Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CynthieLu, the Dr. Jart Ceramidin line is great for dry skin. ๐Ÿ’› Nice finds at Marshalls.

Ty @itsfi I have a weak skin barrier on my face, I'm always looking to strengthen, repair and maintain it.  I had ezcema my entire childhood and unfortunately severly on my face but never dived into skincare until pretty far into my adulthood, I am a huge enthusiast now ๐Ÿ˜… and I've never had a complexion this good ๐Ÿ˜ Dr Jart definitely has been working for me so I am eager to try these ones ๐Ÿ’›

@CynthieLu, it always makes me so happy to hear when someone finds products that truly help care for their skin. ๐Ÿฅฐ Thatโ€™s awesome. I hear ya on not getting into skincare until later in life. But youโ€™ve dived in and have found things that suit your skinโ€™s needs! Yessss!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

Same @itsfi when someone is happy with thier skin and a product brings them joy,  I'm there for it cheering ๐Ÿฅณ

This is for the theme of Extraordinary Exfoliators

It is Ole Henriksen's PowerBright, which is sadly discontinued. I really, really wanted to try it and dear @itsfi was kind enough to give me this opportunity. However, I do think @olehenriksen needs to bring this back - please, please please! I will make it worth your efforts.

So clearly I love it...

It comes with three little mask containers to be used in 3 stages: 1) a polish (an exfoliating sugar mask), 2) brighten (Vitamin C concentrate), and 3) glow (a melting cleanser). 

Basically you put on the sugar mask and leave it for 10 minutes, massage, and rinse. Next, you apply the vitamin C concentrate and let it dry down a bit (~2 min.). Finally, you add the glow cleanser and blend it on your face. There's a nice, gentle warming sensation. Finally, you wipe it off after 15 minutes. It smells so good and citrusy! 

My skin is sensitive, and I didn't experience any irritation. What I did experience, however, were some instant results (heck, yes!). I have never had an actual facial before, but perhaps the results are similar to this? My skin feels so smooth and soft that I seriously keep touching my face, and it has this nice natural/healthy glow.  Why does this good stuff have to get discontinued? 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint I feel your pain on this one - it was most certainly one of the best โ€˜instantโ€™ skin boosts! 

@PrettyPaint  Oh why did they discontinued this one. I remember it being so good!! And you got instant results too. 

@ather  I'm so sad they discontinued it. I would totally love to use this on a regular basis. 

@PrettyPaint ughhhh I love this one too!!! Why do they have to discontinue the best ones

@lmaster  It seems like everyone loves it! It would be so nice if they could bring it back. 

@PrettyPaint  Oh, I love this one too! I still have a couple of these left but will definitely be sad when they're gone. So happy to hear it turned out great for you!

@Shosh85  Awww, I'm glad you have some stashed away still. It's such a great product! 

@PrettyPaint, I would love, love , loooove if OH brought this back! ๐Ÿงก It works beautifully on the skin and the scent is incredible. ๐ŸŠ I am so happy to hear you were able to get such great results with this peel set. 

@itsfi  Well thank you so much for letting me get to try it. It does smell incredible! I think that this masking board alone could provide OH enough profits to justify re-releasing it. 

@PrettyPaint, this is, er, was a favorite among so many of us. I am glad that I found some of the last ones but bummed I discovered it when it was on its way to being discontinued. I have always held out some hope that @olehenriksen would bring this 3-step brightening system back into its collection. I can see how the set up may not be ideal with all the packaging components even if that made it very convenient for travel and also for not using too much of a product at once. That said, I have to think there'd be a way to get this beauty out there in the market again in a more sustainable way. Whenever I see them come out with new products or in some instances, repackaged / redesigned products, I do think to myself "maybe they'll bring back this brightening system." In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed this makes its way back. ๐Ÿคž It really is was ๐Ÿ˜ž an amazing set of products. Dear Ole Henriksen, dear Sephora @TeamBIC . . . 

Omg I totally forgot about these @PrettyPaint ! I remember when they came with like everything! I did really love them! 

The philosophy micro delivery 2 step gives pretty similar results if youโ€™re looking for options! 

@Kim888 Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will give the philosophy a try for sure! 

@PrettyPaint I love that feeling of instant gratification!  Not many masks do that for me so it's always fun to find one that DOES.

@CookieGirl1  Great point! I can't really think of too many skincare products that give instant gratification! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint Sounds lovely, I love most of the OleHenriksen products I have tried thus far. This looks like a great mask, such a shame it has been discontinued. 

@QueenMarceline  It's seriously such a great product! I wish I understood what makes a brand decide to discontinue something so good. 

1 Reply
testing