cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2023 Mask of the Week Challenge Ideas***

The schedule is underway for next year, and I would love to hear your thoughts!! This year's full schedule is in the spoiler under "Letters of the Month" for reference. Below is a very short form to help:

Spoiler

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Sephora Collections

Letters of the Month: M - Q

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@CookieGirl1, glad you were able to give yourself some me time. Hope your day is better.

@itsfi @eshoe sometimes you just need a good little pamper sesh to relax and unwind so ending my day like that was very soothing.  It was just one of those days but those happen and there's always a new day with an opportunity to be a better one :).

@CookieGirl1 with that attitude, better days will always be around the corner ☺️

Sounds like you needed some you time @CookieGirl1 I hope your masking session was a peacefull as it sounds πŸ’š

What mask is this? The name is so intriguing πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ  I'm going to google it lol I must know more 

@CynthieLu It's the Leahlani Mermaid Mask.  It's honestly SO good (and I'm generally not a big "mask person") and I know that @heartsmyface has also bought it and loves it.  

So a couple of weeks ago, I found this tucked sideways in my mask drawer. A true Forgotten Wonder.

3E4BF1FB-295C-4C2A-8A3B-8C94EE411B22.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been using the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL pretty often - once a week or so. It is a solid performer for me in how enjoyable it is to use, as well as being aesthetically pleasing. 

When I found this Douglas Catwoman Detox Skin Mask (many, many thanks, @heartsmyface) , hidden sideways next to other masks, I thought it would be the perfect one for that week’s challenge. As a detox mask, I anticipated a black charcoal sheet, which, would seem appropriate as for the costume.
21DC2DE9-560D-4004-9FE7-006ED0F19C80.jpeg

The packaging was impeccable.

0F5316FA-AEB9-4AA6-AC46-D0C34CE2DA3E.jpeg

 

97FB7C15-FCDF-485E-880A-274017A0436E.jpeg

There was an abundance of light/medium thickness, clear serum that was had a typical β€˜sheet mask’ scent. I left it on as long as I could, my husband left the room immediately in laughter after eyeing me, and my daughter refused to look at me as she was terrified. I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
F02AF581-8700-48C8-AC1B-DD114A31414F.jpeg
I left it on around 20 minutes, and did not notice any residual tackiness. I finished my routine with some Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, which is a great cheek love for dry patches. Thanks for the laughs, heartsmyface…this was my favorite Forgotten Wonder ever!

@eshoe 

LOL. This looks like a really fun mask!

It was spooky fun, @nuinui933

@eshoe  This is a very interesting mask !!  Your skin liked it and that’s what counts.  But I love the expression on it!!  

Interesting is an apt description for this one, @Cissy63 πŸ˜‚ I felt the same way, and yes, bonus points for it being kind to my skin!

@eshoe, how fun! The packaging alone is a stunner.

In terms of packaging that captures the eyes and the heart, @itsfi, this one takes both ☺️  

@eshoe Oh that is so fun! Right up my alley!

Yep, it was definitely goofy and well-worth waiting for, @Samtian πŸ˜

Oh my gosh, how fun is that mask?! You were definitely rocking it, @eshoe!

Ha ha, @quspork - it was just as equally funny as it was terrifying. Perfect for this time of year!

@eshoe  Omg!!! This mask is so fun!!! I love your mask lineup. I agree the Tatcha violet c is a great mask. I need to remember to use it more!! Love your picture in the mask!!!

I think for a special masking session, the Tatcha-C might be my favorite, @ather. I hope I brought a little smile or laugh to your face with that crazy Catwoman mask🀣

@eshoe  The cat woman picture definitely brought a smile to my face! I saw the thumbnail and I was intrigued so I went looking for it!

The packaging was incredible, @ather. It was obvious that a lot of thought went into it (thought to make the end user laugh, that is!) 

Wow, the design of that mask is awesome, @eshoe!

31 Replies
testing