Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

love the pig theme🐷 @cianni. I like to see the blackhead...

love the pig theme🐷 @cianni. I like to see the blackheads/whiteheads on the strip too! makes me feel like I'm doing something about them!💪

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Tonight's Day 5 of @itsfi masking adventure was the Aloe but I had to trade it out for another mask that @itsfi gifted me! (I needed some balancing, I over hydrated last night)I 😍😍😍😍😍 this mask. it's the best of both worlds in my opinion. It has a pleasant smell not to strong but its there. Rinsing it off was so easy. My skin was smooth, soft & matte. My pores did look cleaned out too. I left it on for longer than i should (40 min)I was watching TV with the hubs. so I did have to pull it off of my nose. I will be purchasing more of these to have when I want a mud mask but I'm feeling lazy😜 A+ included a pic for those curious & for y'alls enjoyment!

@sonnydee sounds great! love the pic

@sonnydee sounds great! love the pic

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Oh sounds like a great mask @sonnydee!  I too was like what... Over hydrated? That doesn't happen to me much. 😄

@sonnydee glad this mask was able to help balance out the over-hydration (something I need!) you experienced! I am all for lazy masking, love the clay sheet masks I recently picked up too (and the Milk stock, which may be even easier to use, ha!).

@sonnydee, yay, that's great news that the mud mask worked out for you. For me, I really like that mud sheet mask in the summer when I'm oilier; it does a pretty nice job as a primer before makeup too.

When I read the part in your post that "I over hydrated last night", I thought "over hydrated? Is that a thing?" LOL! 🙂 Since my skin is dehydrated-dry in the winter months, I don't think it could ever be over hydrated. Ha! 

I woke up to the tell-tale sign of when I over did something, those lil pesky whiteheads again.😤 @itsfi glad I remembered you gifted me this one. 😍😍😍😍 I needed something different to get other than those mini wipes when I see some rewards I want🤣 its been warmer here lately so my oily skin is still kickin'

Y’all, I’ve been gone for MONTHS! Wedding planning took over my life. I told my husband he doesn’t ever have to worry about me wanting a divorce because 1. I’m never planning another wedding ever ever ever again. 2. I’m never going through the process of changing my last name ever ever ever again. 😄🤗😐😐😐

Anyways... I see some things have changed, is there a new thread for 2019 mask challenges or has this one not yet been updated?

@JessyAnne Congrats!!

Congrats @JessyAnne!!!

Image result for congrats married gif

@JessyAnne  Congratulations and glad to have you back!! Happy masking!!😊👰

congrats @JessyAnne! Been married this year for 15 years....

congrats @JessyAnne! Been married this year for 15 years. Once you forget about the wedding planning, you never want to get a divorce because you dont want to have to break another one in!😂 happy masking!

Congratulations @JessyAnne!! 🍾💗 

Congratulations @JessyAnne!!!

The Masking fun will continue on this thread, @Aaliaa will be updating the OP soon. Until then, it’s helpful if everyone references the weekly challenge when posting. 

Here is the schedule for 2019😊

Spoiler
AMasks you discovered in 2018 - What new loves did you discover last year? 
BFavourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge 2018” 
CFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?@itsfi
D
Clean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilt

ELip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin 
FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and minerals@Kim888
GSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourself@itsfi
HGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!@Aaliaa
ISpring Flowers - floral ingredients or scents that add a spring to your step 
JFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8th 
KFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
LSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!@itsfi
MFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
NBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
OThe Oozoo Week - share your Oozoo and Neogen loves!@Shosh85
PLuxe it Up or a Pretty on a Penny - the $ and the $$$$ of Masks 
QSample Dive - I know we have them! 
RSephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
SOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
TSummer Masks to refresh and sooth during sunny months 
UFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skin@Keana1
VGuess this Mask - using only a pic or description, see if you can stump fellow BIC masking mavens 
WDIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry 
XMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
YMasks you've discovered so far in 2019 
ZDual Masking - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session 
AHydrating Masks to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning! 
BMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy 
CLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
D’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders! 
EMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
FBlind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!@veronika23
GSheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why? 
HDrugstore & Grocery Brands Week 
IFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
JRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue@Sonnydee
KAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
LWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
MBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
NSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
OFrench Pharmacy Week 
PEnds of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 
QOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
RLets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands 
SForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
TOdd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 
UFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 
VMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
WAsian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 
XSample Dive - I know we have them! 
YHoliday Party Prep Mask 
ZMasks you discovered in 2019

Great, thanks for the update @eshoe!

You’re welcome @JessyAnne! I forgot to mention, the Letter of the Week means a brand, ingredient, or misc. that starts with that letter. For this week, it’s A. Here’s a little list I made, there are other things I’m sure but this is what I came up with:

Spoiler

Ingredient

Brand

Misc

Acai Berry

Aerin

Acids

AmorePacific

Adenosine

Apivita

AHA’s

Ahava

Almond

Aloe

Amino acids

Antioxidants

Apple/ACV

Argan

Avocado

Vitamin A

@eshoe thanks for the clarification and what a fun idea!

@JessyAnne Congrats on getting married!!! Welcome back! 

Thanks @GG84! 💖

Spreadsheet is updated with yesterday and today's masks - 16 so far!

Please let me know if you see any errors or would like to add anything 🙂

Spoiler

@eshoe Ah ok cool so I inadvertently did the challenge properly! I accidentally discovered that Ahava mask last year 😂 ETA: I’d rate that mask an A-. I like how it felt and how clean my skin felt afterwards, but the single use definitely isn’t even enough for one face!

21,015 Replies
testing