Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: they were just the pesky small ones that pop once & go aw...

@sonnydee, GlamGlow is excellent for those pesky little whiteheads. Zaps ‘em good! 😃

Mask of the Week Challenge!

two days of masking, first I tried from @itsfi nature planet blending herb tea, idk what it is about the scent of tea but I absolutely am loving it! then last night I tried this nourishing peony and honey. both were perfect and fit very much above average. the scent on both were not overwhelming, but subtle and calming. left each on for 20 min and pressed the remaining serum into my skin. would definitely use both again 😍

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Sounds wonderful @lmaster. I love when the scent isn't overwhelming!

@veronika23 yep those subtle scents after the most relaxing, in my experience 😍

Nice @lmaster 🙂

The peony and honey mask sounds so nice @lmaster, maybe even in the fridge chilled for warmer spring days🤔🌷

@eshoe ooooo those distant memories of nice warm weather lol great idea!

@lmaster I saw somewhere today a mini beauty fridge...I think I have a new goal for 2019! 

That would be awesome! @eshoe

@lmaster, I find tea to be calming and relaxing. Love the smell of (most) teas. Glad to hear the mask worked well for you. 😃 The peony and honey mask sounds wonderful! Will need to put that one on my list! 

Tea is one of my new favorite scents! @itsfi 😊

Hi everyone! @Aaliaa gave me the ok to post this on the OP but I can’t access it, so here it is, should be updated sometime soon. Thank you for all the suggestions, every one was used😊 Can’t wait to mask in the New Year with BIC!

The letter of the week can represent a brand, an ingredient, the name of a mask, etc. The main purpose of including it is to have more opportunities to use masks that may not fit in with the theme of the week. In other words, to have more fun!

Spoiler

Week 1Jan 1 - 6AMasks you discovered in 2018 - What new loves did you discover last year? 
Week 2Jan 7 - 13BFavourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge 2018” 
Week 3Jan 14 - 20CFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?@itsfi
Week 4Jan 21 - 27DClean Week-masks that give your skin a boost without the guilt 
Week 5Jan 28 - Feb 3ELip, Hand, Hair, or  Foot Masks to help that winter skin 
Week 6Feb 4 - 10FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and minerals@Kim888
Week 7Feb 11 - 17GSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourself@itsfi
Week 8Feb 18 - 24HGross Masks-whether it’s the scent or the ingredients, share the details please! @Aaliaa
Week 9Feb 25 - Mar 3ISpring Flowers - floral ingredients or scents that add a spring to your step 
Week 10Mar 4 - 10JFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8th 
Week 11Mar 11 - 17KFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Week 12Mar 18 - 24LSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!@itsfi
Week 13Mar 25 - 31MFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Week 14Apr 1 - 7NBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Week 15Apr 8 - 14OThe Oozoo Week - share your Oozoo and Neogen loves!@Shosh85
Week 16Apr 15 - 21PLuxe it Up or a Pretty on a Penny - the $ and the $$$$ of Masks 
Week 17Apr 22 - 28QSample Dive - I know we all have them, let’s use them! 
Week 18Apr 29 - May 5RSephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 19May 6 - 12SOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Week 20May 13 - 19TSummer Masks to refresh and sooth during sunny months 
Week 21May 20 - 26UFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use nature’s goodness to nourish your skin@Keana1
Week 22May 27 - Jun 2VGuess this Mask - using only a pic or description, see if you can stump fellow BIC masking mavens 
Week 23Jun 3 - 9WDIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry 
Week 24Jun 10 - 16XMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Week 25Jun 17 - 23YMasks you've discovered so far in 2019 
Week 26Jun 24 - 30ZMasking Dual-Dare to compare 2 (or more) masks in one session 
Week 27Jul 1 - 7AHydrating Masks to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning! 
Week 28Jul 8 - 14BMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make life easier and your skin happy 
Week 29Jul 15 - 21CLip, Hand, Hair, or Foot Masks to help that winter skin 
Week 30Jul 22 - 28D’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders! 
Week 31Jul 29 - Aug 4EMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Week 32Aug 5 - 11FBlind Pick Your Mask - Let’s make it fun to use masks in our stash @veronika23
Week 33Aug 12 - 18GSheet Mask Focus-from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites? 
Week 34Aug 19 - 25HDrugstore/Grocery Store Brands Week 
Week 35Aug 26 - Sep 1IFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Week 36Sep 2 - 8JRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue@Sonnydee
Week 37Sep 9 - 15KAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Week 38Sep 16 - 22LWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Week 39Sep 23 - 29MBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Week 40Sep 30 - Oct 6NSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Week 41Oct 7 - 13OFrench Pharmacy Week 
Week 42Oct 14 - 20PEnds of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 
Week 43Oct 21 - 27QOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Week 44Oct 28 - Nov 3RLets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands 
Week 45Nov 4 - 10SForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Week 46Nov 11 - 17TOdd/Unusal Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucin-what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 
Week 47Nov 18 - 24UFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 
Week 48Nov 25 - Dec 1VMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Week 49Dec 2 - 8WAsian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 
Week 50Dec 9 - 15XSample Dive - I know we have them! 
Week 51Dec 16 - 22YMasks you discovered in 2019 
Week 52Dec 23 - 29ZHoliday Party Prep Mask

Excited for the new year mask lineup! Thanks @eshoe for p...

Excited for the new year mask lineup! Thanks @eshoe for posting. Will there be another thread for the new year? Sorry if you already answered this question.

Re: Excited for the new year mask lineup! Thanks @eshoe for p...

Yay, I’m so glad to hear that

@IndyQT317@Aaliaa wanted to keep this thread going so there won’t be a new thread. You didn’t ask and I hadn’t mentioned it😆! Hopefully it will be updated soon, I know she is busy:)

This looks like a great list, @eshoe! I love the letter idea to offer some.more flexibility. 

Thank you @quspork, that’s what we were hoping for so good to hear👍🏼😄

@eshoe @Aaliaa Oh yay!! I'm so excited for these new challenges to come!!! Thank you both so much for putting in the time to organize all this!👍🤗

Me too, @Shosh85-hopefully it encourages more to join in the fun😊

@eshoe and @Aaliaa This looks great and thanks for all your work!! It should be a lot of fun (and get great skin in the process)!!😊

You’re welcome @yankeefaithful@Aaliaa has done an amazing job with this thread and I’m so excited she’s carrying it on into the New Year👏🏼😄

Thanks for taking this on, @eshoe!  It's a lot of work - we appreciate it!

20,998 Replies
testing