Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe 

What great goals. What I'd give for soft and smooth, exfoliated skin all the time. My skin has been so dry that I'm somewhat scared to using any exfoliation other than once per week. 

@missy94612 oh no, I promise you I have been there. One thing I changed in my routine that helped and made a notice difference in a couple of weeks was my cleansing routine. I stopped doing my AM cleanse, and went down to one cleanse in the evening instead of two (oil then either a balm, gel, foam, etc.).

Since doing this, I have slowly added exfoliation back into my routine, where I  now feel comfortable doing it a couple of times a week, although they are usually weak. No crazy peels more than once a month! 

Stress could also be a factor, it was for me. Skin just doesnโ€™t seem to like it much, any more than we doโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  The sheet mask sounds nice! I love using aloe masks in the summertime! โ˜€๏ธ

Yes, they are so refreshing, @Shosh85! This one especially, it was such a comfortable fitโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Ooooo I like exfoliation and gentle!! I definitely need to try the Biossance! Great masking sesh! 

Biossance in general has been good for my skin @ather. I donโ€™t think I have heard much in terms of irritation from others, either. Always good to end a masking session with happy (rather than red, angry ๐Ÿ˜ก) skin ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for sharing @eshoe ! I donโ€™t remember hearing a lot about that Bioessence mask! 

Yes, I havenโ€™t heard much about it either, @Kim888. I sure do miss their Rose Vitamin C mask, though. 

@eshoe, soft, smooth skin is always a plus. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Yes, @itsfi, especially in summertime when the heat and humidity can wreck a little havoc. This is a good little โ€˜stabilizerโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe sounds like a marvelous mask!! I love the kaja you gifted me so much ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster it is a good one, have you tried it? I found this little tube at TJ Maxx while ago but was too scared to try it for the longest time. Turns out to be much gentler than I anticipated.

@eshoe the one I have is squalene and tea tree

Oh that was a doozy for me @lmaster. It had a pretty strong scent.

@eshoe I think I have at least a year ago, if I remember correctly,,,,I have one unopened lol

This sounds like a great combo, @eshoe. I'm glad you were able to get your hands on the Biossance mini. I love being able to grab a mini or travel size of something to try out before committing to the full-size version! It feels so much less wasteful that way in case something doesn't work out well. 

@quspork minis of everything, please ๐Ÿ˜‚

They also help avert expired productsโ€ฆa win-win all around!

This one fits the letter A theme - for aquaring and ampoule. 

missy94612_0-1658884806571.png

HE SAID: Makes my skin moist. It takes down the redness after I shave. I like it.

SHE SAID: It's good; my skin feels hydrated and moisturized. It also felt a little tingle for a brief time. Nothing major but it was definitely tingly which I thought was strange. It's a nice mask; I prefer the collagen one from this brand.

@missy94612  Oh no tingly? Hmmm I remember loving this one like he said!! 

@missy94612 ohh nice it took some redness away! The tingling is interesting, I wonder if there are any actives listed in the ingredients 

Ohh, masking twins, @missy94612! I just used this one this week as well haha. This a nice one for that added bump in hydration but I'm glad the tingling didn't lead to any sort of irritation for you. 

testing