Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline  Sounds like a decent filler mask! 

@PrettyPaint Could see this being nice for travel or on-the-go use. ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, the end results - soft, hydrated skin - sounds good. This seems like it might come in handy for traveling, or a nice way to try out the mask before purchasing a larger size (if the mask comes in a larger size). Is there enough product in the packet for more than one use?

@itsfi Personally, I don't think there is any way that one could get more than a single use out of this satchel. Unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜•

Interesting @QueenMarceline- I donโ€™t think 20 minutes before total dry down is a great wear time ! But always good to have a filler mask around 

@Kim888 Admittedly, it could have been a touch longer. However this is also a traditional face mask opposed to a sheet mask.

@QueenMarceline  Wasnโ€™t all terrible!! 

@ather Definitely not ๐Ÿ™‚

I meant to use these masks earlier in the year (for the months when C or M were included in the monthly letters challenge), including last month, but time and work deadlines got the best of me, so here we are, and to make it work with a mask challenge theme this month, we're going to go with ... wait for it ... 

G - green.jpg

G for green ๐Ÿ’š
and a throwback ode to @sonnydee's rainbow mask theme from June (eeek!) that I meant to do then.

For the last week-and-a-half, I've been doing some multi-masking a couple of times per week with the two wash off masks - Axis-Y Gel Mask on my cheeks and along my hair line and Axis-Y Wash Off Mask on my T-zone, along my jawline and the area just under my chin.

Axis-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask (lighter, olive green tube):  
tl;dr: A lightweight, slightly herbal scented, pale olive-green hued, plant-leaf infused gel that cools and soothes skin on contact and leaves it feeling soft, smooth and lightly hydrated in just 10 minutes.
Spoiler
Mask:Axis-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask
Brand Origin:South Korea
Manufacture Site:South Korea
Claim(s)Hydrating, repairing, soothing, brightening and evens tone
Key Ingredient(s)
Niacinamide (brightening) (2%);
cica extract (soothing);
Houttuynia Cordata extract (soothing; anti-inflammatory);
fig extract (hydrating, regenerating);
allantoin (soothing; protecting);
mugwort (soothing; calming);
madecassoside (soothing; healing, antioxidant) 

Consistency / Texture:Lightweight, pale olive green hued gel (though slightly runny in texture, it adheres well to the skin) with tiny bits of plant leaves scattered throughout
ScentFresh and refreshing, with a soft herbal bent
PerformanceThough leaning on the thinner side as far as gels go, this one  applied smoothly and easily, and adhered nicely to my skin without dripping. A little of this product goes a long way and the gel feels cooling and soothing on the skin. The mask felt lightweight on the skin, wore comfortably for the 10 minutes I had it on, and rinsed off easily with a lukewarm water and a washcloth.
Results:Skin looked and felt smooth, more clear, brighter, and lightly hydrated. 
Best Suited For:All skin types in the warmer, summer months; though it seems that it's more suited for those with combination or oily skin. It may not be hydrating enough for those with dry or very dry skin. 
Will I Repurchase?:A little of this goes a long way and while I like this mask, it's not one I feel that I must have, and, as a result, I may not repurchase it immediately after finishing this tube.

Axis-Y Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash Off Pack (darker green tube)
tl;dr: A creamy, herbal and minty scented, mugwort and kaolin-clay based mask that soothes and calms inflamed and irritated skin as it gently exfoliates it with the Adzuki Bean granule sprinkled throughout the mask and soothes.
Spoiler
Mask:Axis-Y Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash Off Pack
Claim(s)Pore clarifying, exfoliating, soothing
Key Ingredient(s):
Mugwort extract (revitalizing; soothing) (61%); 
Adzuki Bean (exfoliating); 
kelp (revitalizing, nourishing);
artichoke leaf extract (antioxidants; anti-aging);
mung bean extract (moisturizing; brightening; strengthening)
Houttuynia Cordata extract (cell regeneration)
lotus (cell regeneration; helps control sebum production; brightening)

Consistency / Texture:There's a rich creaminess to this kaolin-clay based mask, with Adzuki Bean granules sprinkled all throughout.
ScentHerbaceous, earthy with a slight minty scent; noticeable but not pungent, disappears after rinsing off the mask
PerformanceThe Adzuku Bean granules are gentle on the skin and do a nice job of exfoliating. The mask feels comfortable on the skin for the 15 minutes I had it on, and interestingly, I feel some cooling on the skin as the product begins to dry down (without feeling drying). It washes off easily with lukewarm water and a washcloth.
Results:Clears skin and makes it feel fresh and cleansed without making it feel dry or tight, always a plus from a clay mask. My skin also feels soft and plump, with some redness and darker spots appearing to have been diminished. 
Best Suited For:Any skin type, even dry skin. The Adzuki Bean granules are really gentle so those with sensitive skin might enjoy this mask as well.
Will I Repurchase?:Yes, though it may be a while before I need to as a little product goes a long way.

Dr. Belmeur Real Calming Face Mask - Summer Mugwort:
tl;dr:  Soft, thin, possibly Tencel sheet saturated without dripping in a clean, thin, slightly herbal scented watery essence that after half an hour of wear, diminishes the look of redness on skin, and leaving it looking and feeling soothed and nicely hydrated.
Spoiler
Mask:Dr. Belmeur Real Calming Fae Mask - Summer Mugwort
Claim(s)Soothing, calming, relieves skin irritation
Material:Soft, thin, possibly Tencel?
Adherence:Great
Fit:Good, can be tailored to fit face shape and size with some adjustments
Essence:Clear, thin and watery but not so runny as to drip everywhere
Scent:Fresh, with a very slight, fleeting herbal scent that disappears just almost as quickly as it is detected
Viscosity:Low, just enough to keep the essence from dripping
Performance (during 30 minutes of wear):The sheet wears comfortably and is saturated with essence that you can feel it hydrating your skin even as you have it on.
Tack / Stickiness:None
Results:Redness on my cheeks appeared to be lessened / diminished. Skin was nicely hydrated and soothed. 
Best Suited For:All skin types, but aimed at those looking to calm / soothe skin irritations
Will I Repurchase?:Yes. 
I also used the LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm in the pear flavor/scent (not pictured) but it doesn't seem to be available (or taggable) and the VOLUSPA Mini Havana Mint Mojito Glass Jar Candle 5.5 oz/ 156 g (can't seem to tag the trio set that this tin was part of).

@itsfi The Dr. Belmeur mask sounds really nice, and I love the simplistic packaging!

Ive never heard of the Axis-Y brand, but both of those masks sound lovely! I'm always attracted to masks with Mugwort! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, this Dr. Belmeur one is part of a series that is based on the seasons that apparently does not include the spring? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Or, I just can't seem to find one, online or in store, for spring. User error is a possibility, always. ๐Ÿคฃ I keep pulling up these versions but nothing for the springtime. lol.

Summer Mugwort

Fall Hemp Seeds

Winter Aloe

Yes to mugwort! I found the Axis-Y brand while browsing a couple of Kbeaty online retailers - I'm suuuuuure I was just looking for one sheet mask and somehow a few other products ended up in my cart when I checked out. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Ha ha! What do they have against Spring? ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I know, right @Shosh85?!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I keep thinking, did I miss something? Did we lose a season along the way here?

@itsfi  Sounds like a Gggreat masking session!! ๐Ÿคฃ I am green with envy! Sorry couldnโ€™t help myself!! I love the green theme I just painted my nails and used a shade of green in them!! The Dr Belmeur mask sounds amazing! They all sound pretty good. I love that voluspa scent! I have it in the reed diffuser I keep it in my room because itโ€™s not overwhelming! What is the plant you have pictured? 

Hahahaha @ather! I love this. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Youโ€™re on a roll; you go, girl! Your comments are gggold! ๐Ÿฅ‡ 

Oh my goodness, I would looove to know what this plant is - Trader Joeโ€™s calls it โ€œfillerโ€ for floral arrangements. I was putting a couple of bouquets together and picked this up. No idea what it is. I even tried searching for similar plants based on the photo in Google but to no avail - Iโ€™m not the most tech savvy so that is not a surprise. ๐Ÿ˜† Would love to know what it is - it does hold up quite well!! That small sprig has lasted over a month!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

@itsfi  Oh interesting. Iโ€™ll have to take a picture of it and see if I can figure it out. Iโ€™ve been trying to have a green thumb and Iโ€™ve been propagating succulents and cactus. I love having fresh flowers in my house and fresh plants! 

Thatโ€™s so cool @ather! I love having fresh cut flowers in the house - I hadnโ€™t realized how large dahlias can get ๐Ÿ‘€. Succulents and cactus sound great though I am sure I would prick myself a lot with the cactus. ๐ŸŒต Please keep me posted on how it goes! I tried my hand with an aloe plant and that went well for a couple of years but then โ€ฆ RIP aloe plant. I was told they were strong and could survive anything. Oops. ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi What an amazing photo! โค๏ธ All of these look super fun to try.

@QueenMarceline, thank you, Iโ€™ve tried a few sheet masks from Dr. Belmeur and have really enjoyed them. Axis-Y is a new brand to me, a newer brand to the Kbeauty space actually. I thought the mask pack set was a good way to try out the brand. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi I think the gel mask catches my attention the most, I've been wanting to try one of those out for a while now,

@QueenMarceline, the Axis-Y gel mask is a nice one. It feels cool and refreshing on the skin. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ My favorite gel mask is probably the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask. itโ€™s technically an overnight mask but it does have a gel consistency and I like the results I get from it overnight.

testing