Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

To me they have a slight as @itsfi would say, 'Shiesedo scent' @cianni; if you've used any of their products you know exactly what this is 🙂 I would also describe it as a slight perfume department store beauty floor scent.

Snow Fungus @itsfi -that’s the first I’ve heard of this ingredient! Very interesting masking masking session, glad you had some help with the translation AND that you only had one to use😆

The Naruko I think will be in my next mask haul, where would you suggest? I haven’t tried any of the places you have mentioned like oh lolly or mask sheets yet...I am looking to have a little bit of fun😄

@eshoe, that shipping error completely turned out in my favor. 👍🏼 I have no idea what I would do with 2 more of those steam hair caps.😂🤣 Snow fungus is another name for the tremella mushroom; amazing for hydration and helping to retain moisture. I’ve used a couple of skincare products with that as the star ingredient and my skin has loved them! BLITHE - Tundra Chaga Pressed Serum is one of my favorite 2-in-1 serum-moisturizers. ♥️ If I don’t have a backup of it I’ll definitely pick one up at the spring sale! 

Most of the Naruko sheet masks I’ve purchased have been directly through the site - just remember to hit the “translate” button. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I did not the first time I ordered from them - sometimes I like to make things really hard for myself. 🙄 I’ve also ordered the set from this line through Amazon; I haven’t had any issues when the order is “fulfilled by amazon”.

Masksheets has a lot of masks to choose from and many are at discounted prices, for both individual masks as well as a box of 10. Ohlolly I go through primarily for skincare products and masks that you don’t find everywhere - Pyunkang Yul, Urang, Heimish, etc. The ladies at ohlolly are very sweet. If you’re still looking for an SPF, they carry the CosRx Aloe SPF which is a good one; it’s a chemical sunscreen and I have friends who rave about it. I usually prefer physical sunscreens but I do like that one - it applies very well, no white cast and is hydrating!!

Thank you for the detailed breakdown @itsfi! I recall now using a sample of the VOLITION BEAUTY - Snow Mushroom Water Serum,it sounds like they are one and the same:) 

That pressed serum/moisturizer sounds like a great winter product. I’ve been sampling the Maya Chia pressed serum and really like it for evening.

Love your review of the Naruko mask @itsfi ! It sounds great, another to add to my never ending list! I wouldn’t have the courage or patience for the steam hair mask! So far so good about the Sanrio masks! Can’t wait for your final thoughts about them ! It’s such a great idea of multiple masks in one pouch! This reduces the waste of having 7 pouches instead of only one since I don’t think that the pouches are recyclable! If they are please let me know because I recycle everything I can! 

@keana1, I think you’d like this particular Naruko mask; it’s very well suited for dry skin. 😃 I was just reading an article on sheet masks and recycling. I don’t think the plastic that is used for the packets/pouches are recyclable, but there’s a company in the US that may offer a program that would help with those items. I need to do some more research on the company and whether the sheet mask pouches would be accepted by them. 

I didn’t that they have a recycling facility in Canada that will recycle mask pouches @itsfi . I looked at the recycling chart we have in the basement of my condo building and similar items aren’t recyclable. 

@itsfi I like the sound of that Naruko mask! I feel like I've only ever heard positive reviews on this brand! Gotta love that "sheet mask scent!" Haha! (actually, with my picky nose, I really do😂)

I reeelly need to try those Skyn eye gels! I think I may be the only one that hasn't tried them yet, and everyone seems to love them! So because I have extreme FOMO, I will definitely be buying some this weekend! 😂 

Thats too funny about the steam hair masks! I'm with you, that just sounds like too much work! How nice that you have a co-worker to help translate! There are so many times I wish I new someone that could read these mask packages for me! Haha!

@Shosh85, this Naruko one is fabulous! I have 2 more, one I've tried before and one that is new to me. Can't wait to try them. Oh my goodness, I think of folks on this thread every time a sheet mask has that signature sheet mask scent...because y'all are the only ones that get it. Hahaha! Yeah, my nose is very particular about scents too; it's gotten better - for the most part, if the scent is subtle or doesn't linger, I should be okay. For stronger scents or ones that linger, there's only a few scents that would be okay.

I was baffled by the hair mask; usually, even if the instructions are in Korean, I can figure it out or I'll just look for how long to keep it on, though nowadays I sometimes assume it needs to be on for 15-20 minutes, and then I just keep it on for an half hour. LOL! But with this one, I knew I was treading in uncharted territory. My co-worker hadn't tried this particular one but she knew all about them. Of course she did. I'm so glad I asked her; I would have used it just like I use it overnight like the Sephora hair masks. THAT would have been interesting...

Haven't done too much masking this week mostly due to testing out a new cleanser the youth to the people kale + green tea superfood. But I did use my sephora algae sleeping mask one night & tonight I used the esfolio hand/nail mask.😊 it was a gift from @itsfi & I've been meaning to try it so why not for "E" week & fits the other criteria as a hand mask. I left it on for 1 hour & it made my hands feel so soft BUT 😒 it smells STRONG. I took it off over 2 1/2 hours ago & my hands still smell. I think it smells like j&j baby lotion. Which is a pleasant scent but IT IS STRONG. It may have given me a headache its that strong. [Which is weird cause I have kids & used J & J products before including the lotion...🤔 maybe it was something else...] these do make your hands feel great which mine have took a beating this week so unfortunately B+20190201_201014.jpg

@sonnydee I just picked up a pack of these!  I'm so glad you liked them!  I'm waiting till I can get a bit caught up on BIC before I put them on this afternoon.  Hope your hands are doing a bit better now!

that's a bummer! @sonnydee some scents just don't work we...

that's a bummer! @sonnydee some scents just don't work well with masking

Re: that's a bummer! @sonnydee some scents just don't work we...

Agree @lmaster if they feel the need to throw some scent in there..give me berries or something citrusy. 😋🍊🍉🍇🍈🍎🍋🍓🍒🍑🍐🥝🥥hahaha

Sounds like a great hand mask just too bad about the strong scent. 😞 @sonnydee 

It is such a bummer🤭😢 @veronika23  all day my hands have felt soft & moisturized.

Oh wow... so it's a very good mask just not scent wise. 😞   I wonder if that bar of stainless steel soap would have removed the scent. I know it sounds weird but they are supposed to help neutralize strong odors... @sonnydee 

Sorry that the Esfolio had mask had a strong scent @sonnydee  ! Did it smell like baby powder? I just can’t stand the “ baby powder “ smell...

it smelled like a mix of both Johnson & Johnson lotion &...

it smelled like a mix of both Johnson & Johnson lotion & ended with a bit of the j & j powder smell. (it was driving me crazy to pin point what the smell reminded me of-thats the best I could come up with @keana1)

Re: it smelled like a mix of both Johnson & Johnson lotion &...

Thanks @sonnydee ! Your description of the scent is enough for me to forget about this mask! 🤢

Would love to hear you the YTTP cleanser ends up working out for you @sonnydee , I love love love the scent but it’s too drying for my skin🙄

@eshoe @keana1 I have used this cleanser about 3 x now an...

@eshoe @keana1 I have used this cleanser about 3 x now and so far I'm not liking it at all.🧐 I even had to take a break from it because it made me break out a little. And not with the dks but an actual break out (not to bad...I got "texture" like a warning) . I dont feel clean after using it really. I dont feel 'balanced' as the product advertises either. i was impressed at how well it took off my eye makeup though.! Even Fl has been affected by the cold so I'm going to use it again in the warmer weather- when my skin isn't being blasted by cold wind when I step outside. maybe I wasnt using enough to get the clean feeling? it didnt seem to benefit my skin much after using, if that make sense.
20,998 Replies
testing