Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

I didn't even know Innisfree made clay masks other than the one in the brown jar that's popular. I'm interested in that brightening one.

@missy94612, they have a few different ones - in addition to the ones pictured, there's also a green mask, a purple one and a pink mask in the clay series. I just posted about the yellow one - so far, so good. I feel like my complexion looks more awake but I think I need to use it more regularly to see about its brightening claims. 

@itsfi 

The yellow brightening innisfree mask looks good. I like the innisfree Pore Clearing Matte Moisturizer with Volcanic Clusters 1.7 oz/ 50 mL mask and the cleanser for my breakouts but brightening sounds like it would be good.

@nuinui933, I'm intrigued by the brightening one as well. Will let you know how it goes. I meant to use it this week but needed to sub in some heavier moisturizing and nourishing masks from some tlc for my skin.

@itsfi the sheet mask sounds great! Fall/winter always causes more sensitive skin - glad it worked well for redness reduction for you!

Yes, so true @Kim888 - fall/winter can be brutal on my skin. I feel like this year, the dryness has set in well in advance of when it usually does. 

Lovely masking photos @itsfi 

I have a question,  anything you find that helps with redness of the corners of your nose.  I find lots of things help with my cheeks but nothing works on my nose. I just figure it's how it will be forever ๐Ÿ˜…

@CynthieLu, thank you.

Hmmm, good question. Iโ€™m not sure how to get rid of redness there forever. I imagine it will depend at least in some part based on the reason or source of the redness. Mine that night could have been the result of any of the following reason- dinner was too spicy, blowing my nose, the clay mask or removing it, etc. The redness went away and wasnโ€™t present the next morning. To diminish the appearance of redness in that area, Iโ€™ve used Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapairโ„ข Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL.

For the Sample Dive theme :

Youth To The People : Hydrate and Glow Dream Mask

This mask boasts ingredients like Maqui, Vitamin C, Squalane and Hylaronic Acid

This is an over night moisturizing mask

The brand is Cruelty free and Vegan ๐Ÿ’›

20221004_171812_mh1664921422306.jpg

โ€ƒ

I got this mask with a sample bag from Sephora early this September and hadn't gotten around to trying it yet,  I have used this type of mask before and they are right up my alley because my skin is on the dryer side and likes extra moisture.

Spoiler
The mask is thick and rich and yellow. It has a very faint smell, a bit sweet but not very strong. The scent was gone shortly after I applied it to my face.

20221004_173303_mh1664921476274.jpg

โ€ƒ

It is a thick cream that didn't feel greasy to me.  It absorbed into my face in about 15 minutes,  there was a slight tackyness after,  since i was wearing it to bed I was not concerned about it at all. 
The mask had no tingly feeling or any sensation at all on my skin. 

In the morning I woke up and my skin looked plump and hydrated, similar to how it is after Pacificas Wake Up Beautiful sleep mask. Except this mask contains Vitamin C, whereas Pacificas does not. 

My skin looked nice and moisturized, and it carried through the entire day. 
I have one more sample I think I might save for a really cold and dry winter night and see how it helps combat the dry colder weather. My skin needs serious help during those extreme cold snaps. I'd hold off on considering a purchase until I put it to the test again. 

Happy Masking! ๐Ÿฆ„

@CynthieLu this is one of my favorite masks!

It's really nice @lmaster I am going to test it out this winter, when the weather here is dry and freezing, I hope it'll help during that time โ„๏ธ 

@CynthieLu 

THis is a great mask. A love in our house.

I can't wait to see how it performs in the chill and dry of our winter @missy94612 

Ahhhh, this is a favorite among many on BIC @CynthieLu! It does wonders for dry skin and with the cooler weather approaching (or having already arrived for some folks), itโ€™ll be be in high demand! 

I can see why,  it was very hydrating. @itsfi  I've decided I have it's cheaper sister in another product lol,  they share alot of qualities. I'm very curious to see who holds up better in the extreme temperatures of January and Febuary.

Abib Gummy Sheet Mask 

Spoiler
I thought this mask seemed interesting since it claims it strongly sticks to the skin and can be stretched to perfectly fit your face. 

Unfortunately those claims are nonsense. Itโ€™s just a normal soft feeling mask that was actually slightly too narrow and a bit short on the chin. It really didnโ€™t feel stretchy at all. I think it was slightly more likely to stick than some masks but thereโ€™s plenty of other make that I can get up and do stuff with it on. 

on the other hand, it didnโ€™t have any particular scent and I actually thought it was pretty hydrating. It all absorbed within about 10 minutes. 

so I overall the result was a success but itโ€™s not anything special 

52BC3C4E-1F8F-46C1-AC2B-383CC54B31F6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, I thought the โ€œgummyโ€ referred to the serum in the mask; how interesting that it applies to the sheet. Your results sound nice; itโ€™s too bad this one wasnโ€™t a standout. Thatโ€™s probably the case more often with all the masks youโ€™ve used through the years; it gets more challenging for a mask to be considered special.

@Kim888 somehow a "gummy" sheet mask doesn't sound very appealing anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hmmmm it sounds like โ€˜gummyโ€™ might not have been an applicable name for this one, @Kim888. It sure sounded good, though! 

Do you think you'd try it again @Kim888 ?

I wouldnโ€™t go out of my way to buy it again but if I ended up with another Iโ€™d use it @CynthieLu 

testing