Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 Ooooh, ginseng and honey? This mask sounds like an absolute dream! 

@QueenMarceline  The results really turned out nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I really like this brand, I bet it was lovely

@lmaster  Yup, I agree, this is a great line of masks! I'd definitely repurchase most of them!

I love the masks from this series @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ’› It was one of those sheet masks where I started with one sheet years ago, loved it, picked up another one, loved it, then another one and... yep, loved it, and ... A honey ginseng scent gets a thumbs up from me! ๐Ÿ‘ Way to check off those letter themes. Have you tried all of the "flavors" from this series?

@itsfi  Yup, these have been really great! I think there is 10 varieties in this line and so far I've tried 7. I still have Mugwort and Tea Tree to try, but never was interested in picking up the Lotus one. Have you tried them all? Would love to know what your favorite has been so far?

@Shosh85, I've tried 6 - I still have citron, green tea, tea tree and lotus to try. All but tea tree are somewhere in the bin. I'm not sure I will try tea tree; tea tree isn't my favorite ingredient for skincare but I do like the idea of the mask being a honey mask (and you know I love honey as a skincare ingredient) that is infused with tea tree, suggesting the honey is more prominent.. All the ones I've used have been good but I think my faves are blueberry, apple, ginseng and raspberry ones. I probably need to use them all or most of them in closer proximity to one another. Any ones that particularly standout for you among the ones you've tried?

@itsfi  It's so hard to pick a favorite from this line. I think if I had to choose it'd be the Raspberry one, but really, I like all the ones with milky serum pretty equally.  Basically, I prefer the "honey infused" ones over the "water infused" ones.
Also, thought it was interesting that in the list of ingredients on the Raspberry mask, it shows it contains strawberries (it even smells like artificial strawberries to me) - but I don't see raspberries listed? Am I missing something? ๐Ÿค”

There is a Raspberry version of this mask, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜š that sounds like an easy winner! Even though it sounds like it may be โ€˜pseudo-raspberriesโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜…

@Shosh85, hahaha! You are not missing anything. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ I remember looking up a couple of the extracts that I was not familiar with to see if they might be another way to say raspberry but nope. They were definitely not raspberries or even raspberry related. I even checked to see if the โ€œbeach strawberryโ€ was in fact a strawberry ๐Ÿ“ just to give โ€˜em the benefit of the doubt and itโ€™s a strawberry alright. ๐Ÿ˜† At one point I wondered if there was / was supposed to be a strawberry infused honey mask - how great would that be? ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฏ 

Back to raspberries, I know I see some masks with raspberry ketones as an ingredient but not so here that I remember. I also donโ€™t remember coming across many raspberry masks in general - thereโ€™s the old raspberry yogurt one from the fusion line from The Creme Shop which I liked, and Laneige made/makes a wash off raspberry yogurt one that was alright. I think Origins had one in their flower line but that series is too heavily fragrances for me - my eyes are watering just thinking about the scents on those. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Yup, I did the same thing! For a second I thought maybe "Beach Strawberry" was a type of Raspberry.... I was seriously so perplexed with one ๐Ÿ˜‚

It's been awhile, but I do remember really liking that Raspberry mask from The Creme Shop!

If I'm reading right the theme right now is 5 minute wonders? Oooooh what masks are nice for a quick little pick me up?

My entire collection is 15+ minutes easy ๐Ÿ˜…

I did go shopping at Marshals and find these gems to try thou 

**never used these ones before but I've heard very good things ๐Ÿ™‚ **

20220814_091654.jpg

โ€ƒ

Beautiful composition, @CynthieLu! Ceramide masks are are a must to have on hand ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  

@CynthieLu  Great find!!! I always see those shot ones but Iโ€™ve yet to try them too!! 

I've seen them around alot too @ather so this one will be the first try, lol well see how it turns out when I give it a go lol

@CynthieLu I've heard amazing things about those Dr. Jart ceramidin masks, keep us posted on how they faired after you try them out ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu the sheet mask I love, the shake in shot I just couldn't get the right consistency, I'm not good at masks I have to mix myself

I've heard that about those @lmaster but I jumped in and I'm going to give it a try one day soon. I figure try it once and if it's a disaster I'll stick with pre-made lol

@CynthieLu absolutely!!

@CynthieLu  This is a good one - so great for dry skin! Hope you like them!

Ty @Shosh85 I've heard only great things about it  *that's why I scooped them up* ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm going to have some realxin maskin time hopefully tonight ๐Ÿ˜‹

5 Replies
testing