Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I always like reading your reviews because I think we have similar skin. I also was underwhelmed by the Laniege sleep mask (but like the lip mask) and obviously I adore the June Jacobs papaya mask. I just recently started sampling some Clarins products but have been very impressed with them so I may check out that eye mask.

@Alphaboo the eye mask has surprised me. First off, I wish Sephora carried it so it could be sampled. Buying an eye cream/mask on a blind buy is a pretty big risk 😆 that being said, this could sub as my daily eye cream. I don’t normally use concealer, but it would work wonderfully underneath my Origins Ginzing Eye Cream.

The Laneige Lip Mask is so good! Absolutely 😍 love it!!!

Unfortunately the nearest Sephora to me is about 2 hours away now. I do have a local Sephora in JCPenney but the selection there is limited so sampling isn't always an option for me even if the item is carried by Sephora. That's why I appreciate the reviews and recommendations here so much!

@eshoe Very thorough masking sess! I've slacked the last...

@eshoe Very thorough masking sess! I've slacked the last two weeks..I don't know how you stay so consistent, I envy your dedication 🙌🙌

Re: @eshoe Very thorough masking sess! I've slacked the last...

@GG84, masking is my sanctuary 😆

@eshoe Great masking session!! I've been really trying to remember to check the ingredients before buying – which is hard to do! There have been some that looked really good but had alcohol 3rd on the list! 

That Clarins Eye mask sounds wonderful!! I'm always so skeptical with any undereye treatments, because more often than not, they just don't seem to do anything! Glad to hear you got some good results from this!

That sheet mask seems like something I'd like for my dry skin!! I haven't seen this brand before – will definitely have to keep eye out for this one!! 👍🤗

@Shosh85 I picked up the Waso Shiseido Soft-Cushy Polisher, I’ve been so excited to try it for awhile now. I read the ingredients on the box, denatured alcohol is third😱 I just don’t get it.

The Clarins I really love. I used it again last night but was too tired to check for results 😆 They have some gentle products for my dry skin which I like. I got a sample of the SOS Hydra Mask which I am hoping to try out this weekend instead. My skin needs love, not alcohol lol

@eshoe I'll have to keep my eye open for those types of i...

@eshoe I'll have to keep my eye open for those types of ingredients! uughhhh I'll admit sometimes I don't check! your other masks sound like they are very good 😍

Re: @eshoe I'll have to keep my eye open for those types of i...

@lmaster seriously sometimes I don’t even WANT to look. But I decluttered the majority of my makeup a couple of years ago in an effort to use mostly clean products. I’ve slowly let that lax a bit, but there are some things I just can’t do again. I tossed my beloved ABH brow powder this year as well due to multiple parabens 😭 

Re: @eshoe I'll have to keep my eye open for those types of i...

@eshoe the simple fact that they find parabens in breast cancer tissue scares me to no end! I don't understand how this can even be legal 

DD5923C1-1853-4698-90F0-D99BECC3CB74.jpeg

Spoiler

LEADERS Breakup With Your Ex-Skin Cells Exfoliating Mask

This is a very thin, light and comfortable cotton sheet mask. It was soaking with serum, with some still left in the pouch. It had a very light, clean and fresh scent. The fit was pretty good – long at the chin and just a little bit large around the forehead. It had a slightly cool and tingly feel that was pretty refreshing. I kept it on for about 25 minutes – 5 minutes longer than directed. When I removed it, my face was brighter, my complexion was clearer and my skin even had a nice glow! There was still serum left that I massaged in to help absorb faster. It did have a little bit of a tacky feel, but that went away after the serum absorbed, and my skin was left feeling so soft and smooth! 

I really enjoyed this one and would love to use again!

Yay, glad to hear this one worked for you @Shosh85!  Love, love, LOVE Leaders masks! 🙂

Thank you, @itsfi!! Leaders is definitely one of my most favorites! 👍🤗

Ahhh, I have been eyeing this one, @Shosh85! I like the thinner cotton masks. I wonder how strong of an exfoliating mask this is; if it is tingly I’m guessing it’s a heavy hitter 😆 

@eshoe I don't think it was that strong! It tingled, but it was very light! I feel like if you can do DE Babyfacial, this one should definitely be fine! 😊👍

Thanks, @Shosh85, I appreciate your insight😊!

Awesome @Shosh85 I just bought some of these! Thanks for reviewing it!! Can't wait to try mine now! 😏

@lmaster  I think you'll like it!! Leaders is a great brand! 👌😉

Hey strangers 🙂

I have been doing lots of masking but just with the regular, HG, boring stuff. BUT! Last night i wanted to try out a new mask, so i reached for The Oozoo Rose Toning Capsule Mask (gifted by master masker @eshoe)! 

Spoiler
I've never tried anything by Ooozoo, but i know they're loved on this thread, so i was excited to give it a go! I've always been a little wary of kitschy looking masks like this (press the capsule! shake the mask!) but i REALLY enjoyed this. First of all, i should say... i want to do an experiment because i don't know really if the serum comes from the capsule being pressed... like, i want someone to just open one of these without pressing the capsule and see if the serum is already there. After i pressed and popped the capsule, it looked like there was still serum in it, so i was a little concerned that i was already doing this mask wrong. But, when i opened it there was a TON of milky white serum. Yay! The mask smelled so good and immediately felt nice and cooling on my skin (i've been very dry recently). The fit was great and this morning my skin felt moisturized and balanced. I'm going to be on the lookout for this brand in the future 🙂

but does the capsule *really* do anything?but does the capsule *really* do anything?

@scott1201, I have this mask and now that I know that it has received a seal of approval from both you and @eshoe (and that @lmaster has it and it's on @Shosh85's list of masks to try), I'm definitely going to have move it up in the queue and try it out! ❤️  Happy to hear this one worked out for you. 

@itsfi I have another that I am going to experiment with because I can’t let the rose petals go to waste again! I had the same thoughts as @scott1201 re:is the capsule really necessary. Neogen seems to think it is, perhaps to maintain the stability of the different serums?

20,998 Replies
testing