Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Ugh, I really can't stand when masks contain  heavy fragrance.  Such a bummer 😞

It’s such a shame when companies add heavy fragrances to their “ detoxifying “ mud masks @sonnydee ! The Sephora Algae Sleeping Mask sounds great, too bad it’s D/C’d . It’s not available in Canada either! 

Agreed @keana1 I've used the moisturizer & the cleanser (...

Agreed @keana1 I've used the moisturizer & the cleanser (they were part of my one hit wonders, including this one) & they all smelled the same. Maybe the algae was LE & itll be back. I was able to pick up the green tea & that's been in & out of stock 🤞

Re: Agreed @keana1 I've used the moisturizer & the cleanser (...

Lucky you @sonnydee ! I can’t put my hands on the Green Tea Mask Sleeping Mask! It’s also unavailable here in Canada! I think that they’re very popular since one container can yield at least 3 uses and they’re quite good! 

Thank you @sonnydee! I’m not sure the Ahava mud mask would suit me if it dries down and hardens and has a perfumey scent to it. It’s too bad if the algae sleeping mask is discontinued - an A+ rating is hard to come by. 

I have other Sephora sleeping masks that I plan on poppin...

I have other Sephora sleeping masks that I plan on popping open after I'm done with this one @itsfi. They're small but mighty. I've used this one about 3 times & I've been generous with the masking. I think it's good to go for at least 1-2 more. I've tried the laneige ☹ so I was hesitant about using it but so happy I did. my skin feels awesome the next morning & it sinks in. I'll be sure to let you know & the thread know when I try the others.

what is your skin type normally? @sonnydee I'm curious wh...

what is your skin type normally? @sonnydee I'm curious why you like the cleanser so much. I'm on the hunt for a great cleanser that won't make my skin feel extremely dry. I agree, why put fragrance in a mud mask. thanks for the review!

Re: what is your skin type normally? @sonnydee I'm curious wh...

I'm oily acne prone @lmaster. It doesn't strip me but it takes off everything I throw at it. It has little exfoliating beads in it. That are awesome! Its gentle. I alternate between this one & tatcha deep cleanse depending on my skin's mood. At first I was meh..until I noticed the pores on my nose getting smaller than I was hooked. Its expensive but lasts forever! Its in the 500 pts AP reward if you want to give it a good go before you buy! I redeemed it just to have a travel mini. This is the full size.🤗 maybe @itsfi or @eshoe (who are on the drier side aka my opposite, can share their opinion if they've tried it😉)

That sounds perfect @sonnydee appreciate your feedback, I'm oily /combo 

@lmaster, what cleanser(s) are you currently using?

@itsfi right now I'm using pyunkang Yul cleansing foam and I do like that one probably best so far, but the OLEHENRIKSEN Find Your Balance™ Oil Control Cleanser 5 oz/ 147 mL dries my skin and same with Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip French Green Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

@lmaster, the Pyunkang Yul is a nice one. I double cleanse; well, triple cleanse actually. First, Bioderma micellar water to remove/breakdown my makeup and SPF. Then, an oil-based cleanser followed by a water-based cleanser (it's where the Pyunkang Yul cleanser would be used). For oil-based cleansers, I like either the CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mLor Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL- Sephora has mini / travel sizes of each if you were interested in trying them out. I know you are oily/combo - don't let oil cleansers scare you. These will work for all skin types. For water-based cleansers, you might want to look into NEOGEN DERMALOGY - Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanseror the KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser.  Since my skin leans dry in the winter, I am always concerned whether a cleanser will make my skin more dry but both of these have worked out really nicely. 

I'm going tag @yankeefaithful, who may have some insight into cleansers for you. If I'm remembering correctly, she has combo skin that may on occasion experience a little dryness with the cold winter weather. 

@itsfi  Thanks for the tag and I do use the  Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL and the TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder at night, only the Rice Powder is 2-3 times a week. When I don't use the Rice Powder, I use the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser as second cleanse. I use this every night, makeup or not. I do have oily/combo skin which changes during cold weather months, but the Tatcha oil cleanser is the best even during the summer. I tried the Clinique balm, but for my skin, the Tatcha was the best!  @Imaster I hope this helps!! Sorry I was late to respond!!😊

Oh thank you so much for that info @itsfi I usually only oil cleanse if I'm wearing makeup,, so you think I should everyday? Typically what I do is in the morning use a micellar water on a cleansing wipe then go into my normal skincare routine, then at night if I'm wearing makeup I'll start by oil cleansing then water cleanser. 

@lmaster, do you wear sunblock? I use an oil based cleanser almost every night, to remove sunblock on days I don't wear makeup. If you feel that your water-based cleanser does a good job cleansing on its own, then an oil-based cleanser would not be necessary on those nights. If that's the case, maybe adding a hydrating essence or serum to your routine in the winter would help with the dryness. 

@itsfi not usually spf by itself, but products that contain spf, unless it's summer

😳 Sunday riley dried you out? @lmaster  got a bigger ds that I've been meaning to try....I'm scared😟 I have to run screaming from ALOT of cleansers so 🤞

I think during the dry cold months it's definitely not good for my skin @sonnydee but I'm going to hold onto it and try it in the summer

Mask of the Week Challenge!

yesterday's masking A theme Aqua mask the lovely @eshoe telepathically persuaded me to subscribe to facetory and that's where I received this mask. I had a great experience with this. fit was great, scent was a little odd at first, but went away after applying. I left it on for 20 minutes and there really wasn't much serum remaining. it definitely proved it's claims to hydration! I'm giving this an A- due to the nail salon scent... is that what it was, idk but it was a scent I wouldn't of been able to handle for 20 minutes, so good thing it dissipated! 😉

@lmaster I THOUGHT that looked familiar-I tried a mask recently that had a very strong scent of hair salon 😆 I don’t remember if it was this one or not, but it did fade but wow was that gross. 

I'm literally lol 😂😂 @eshoe I bet it was this one, I've not smelled anything like this one before 

20,998 Replies
testing