Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldn’t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information we’ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask we’ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we aren’t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you don’t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase —> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): ‘Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@itsfi .....and now I'm even starting to alphabetize!  Hahaha! 😂📚

I’ve been alphabetizing every Sunday! Hahaha! Sometimes I wonder if our SOs saw how serious we take this masking thread what they would think... 🙃🙃🙃 @Shosh85  @itsfi 

@scott1201 Right?! Haha! The only problem I've run into with alphabetizing is that just about all of them could qualify for more than one letter.... gotta figure something' out with that🤔 @itsfi 

Wow! Alphabetizing them @Shosh85? 🙂 When you have organized your mask library, I'd love to hear how you go about doing it. 

Okay, here goes nothing! I have a crap ton of mask recaps to cover so today we are doing a lightning round

YearlyAnchoredEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

Recap of last week (D)

Spoiler

DDR & Dr. Jart Hydra

Love both of these - this was great for my skin as last week i had a weird breakout on my side of my face.

IMG_7707.jpg

Dr. Athena Water Glow

This is a heck-to-the-no. It was the gross (to me) hydrogel that is too slimy and sticky. I couldn't even get it off the plastic backing

IMG_7708.jpg

DDG & Estee Lauder Double Wear

Love the DDG but i think the Estee Lauder would be better for a morning mask. It truly is a 3 min mask and dried up super quick. It did a good job of giving instant moisture but wasn't moisturizing enough for overnight as my skin felt sad the next morning.

IMG_7718.jpg

Facetory Moon Velvet

Didn't fit with the theme but i needed some serious moisture on whichever day this was. (I also had a couple Dr Jart Cerimidin that i apparently forgot to photograph.) This was a fine cream sheet mask but the cream was not equally distributed throughout the mask, which was weird. I had to kind of smear everything around with my fingers to get an even application.
IMG_7714.jpg

Okie doke! Now we are up to this week.

Monday:

Spoiler

PTR Pumpkin Enzyme & Creme Shop Elf 

I had some dried up spots and i just wanted to *scrub* off my face and this mask never disappoints when i'm having that itch. I will always love and repurchase this guy. Honestly, same for the Creme Shop. All of the holiday masks have been A+'s for me.

IMG_7723.jpg

Tuesday:

Spoiler

PTR Sulfur & Creme Shop Eye Mask

I decided to spot treat with the PTR Sulfur, then i sadly realized it was pretty dried up and crusty. I've used this mask on spots for maybe 5 years (this is my second tub) but i (thankfully!) don't have to use it often anymore. Hence, now it is dried up and should be pitched. The Creme Shop Eye Mask is a fav-fav-favorite of mine and the cucumber is so cooling to use in the morning. Love ❤️

IMG_7727.jpg

WOW that was a journey. If you're still reading, you're a rockstar 🙂

Wow! That's a lot of masking @scott1201! Thanks for your thoughts on them!

NIce work, @scott1201! I adore that PTR mask- it's so good! Thanks for the review on the EL 3 Minute one too. That sounds like it might be a good pick for a quick morning masking sesh. 

@scott1201 I was reading about your Pumpkin masking... and just thought.. yep, sometimes you just need a scrubbing.  I'll keep this one in mind when I need to grab a new scrubby!

@scott1201 thanks for all the reviews, quick yet thorough. Looks like you had some great masking sessions and repairs. 

No, @scott1201, YOU'RE a rockstar for doing all this masking! Love your little mini reviews! 

I own all of those holiday Creme Shop masks and still haven't tried any yet, but it seems everyone loves them!! Maybe I'll do E for Elf this week 🙌

I've wanted to buy the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme mask, but it seems to always be OOS. 😢 I really loved that mask as well! It just smells so good! 🎃🥧

The Dr. Jart masks sound great, especially the ceramidin one! I've never bought any because I was overwhelmed by all the choices! Haha! I have a couple in mind I know to start with now. 😉

Great post, @scott1201 , I’m in awe, I would never be able to get that many pics & spoilers in a post without accidentally deleting it😆

Thanks for going through all of these and summarizing, it’s so helpful. I will make sure to knead Moon Velvet before opening, thanks for the heads up on that one!

You used so many great masks @scott1201! Looks like there were a lot more great masks that worked out well for you than ones that didn’t! 👍🏼 You’re the rockstar for summarizing all your thoughts on these masks! 😃

@byme4u I sometimes forget that the GR Watermelon sleeping mask contains AHAs; this is a good reminder. Do you use the sleeping mask every night?

@byme4u I haven't tried the GR Watermelon mask yet, but I have tried those DDG peel pads and I really love them! – I just need to be careful how often I use them! Glad you like them! 👍😉

Oh very interesting @byme4u! When I used that, it would peel off in little bits; I figured it was just the product and not my skin. It definitely wasn’t flaky though, so maybe it was the product🤔 Glad it’s working for you!

My “E” masks Monday night consisted of the AmorePacific Enzyme Treatment Peel (which is an @eshoe -approved product), followed by the Banobagi Vitamin E Sheet Mask, and the Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner. The Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is just along for the ride and I applied a light layer of it over my moisturizer after the Vitamin E mask. I feel like I’ve talked about everything here except for the Vitamin E mask so I’ll focus this post on that one, but if anyone has questions about the other products, ask away.

E is for AmorePacific Enzyme Treatment Peel, Banobagi Vitamin E sheet mask and Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioning BalmE is for AmorePacific Enzyme Treatment Peel, Banobagi Vitamin E sheet mask and Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioning Balm

Spoiler

I’ve tried all the vitamin masks from Banobagi – A, B, C and now E. Until last night, the vitamin B mask was my favorite, but I think its reign may have come to an end. LOL! The star ingredient of this vitamin E mask is hyaluronic acid, so we know going in that it has an edge - my skin LOVES hyaluronic acid. The material, adherence and fit on this vitamin E mask is similar to the other masks in the line – 100% cotton, standard thickness, that light, fresh, and clean signature sheet mask scent, and for me, it just needed the usual, minor adjustments to the chin, outer corner of the mouth and inner and outer corners of the eyes. This particular mask seemed to have a lot more of the slightly thicker gel-like “jelly” serum – a lot more – than the other masks. It was not dripping all over the place but the mask was definitely full of the serum. I end up leaving the mask on for a good 20 minutes longer than the suggested 10-20 minutes (so, a total of 40 minutes) and there was quite a bit of serum on my skin still needing to be absorbed after I removed the mask. My skin looked and felt refreshed and thoroughly hydrated. I like all of the vitamin masks from Banobagi, but if all the vitamin masks were in a steel cage match* against each other, hands down, the last mask standing would be this Vitamin E mask, after a hard fought battle with Vitamin B.  So, an A+ for Vitamin E.

*someone had a wrestling show (sorry, not “show”, a wrestling … thing? event?) on the TV so I felt the need to infuse some wrestling references to my post. We now return to our regular broadcasting… 😉

@itsfi Lovely that they all match too, very aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you @CC3616! 🤗 It’s a sign you have a lot of masks when you can color coordinate products! Hahaha! 😂😂😂 But it has helped to rotate and use up already opened products! ☺️

@itsfi ah thanks for reminding me I have a sample of the amorepacific lying around! How do you find it? My skin is a little dry right now because of something my dermatologist has put me on, and the word “peel” still makes me a hesitant even though I know better by now - not all peels are scary 😂

(also I love your wrestling references!! I have two younger brothers so I had to watch a lot of that growing up due to “majority rules” tv decision making 🙄)

@cianni @itsfi my Dad was the 'majority rules' and there was plenty of wrestling on TV at my house growing up, too 😄

@cianni the AmorePacific peel is super gentle; it doesn’t irritate my skin at all. In winter my skin is dehydrated dry and this peel has not made my skin feel tight or dry. I’ve tried my share of products like this, including the ones from Dermalogica and Tatcha and those are good but this AP one is my favorite. ♥️ I plan on it being something I always have on hand. 

Oh my goodness, yes! Lots of wrestling on the TV when I was a kid... and so many re-enactments of moves - the DDT, clothesline, sleeper hold, etc., etc. 😂😂😂 My stuffed animals and Barbie dolls were made to take part in wrestling matches, so I made sure we had tea parties with the GI Joes and Transformers. 😊👍🏼

20,998 Replies
testing