Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@SpaceLlama I was curious about the Lush masks! Too bad this one wasn’t what you hoped for!

The Philosophy mask sounds like something I’d like! Another one to add to my list! 👌

I’ve heard nothing but positive reviews on that Watermelon Sleeping mask– I really need to try it out one of these days! I’m glad it could come to your rescue!! 👍 🍉

I'm still curious about the Lush jelly face masks, @Shosh85. I still haven't tried those. They don't have clay, so they might suit me much better! If ever you try this one or another one of their's, please let me know how you found it! 😄

The watermelon mask is quite lovely. It's thicker than the Laneige sleeping mask and it's a bit tackier. I do prefer the Laneige one just a smidge more since it really sinks into my skin and doesn't have any residue in the morning, but both work really well! 

@SpaceLlama, I'm glad the Watermelon sleeping mask rescue...

@SpaceLlama, I'm glad the Watermelon sleeping mask rescued your skin!

This is a great selection of masks @SpaceLlama!  Sorry to hear about the Lush mask being so drying; good thing you had the Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask to hydrate your skin.  The Philosophy masks look really good. 

Feeling like part of the gang, I came across this Creme Shop masks at Winners a few days ago. I'm not sure if I've just tried the wrong ones but this didn't wow me. I got a little serum into my eye and it really burned to the point I had to remove the mask and wash my eyes out. I I then reapplied the mask and it was fine so not sure what happened there 🤷🏽‍♀️! As a charcoal mask I was worried it might be drying but it hydrated my skin while the charcoal helped with pores. I didn't notice any change in pore size, but I used it at night so didn't mind either way. I'm going to keep a look out for the 2-in-1 masks and yogurt ones to try next.

Creme Shop in Canada!!Creme Shop in Canada!!

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@Aaliaa, I saw that mask on my first attempt to locate a Crème Shop mask at TJ Maxx. I passed because my skin is so dry, that I want my masks to be pretty much all about hydration. Sorry it didn’t work out for you!

Eeks @Aaliaa. Sorry to hear about your eyes! I am seriously getting over this charcoal trend. It just doesn’t do it for me either...time to move on to the next trend please!!!....

@Aaliaa Sorry this didn't work out well for you! I bet that did burn when it got in your eye!😟 That sucks that it didn't help with pore size! That's why I use charcoal masks for!! Maybe you'll have better luck with another type of Creme mask!😉

That is such a bummer @Aaliaa! I’m sorry it didn’t work out well for you, such a disappointment. I hope you come acorss the fusion masks soon, since thoes ones sound so nice! I’m still holding out hope for you 🤞🏻😊

@Aaliaa Man, you’ve had some bad luck with these! I purposely haven’t bought this one yet, only because the all-charcoal products tend to overly dry me out! 

The fusion masks are a great place to start! These are definitely my favorite out of all the Creme Shop masks! Hope you can try a good one soon! 🤗

I know right @Shosh85! I mean EVERYONE loves them so I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I agree with @itsfi– like any other mask or skincare item, you got find the right one for your skin. There has been a couple I’ve run into as well that I will probably not try again! I hope you’re able to find a good one soon! 🙏😉 @Aaliaa

@Aaliaa, for the most part, The Creme Shop masks have been fab, but there are some that just have not worked out well for me - the resveratrol one and the pink lemonade one in particular come to mind.  Just have to find the right ones for your skin. 🙂  

DBF1A7E7-63E8-481C-AEB2-28B393D834A2.jpeg

Spoiler
The Creme Shop Dead Sea Mud Mask with French Pink Clay + Rosehip Oil
 First of all, I wish I would’ve remembered this mask yesterday when I was trying out The Creme Shop Rose Water Sheet Mask! That would’ve been a great combo! 👌
This mask was light pink in color, had a very nice creamy consistency with a pleasant smell of roses. 🌹😊
After I brushed it on and started waiting, I could feel this mask hardening. Like most clay masks it dried so much, if I moved my face the mask would flake everywhere –so definitely not my favorite, but it did smell like roses the entire time, haha! After about 10 minutes it completely dried down to a pale pink color and my face looked like the texture of elephant skin, haha! 🐘😂 I rinsed it off using a wash cloth because it doesn’t come off too easy just splashing water on it- (it’s hard to get rid of all the pink tint without a wash cloth.) The first thing I noticed after washing it off was how much brighter my face was! It was SOOO smooth and soft, I couldn’t stop touching it, haha! Like most clay masks though, it left my skin feeling pretty dry and I felt the need to moisturize right away. So, I don’t like the drying stage of the mask and I don’t like how dry it left my face feeling, but man, my face was sure soft, smooth and bright! 🙌
After the mud mask I decided to follow up with the BioBelle #Beauty Secret Face Mask for some much needed hydration. This  mask is pretty thin cotton and was heavy, but not dripping, with serum. It smelled refreshing, like a light, sweet fruity scent. Surprisingly this mask fit almost perfectly– just the eye holes were a little smaller than I prefer. It was very comfortable and soothing to wear. I had it on for about 30 minutes. I removed it and my face felt so refreshed! After the remaining serum was absorbed, my face felt soft, smooth and hydrated! The hydration even seemed to last throughout the day 👌🤗

@Shosh85, the elephant skin syndrome is part of the reason I fell in love with Josie Maran’s Argan Mud Masks-they don’t harden and terrify me when I look in the mirror 😂

Ohhh!! These look great @Shosh85! I don’t think I’ve ever seen these masks before???

This is great info to have about these masks @Shosh85!  I'll have to try The Creme Shop pink clay mask and the Rose Water mask combo you mentioned - that sounds amazing.  Sorry that the clay mask was so drying, but glad to hear the results are great! 

Thank you so much, @itsfi!! I really think that pair of masks would be great together! 🙌

This sounds like a good masking team @Shosh85! The clay mask sounds like it has some great benefits despite being drying, super smart to follow up with a sheet mask to replenish the moisture! I bet your skin looks and feels amazing 😄 

Thanks, @bakeamuffin!! Most clay/mud masks dry me out, but the other results I get from it are worth it! It always makes my skin feel good and adding hydration after just makes it perfect 👌 

This morning, I started with the boscia Pore Pudding Mask on my T-zone and followed up with the Aromatic Sea Daffodil Hydro Charge Mask.

IMG_4614.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
I love that the boscia pore pudding mask does not dry down completely, but the downside with this mask is that I often forget that it does not dry down and I’m left waiting and wondering how much longer the mask needs to be kept on – lol!  The Aromatic Sea Daffodil mask is a new for me – this was my first time using it and I can say it will not be my last time.  Other than folding the bottom of the mask over my chin and jawline (I have 2 breakouts along my jawline and but for those, I would have just folded the sheet mask under my chin/jawline), I didn’t need to make any adjustments, not even minor tweaks to the usual areas.  The mask is on the thinner side as far as sheet masks go.  Even though the ingredients list does not include fragrance, there’s definitely a scent upon opening the mask but it disappears quickly.  I can’t make out what the scent is; it’s not off-putting, but nothing really jumps out at me when I think about how to describe it or what scent to compare it to. I kept the mask on for about 25 minutes, but I could have kept it on for at least another 10 minutes.  Once removed, I can feel that my skin is more hydrated than before.  My complexion also looks more clear, bright and radiant.  I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night so that is a huge plus.  There’s the slightest bit of tackiness after the remaining essence is patted in but that disappears once you apply your moisturizer on top of it.  The aromatic mask is meant for hydration and anti-aging.  I imagine that you’d need to use it more than once to really opine on its anti-aging capabilities.  As for hydration, it certainly does live up to its claims.  

Yesterday's masking

IMG_4633.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler

The best way to describe The Crème Shop Maca Root Face Mask is that it is a lot of mask. Both in terms of the size and shape of the mask and the amount of essence you get.  Size-wise, fit-wise, this might be the most oversized mask I’ve used – the only area I needed to make adjustments to was the upper eye area and that was only because I don’t like it when a sheet mask covers that much of my eye lid.  Ever part of this mask was oversized except for the strip of material meant to cover the upper lip area.  When I say ‘strip’, I literally mean a thin strip.  You know those litmus test strips you can purchase to test the acidity of certain products? Those litmus test strips are wider than the strip of material for the upper lip area.  It was comically odd compared to the overall largeness of all of the other parts of the sheet mask. 

Size and fit aside, the mask did a very good job of hydrating my skin.  In fact, I was able to skip moisturizer entirely in the morning, which is practically unheard of for someone with dehydrated skin like myself.  I should preface that to say that skipping moisturizer with this mask is likely just something I’d do in the summer months.  When it gets colder, I’d probably want to apply a moisturizer after using this mask.  Like other masks from The Crème Shop, the essence did not leave my s kin feeling sticky or tacky.  With this mask in particular, I noticed there was a lot more essence that remained, both on my face after removing the mask and in the pouch, than with other Crème Shop masks.  It took a bit longer to pat the essence in until it was fully absorbed, but once it did, my skin looked and felt soft and supple, bouncy and well moisturized.

I was too tired to do a full skincare routine plus mask so I kept it pretty simple before calling it a night and went with the Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask.  One of the things I love about Fresh masks is that they can be kept on for as little as 5 minutes and they manage to pack in a lot in those 5 minutes. This mask has a light, velvety whipped texture to it.  It goes on smoothly and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated.  This is a great mask for mornings you want to give yourself a nice, soft, smooth canvas for your makeup or in the evenings when you want a quick, no-fuss but effective treatment before going to bed.   

21,015 Replies
testing