Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

Sorry about the no go ingredient. My daughter wants the koala. LOL. My husband is on board with wearing the mask for her. Do you remember where you got this one?

@missy94612, your daughter has good taste - the plushie is quite soft. ๐Ÿจ  I picked up the sheet mask at a local boutique where they had a few from this line available for individual purchase - this koala and a panda one. Iโ€™ve seen10 packs as well as a variety pack from time to time at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Amazon, though the latter seems to be harder to come by. 

@itsfi super cute!! Sorry you had to wash the serum off!!

@lmaster, her koala plushie is super cute, and really soft too! ๐Ÿจ  This isn't one that worked for me, but I can see the mask being a nice hydrating one for someone else. 

@itsfi That face mask and plushie are both so cute. I'm a sucker for animal printed masks, tbh. Sorry that the ingredients don't mesh well with your skin, what a bummer. 

@QueenMarceline, sheet masks with animal illustrations can be entertaining. Yeah, I should have known better than to pick up this mask with brown kelp in the ingredients: another reminder to be more mindful of the INCI list. 

@itsfi Awe, that plushy is super cute! Did you borrow this one from your niece? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't have any notes on it, but I'm pretty sure I remember liking this one. Too bad you had to wash it off! if you don't mind me asking, what ingredient is it that you're trying to avoid?

@Shosh85, ha, yes, this photo shoot was made possible because of my nieceโ€™s collection of plushies ๐Ÿจ and some hard fought negotiations. That kid! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Oh, whoops. Sorry about that. My skin doesnโ€™t respond well to brown kelp. I can handle seaweed, algae, and other forms of kelp but that particular ingredient, usually listed as laminaria japonica extract, is a no-go for me. ๐Ÿ˜” I somehow just missed it in the INCI list when I bought it, or perhaps I didnโ€™t look at the ingredients list carefully enough. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Note to self. ๐Ÿ“ I was distracted by the coconut water being the third ingredient - I see that on a sheet mask and think โ€œcould you be a dupe for the discontinued TCFS Coconut Ceramide mask that I love(d)?!โ€ (Please read  that as dramatically as possible because thereโ€™s much drama when I say it in my head?! ๐Ÿคฃ)

Hereโ€™s a snapshot of the full INCI list from the skinskoolbeauty site.

43D78F27-0C4A-4297-8829-AF54F930D69C.jpeg

@itsfi  I feel like I've heard a lot of people who've said they are allergic or sensitive to seaweed/kelp/algae - it's interesting that it's specifically brown kelp for you. Glad you realized it as soon as you did!
Alcohol being so high in the list isn't too great either!

@Shosh85, I learned the hard way about my skinโ€™s sensitivity to brown kelp. Ugh. The Whamisa sea kelp mask, while fancy, is a big no for me. But in so doing, lesson learned. ๐Ÿ˜† I didnโ€™t realize it was just brown kelp until I started going over my notes on my sheet mask usage. There were seaweed / algae / non- brown kelp masks I used (spirulina for example) and my skin was fine, but that laminaria japonica extract comes up, no thank you; pass, please. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ 

I learned too that some brands donโ€™t specifically call out the brown kelp and lump all similar marine based extracts into one description (greeeaaat) so I try to be extra careful. 

The print is sure cute ๐Ÿจ @itsfi 

I think print masks for me are more fun than functional, but I love โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜  cute stuff lol 

@CynthieLu, the cute stuff just pulls us in, doesnโ€™t it?!! ๐Ÿ˜ I can go into a store, determined to just pick up what I went in for and then โ€ฆ โ€œoooh, cute!โ€ Or, โ€œwhat is THIS?!!โ€ and then focus is a little harder to maintain. ๐Ÿ˜‚ The print masks are often mostly about the prints but there have been a couple that are repeated repurchase for me, namely The Creme Shop Cica-Mend mask with the cute tiger. ๐Ÿฏ My skin really likes that mask.

Yeees @itsfi I feels this hard. Cutesy stuff gets me often ๐Ÿ˜… especially animal themed cuteness. The stores know my weaknesses ๐ŸฆŠ ๐Ÿฆ„ ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿคฉ I'm just over here like take my $$ 

Hahaha @CynthieLu. If the animated animal sheet masks are a weakness, youโ€™ll need to hold onto your wallet with the holidays approaching. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ’ธ In past years, Iโ€™ve seen quite a few of the animal print masks from The Creme Shop in Marshalls / TJ Maxx, both from their permanent line as well as special holiday editions. Other brands will put out cutesy animal print masks for the holidays too. 

Today's mask is brought to you by the letters "G, H and I"...... Goodal Ginseng Infused Honey Mask ๐Ÿฏ

F7ABB5FE-A39D-4D73-969A-BC0CEC017186.jpeg

Spoiler

Goodal Ginseng Infused Honey Mild Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

White, milky

Scent:

Mostly a light ginseng scent- I may have smelled just a hint of honey

Fit:

Just a little too long at the chin

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

Very light and only stuck around for about 5 minutes

Results:

There was some very light tingling while the mask was on, but I really barely felt it.

My skin felt soft, hydrated, moisturized and looked noticeably brighter

Repurchase?

Yup, the results were great, so I probably would repurchase this one!

Ingredients:
8FA93A8F-3490-49F9-9A31-7B5606A59A7C.jpeg

Ooh I've never heard of this line before, it sounds like a really good one! I'm glad you enjoyed it @Shosh85 it sounded lovely ๐Ÿฏ ๐Ÿ’›

@CynthieLu  This is a pretty solid line! I haven't really been disappointed by any of them so far! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  This sounds like a perfect mask! I love it when a mask makes my skin look brighter and feel softer. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 

@PrettyPaint  Yup, it's definitely worthy of a repurchase! Makes a great morning mask!

@Shosh85  What a combo! The results sound amazing!!

@ather  Honey makes everything better! This definitely turned out great! ๐Ÿฏ

1 Reply
testing