 

@sonnydee  The mask itself is a gel. It kind of feels like slippery/slimy rubber. Hydrogels lock in moisture better and also help the serum absorb into the skin better. 😉

ETA: Oops! I just realized it's the UnicornShake mask I was thinking of that's a Hydrogel! I have this UnicornGlow one but haven't tried it yet! Glad to hear you liked it! The tencel fiber masks are great too! – very light and breathable!

Survey results and other housekeeping! 

Thank you @sockmagnet for sharing your question this week, “Why do you mask?” 95527918-F15B-4BDC-8A11-1DAC744959DE.png

This was a great question, and I was surprised by the results. In addition, we asked if BIC’ers target specific concerns, and if you had a go-to mask to address them:

Spoiler
Not yet. Love trying different ones
My Beauty Diary Aloe Vera Soothing Mask - just the best for soothing irritated skin and does a bang up job of moisturising too!
Yes, for most concerns
The creme shop clear up skin
Glam Glow Supermud- blemishes
Boscia Tsubaki Oil Deep Hydrating Bio-Cellulose Sheet (like in the winter, love in the summer when the office A/C is a killer!)
My new favorite go-to mask is the YTTP Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask for dryness!
For acne / congestion, Origins Clear Improvement
DE Babyfacial, keeps my pores clear and my skin soft!
Laneige Sleep mask for hydration

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share! Now the other stuff:

Next week is Lip, Hand, or Foot Masks that Help Winter Skin Week as well as the Letter “E.” Ideas for “E”: (Many thanks to @itsfi for the new ideas!!!)

Spoiler

Ingredient

Brand

Misc

Echinacea

Elemis

Economical Masks

Egg

Embryolisse

Eco-friendly Masks 

Eucalyptus Oil

Erborian

Electronic tools

Evening Primrose Oil

Erno Lazlo

Enzymatic Masks

Vitamin E

Estée Lauder 

Exfoliating Masks

Eve Lom

Expensive

Eye Masks

2019 Mask of the Week Schedule 

Spoiler
Jan 1 - 6AMasks you discovered in 2018 - What new loves did you discover last year? 
Jan 7 - 13BFavourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge 2018”  
Jan 14 - 20CFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?@itsfi
Jan 21 - 27D
Clean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilt

Jan 28 - Feb 3ELip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin 
Feb 4 - 10FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and minerals@Kim888
Feb 11 - 17GSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourself@itsfi
Feb 18 - 24HGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!@Aaliaa
Feb 25 - Mar 3ISpring Flowers - floral ingredients or scents that add a spring to your step 
Mar 4 - 10JFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8th 
Mar 11 - 17KFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Mar 18 - 24LSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!@itsfi
Mar 25 - 31MFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Apr 1 - 7NBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Apr 8 - 14OThe Oozoo Week - share your Oozoo and Neogen loves!@Shosh85
Apr 15 - 21PLuxe it Up or a Pretty on a Penny - the $ and the $$$$ of Masks 
Apr 22 - 28QSample Dive - I know we have them! 
Apr 29 - May 5RSephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
May 6 - 12SOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
May 13 - 19TSummer Masks to refresh and sooth during sunny months 
May 20 - 26UFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skin@Keana1
May 27 - Jun 2VGuess this Mask - using only a pic or description, see if you can stump fellow BIC masking mavens 
Jun 3 - 9WDIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry 
Jun 10 - 16XMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Jun 17 - 23YMasks you've discovered so far in 2019 
Jun 24 - 30ZMasking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session 
Jul 1 - 7AHydrating Masks to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning! 
Jul 8 - 14BMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy 
Jul 15 - 21CLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
Jul 22 - 28D’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders! 
Jul 29 - Aug 4EMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Aug 5 - 11FBlind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!@veronika23
Aug 12 - 18GSheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why? 
Aug 19 - 25HDrugstore & Grocery Brands Week 
Aug 26 - Sep 1IFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Sep 2 - 8JRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue@Sonnydee
Sep 9 - 15KAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Sep 16 - 22LWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Sep 23 - 29MBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Sep 30 - Oct 6NSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Oct 7 - 13OFrench Pharmacy Week 
Oct 14 - 20PEnds of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 
Oct 21 - 27QOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Oct 28 - Nov 3RLets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands 
Nov 4 - 10SForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Nov 11 - 17TOdd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 
Nov 18 - 24UFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 
Nov 25 - Dec 1VMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Dec 2 - 8WAsian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 
Dec 9 - 15XSample Dive - I know we have them! 
Dec 16 - 22YHoliday Party Prep Mask 
Dec 23 - 29ZMasks you discovered in 2019

2019 Mask Survey Spreadsheet

We are almost to 400!!! @veronika23 suggested a sheet devoted to masks that fail the grade, so at the bottom of the SS, you will find a tab named “F Masks” which has all masks that have received an F as well as a D or a “No Repurchase” designation. Hope this helps everyone. Please PM me!

And finally, some masking:Hello Kitty!Hello Kitty!

Spoiler
@Indy701   was kind enough to send me this adorable Hello Kitty Cherry Blossom Mask set. It looks and feels like there is only 1 mask inside the package, but there are 7! Which is great because it seems so economical and saves space as well.

It was fairly easy to separate a single mask from the pack inside, and when I unfolded it, was very happy to find it to be a great fit for my face. It had a watery serum that had a slight clean-fruity scent, which lingered the entire time I used it, about 15 minutes. When I removed it, any tackiness had dissipated within 5 minutes, making this a pretty stellar mask and great for AM prep. My skin looked hydrated and happy, which was a great foundation for makeup application.

I would give this an A+, I had no idea what to expect, I’ve only tried a couple of other Japanese masks, but I was very impressed with this one. So happy to have 6 more, thank you @Indy701 !

@eshoe I just love seeing the results from the poll. This...

@eshoe I just love seeing the results from the poll. This was such a great idea from the group. Thanks for all you do😀😉

Re: @eshoe I just love seeing the results from the poll. This...

Thank you so much @IndyQT317, I appreciate your kind words, it’s really so much fun to do! Let me know if you ever have a ? you want me post, I’d be happy to do it 😊

The packaging for this mask is so cute @eshoe! So great that it works so well too! It's on my list of masks to try very soon, maybe this week. Very sweet of @Indy701 to send these lovelies your way! 

@itsfi I am interested to hear what you think! If I didn’t have so much fun trying different masks, this would be a great daily go-to for me 🙂

@eshoe, I plan on using this as an everyday mask, maybe later this week. I think many Japanese brands have masks like this one, with a week’s or even a month’s supply, that are meant to be used everyday. I used one last year, that was for 5 days. 

I really, really love this idea, @itsfi. It just makes sense as it is so practical. It's a really good mask, too - I used it again last night 😉

Thanks for everything @eshoe ! Sounds like a great mask!

You’re welcome @veronika23 🙂

@eshoe Glad the hello kitty masks were a win, and thanks for some "e" ideas, I totally drew a blank when looking through my stash yesterday. 

@CC3616 @eshoe, other "e" ideas - eucalyptus oil, enzymatic masks, expensive masks, economical masks, eco-friendly masks, Erno Laszlo, Estee Lauder, Embryolisse, eye masks. 

Thank you @itsfi ! I added those to the master😊 I even have an Erno Laszlo mask set aside for this week, can’t believe it I missed it.

@eshoe, I’ve come up with masks and ideas for masks for a particular week AFTER that week is over. This has happened literally every single week, eshoe. Every. Single. Week. Hahahaha! 😂😂😂 

Me too, @itsfi, me too🤣!

When I created the master list @CC3616 , I went through a few sites scanning their brands for ideas. Some letters just came up short, although I’m sure there are more brands out there! I love the ideas form last week...DIY for D was a good one!

20,998 Replies
testing