Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888 Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will give the philosophy a try for sure! 

@PrettyPaint I love that feeling of instant gratification!  Not many masks do that for me so it's always fun to find one that DOES.

@CookieGirl1  Great point! I can't really think of too many skincare products that give instant gratification! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint Sounds lovely, I love most of the OleHenriksen products I have tried thus far. This looks like a great mask, such a shame it has been discontinued. 

@QueenMarceline  It's seriously such a great product! I wish I understood what makes a brand decide to discontinue something so good. 

@PrettyPaint Truly something I'll never fully understand. ๐Ÿ˜•

That sounds sooo luxurious @PrettyPaint and that you really had fun with it ๐Ÿคฉ enjoy the extra smooth skin! And the way you described the smell  I bet it was yummy ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹

@CynthieLu  Mmmm...it really smells so good!

Oooh this is a fun conversation.  I love taking the time to use masks, it's soul healing time for me when I make the time for self care and masking is soo relaxing. ๐Ÿฅฐ

There are so many on here I've never heard of or tried, I'm going to spend some time reading what you guys have tried, love and keep on using! I'm sure I'll see something I'll just need to give a go myself ๐Ÿ˜…

I'm currently experimenting with a few masks at home,

The Stem Cell face mask is a pack that came with 30 sheets, but I received a Jumbo one it has 60 ( I received it with my Dermabeam Pro LED face mask) I love that it came in a large pack rather than single use waste but it is tricky getting them out to use, they've all clumped togeather ๐Ÿ˜…

My favorite hair mask right now is the Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindโ„ข Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL  thou I have it in the trial size.  The Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Deep Conditioning Hair Mask is very good but my hair dosent love it as much as the Kiwi Mega Moisture. I also use K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL **ooops not pictured** when I need it, but that's more treatment than mask but it says mask lol

I received the City smart Peel off mask by Elizabeth Arden as a promotion, and i just ran out of my amazing Dr.Jart masks (I love them most of all!) 

My absolute favorite is Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberโ„ข Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubberโ„ข Mask with Soothing Allantoin  **not pictured**

I have 2 test size masks by Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  and Juice Beauty KATE HUDSON loves JUICE BEAUTY Revitalizing Acacia + Rose Powder Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to try at some point

And the 3 glow recipie masks I have right now are fabulous

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL 

Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow AHA Night Treatment 2.02 oz / 60 mL  **2nd bottle**

The LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Grapefruit is so hydrating the little tester I have is almost gone, very awesome product imo

Lol, this is me saying hi and can't wait to read up on this thread!

20220813_090839.jpg

โ€ƒ

Woohoo ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ this is quite a list of skin and hair care and love, @CynthieLu! That Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindโ„ข Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL is such a stellar mask; itโ€™s my favorite Briogeo ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu  Those hair masks are the best!

@CynthieLu hi!!! Lovely assortment of masks ๐Ÿ˜

Welcome @CynthieLu! Looks like you got a lot of great masks! Glow Recipe is such a solid brand and those Dr. Jart masks are pretty fun to use! Glad you're enjoying everything!

@CynthieLu 

I love all the Glow Recipe masks.

Mee tooo  @nuinui933

๐Ÿ’“ Thats my second bottle of the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow AHA Night Treatment 2.02 oz / 60 mL

@CynthieLu  Welcome! I haven't tried that particular rubber mask. My experience with them hasn't been that great, so maybe I will need to give that one a try. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @PrettyPaint Everyone has such different skin ๐Ÿ’š mine defintley loves the k-beauty lines for masks. The one I use mostDr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberโ„ข Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubberโ„ข Mask with Soothing Allantoin helps calm my red and sensitive skin and I find it just really gentle and plumping, great at adding moisture and my skin is for sure on the dryer side of the fence ๐Ÿ˜…

@CynthieLu Welcome to the thread, I think you're going to love it here ๐Ÿ™‚ Some amazing mask choices that you left there. I've been wanting to try the Dr. Jart masks for what feels like forever but I have yet to pick any up. 

I'm just starting to try out the GLOW Watermelon Clay mask and so far, I like it a lot ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to trying more from them in the future.

Thank you @QueenMarceline I think I will, this thread checks so many of my boxes ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

That mask the  Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL is sooo gentle for a clay mask, It is really nice. I heard they launched (or are launching soon) a more potent version of thier Watermelon Sleep Mask. I love the original so I'm very curious about this new one.  I'm a fan of GR for sure ๐Ÿ˜…

Welcome @CynthieLu! Ahhh, I spy some fun and fabulous masks! ๐Ÿ˜ Those Briogeo masks are great - my hair feels so soft and hydrated after using them. I think I have that Juice Beauty x Kate Hudson mask ... somewhere in that mask bin of mine - good reminder that that is another mask I need to try. Love Laneige lip masks; up until recently, I would pick up every flavor that came out, but I put a pause to that practice for a time to work through my other lip masks / lip balms, but I did pick up the new, limited edition LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Mango and have been loving it. 

Agree wtih skin care as self care. I don't always treat my skincare routine that way but it really can provide a lovely, nurturing time-out for ourselves. Grab a cup of tea / coffee or other drink of choice, maybe a light snack, sit back and enjoy reading up on masks ... lots of masks! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’—

Thank you @itsfi I'm very happy to be here ๐Ÿ˜€ I don't often use lip masks but I lucked into a trial size and it is the best! I was using a lip balm by Elizabeth Arden as a lip treatment (when it got wintery and dry) for years and it was good,  BUT  The Laniege lip products blow it completely out of the water, like left it waaay back in the dust. That line is really very hydrating and impressive imo

testing