Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

thanks for sharing your thoughts @eshoe ! haha you are so neat with your whole little bowl set up! I just messily mixed it in my hand. 

I was too scared to mess it up, @Kim888! At least this way I knew I wouldn’t use too little or too much water. Do you plan on repurchasing this?

Hooray for Mad Science masking! I like masks that give fast results for those days when I’m scrambling around but I’m not sure if the quickness of this one offsets the messiness. 

I love how scientific this looks @eshoe!  💛Your pics are great! So happy you received this! 😃

Great to hear that your skin looked brighter; am interested in hearing how you feel about it after a few more uses! 

Thank you, @itsfi😊 it was fun to set up, and I have to say that my face stayed bright and radiant though out the day into the evening. Great so far👍🏼!

Did some multi-masking last night. I reached for a few products that I know will do what I need and want them to, and one new sheet mask.

IMG_3145.JPG

Spoiler

Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips – these are amazing. They take care of business. I left it on a little longer than what I had planned – I got sidetracked with reading through some of the BIC posts.  J What the strip looks like after you remove it (instructions say 10-15 minutes), well, let’s just say that it’s not pretty, and it’s not supposed to be – this definitely gets the job done. These charcoal strips were BIC inspired as well – thank you @sojess!

GlamGlow SuperMud
is magical as a spot treatment. I sampled a moisturizer earlier in the week and as a parting gift, I received a spot on the corner of my nose and one on the side of my face. Grrr!!  But as of this morning, one looks on its way to being a distant memory and the other looks less angry.  I know there are many on this thread that are fans of this mask; too many to name.  This mask is too much for me to use all over my face, but I really like having a small jar or tube of it around to use as a spot treatment – it works wonders!

Youth to the People Age Prevention Superfood Mask – This non-drying clay mask has quite the fan following as well (and deservedly so). I first learned of the brand through its cleanser and I really like that it’s a local brand. I’ve gotten samples of this mask before and splurged on a full size a while back. I was inspired to use it this week having seen a recent post by @PenelopeBT.  The green color is all natural - from ingredients like alfalfa, microalgae, kale, spinach and spirulina – makes me think of a smoothie.  The mask also contains hyaluronic acid and Vitamins C, E and K. It smells both fresh and green, though the scent may not be for everyone. It’s thicker in consistency than a lot of mask and easier to apply with a brush.  I typically apply a slightly thicker layer to the drier parts of my face (hello, cheeks!).  I left the mask on for 15-20 minutes (directions say 10-15) and after washing it off, my skin feels soft and hydrated.

LookAtMe Natural Bamboo Panda Face Mask
– @SchylarR used this mask a few weeks back and @SpaceLlama kindly sent this one to me to try.  The panda on the packaging is cute, but alas, the mask did not have a panda face on it. There’s a very light scent to this sheet mask but I don’t know what it is nor how to really adequately describe it – it’s subtle too, part citrus of some sort and part herbally.  It’s not a bad scent; it’s just one I can’t fully put my finger on.  There’s no added fragrance so it probably comes from a combination of the oil extracts. It’s geared toward giving the skin a dose of moisture and “helps the skin feel refreshed and invigorated.” I ended up cutting the mask across the bridge of the nose and making some minor snips to the outer corner of the eyes and lips and folding the mask at the chin area; all fairly standard sheet masks adjustments for me. Left it on for a good 30 minutes, maybe more, and found that my skin felt hydrated and yes, I’d say, refreshed.

@itsfi Did you find it comparable to the Origins Hello Calm mask in terms of hydration?

@keana1

I think the Hello Calm would be more moisturizing of the two; it’s creamier in texture as well. The Hello Calm mask has more oils in it, a host of them actually. The main hydrating ingredients in the YTTP are glycerin, aloe, sunflower seed oil and hyaluronic acid (though this one is low on the ingredients list).  The YTTP will provide some hydration but the Origins Hello Calm will offer more.

Thanks for your insight @itsfi 😉!

Love the panda mask! I was disappointed too though that it didn't have a panda on it. Waaaaaah!!! But good results none the less!!! 🙂 @itsfi

@SchylarR

Yes, good results! 👍🏼😊 I’m typically perfectly fine with just a plain ol’ sheet mask but for some reason, with this one, I also was hoping that it would have a panda on it.

I haven't seen that YTTP mask @itsfi,I'll have to keep an eye out for it! 

@CC3616 @Kim888, it’s a nice mask. On the pricey side, but you get a good amount and it works. I like the ingredients and that it is not drying. I think it gets overshadowed by YTTP’s cleanser and moisturizer, and I suspect the price isn’t super inviting. Sephora has a sampler set of the mask with the cleanser and moisturizer - YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Fresh Pressed Superfood Skin Kit. I wish they would come out with a mini duo of this mask and their Superberry Hydrate & Glow Oil. That would be a great combo.

@CC3616I've never seen that mask either. It sounds really interesting though @itsfi !

@itsfi Looks like these were all winners!! I'm really starting to love the YTTP brand! It seems like everything I've tried of theirs, I've liked – this mask sounds wonderful!

Gotta love those Biore strips! Did you know they now come in Citrus Crush scent? 🍊

Also, I agree your picture is lovely – it seems very color coordinated💚

Thank you @Shosh85; so kind of you to say. YTTP has some great products. 💚  Which ones have you tried?

There’s citrus 🍊 crush scented Biore strip?! Wow. I can’t keep up!

@itsfi I've only tried samples so far, but the ones I can remember are, The Superberry Hydrate & Glow Oil, The Kale & Green Tea Spinach Vitamin Cleanser and The Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream. I think I'd purchase the Glow Oil first 😉

@itsfi I bet the cute masking brush @SpaceLlama sent came in handy😉 the YTTP mask is nice, I agree. As is their cleanser...and moisturizer...lol ❤️ Your photo as well, quite soothing.

Thanks @eshoeThis has been a fun week for masking; I like the "BIC made me do it" theme, though it's hard to narrow down which masks to use because there are soooo many good ones that others here love or have posted rave reviews for 🙂  The Dearpacker mask pack is on my list for this week too - I'm excited to try that one out! 🙂  Oh, the brush @mermadelove sent was super helpful. @SpaceLlama sent me some other masks that are from the same line as the panda one, so it'll be nice to see how they compare.

I think this is one of my favorite weeks too, @itsfi! Excited for you to try that mask, hope you enjoy it. As I recall, there is just enough of the Step 1 clay for problem areas. It might be spread to thinly if you try to cover your entire face with it, so having a creamy mask handy for other areas might be a good option😉

Oh, very good to know!!  🙂  Thanks @eshoe! I'll make sure to have another creamy mask on hand when I use that mask.

20,998 Replies
testing