Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Day 4 of the @itsfi masking adventure. A new one to me, so exciting! 🤗It had a plastic backing, which I have grown to appreciate. The fit was good. A little long in the chin. It was dripping with serum. Literally. I left it on about 35 min. it still was very moist. I did notice some luminizing/glowy effect. (I admit, I almost saved this for date night) it was a good mask. it was slightly tacky after I let it dry down but I was able to use a lightweight moisturizer. oh, it's a very strong scented mask. It was pleasant, kinda like baby oil but a tad different, but that's what came into my mind when I smelled it. Scents dont bother me usually but I thought I would mention it for those that are sensitive. Another good one! Thanks @itsfi!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@sonnydee This mask sounds great! It seems most of the "My Beauty Diary" masks  have been turning out good! Thanks for the great review on this one! 👍🤗

@sonnydee, the My Beauty Diary masks seem to have a ton of serum to them!  Happy to hear you liked the mask!

Glad you liked this one @sonnydee! Good to know about the scent. 🙂

Happy New Year everyone!! Last night and this morning’s masking🥳

Bite, Crème Shop, YTTP, & June JacobsBite, Crème Shop, YTTP, & June Jacobs

Spoiler

Next, this morning:Eve Lom & Leaders InsolutionEve Lom & Leaders Insolution

Spoiler

@eshoe Awesome masking, as usual! 

I just bought that YTTP mask, so I'm very happy to hear you liked it! I have loved everything from them! My favorite is doing a combo the Kale Cream and Superberry Oil! 👌

I love that all these Christmas Creme Shop ones have been turning so great! The packaging is pretty cute too! 😉

Yay @Shosh85, can’t wait to hear your thoughts!! Did you see the track suit that’s going to be in he Rewards Bazaar??? 💗!!

@eshoe Haha! I was actually just looking at that! I'm seriously considering getting it, if I can catch it! 😂🤗😍🙌

Me too, @Shosh85! I love the variety of rewards they are offering now, there are so many fun items😄

I love a good face mask. I've used the Leaders "What Happened Last Night" mask before and I liked it. I'm open to other suggestions for dry, mature skin. 

I think just about any hydrating masks from Leaders would be a good, @AMK721. If you don’t mind fragrances, Lapcos has a nice set you can find online with some different masks like Collagen, Aloe, and Pearl. The Oozoo has some nice ones as well, their Aurora and Water Bang masks are great! The Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin mask is another good one...Mediheal makes some very nice masks as well. I have a sheet mask sub that I like which helps me discover new brands to explore, besides the ones I learn about here. The Crème Shop also has consistently good masks and you can usually find 3 or 5 packs at TJ Maxx/Marshall’s/Winners for not much! 

Hope this helps😊

Great masking choices @eshoe! 👍🏼 I think it was @Alphaboo who first shared about June Jacobs masks. 😃 They’re so good, aren’t they?! Oooh, that new YTTP mask sounds as wonderful as I hoped it would be. 😁 It’s definitely staying on my list of masks to pick up later this year! Glad to hear The Creme Shop mask worked out for you! It seems like the holiday masks they put out this year were a hit across the board. 😀 Love that Leaders masks - who are we kidding, there are a very few Leaders masks that I’m “meh about; they’re consistently good sheet masks!

I have you to thank for my love of Leaders, @itsfi. I’m not so sure I was going to try them again after that ‘terrible’ blueberry one😂 You were so kind, I’ll never forget, in the way you gently asked if I had removed the protective layers!

I’m really happy with the YTTP. Or I should say, my skin is. Now I just need it to last until April, we’ll see 😉

Awww, I’m so happy you like Leaders mask @eshoe. 😃 I’ve found that it and Mediheal are two brands that I can depend on consistently for good sheet masks. Sure, not all of them are “lives” but for the most part, they’re all at least a “like” and it’s usually a matter of preference and not the quality of the mask. Oh my goodness, we’ve all had our share of interesting experiences with sheet masks. The very first time I tried a sheet mask did not go well - I could not for the life of me unfold it and when I finally did, I got so excited that it ended up slipping out of my hands and onto the floor. 🤣🤣 All part of the adventure! 

Will you be using the YTTP as your only sleeping mask until April? If so, first of all, I’m impressed. It’ll be one way to find out how many uses you get from one jar. 

@itsfi Im not sure yet🤔...just did a quick calculation and weighed the jar after my initial ‘weigh-in.’ I used .21 oz on average, so this 2 oz jar should last just under 286 days with daily use. Way longer than I anticipated! We’ll see how it goes. I might just declutter a few of my DS/sample sleeping masks! Still want to try the Avocado Melt this year, though, just for fun😊

Glad to hear you like the YTTP mask. It's on my list to buy. 😄  @eshoe

Second night using it and looooove it @veronika23

Nice!!!! My love list is full of masks... guess that will be my main purchases this year. 😄 @eshoe

I could very well Rouge based on masks alone @veronika23😆 

I could probably too @eshoe 😄 😄 😄

@eshoe  Looks like great masking!! The Creme shop has many nice sheet masks, so I'm not surprised that this gave great results!! I'm really glad to hear you liked the YTTP mask because I was getting ready to order this one. I thought it would be nice to have during the winter. Thanks for great reviews!!😊

20,998 Replies
testing