cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: πŸŽ¨ Artistic Sheet Masks - thank you @Kim888 for this week’s creative challenge!

Letters of the Month: I - M

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@QueenMarceline  It's seriously such a great product! I wish I understood what makes a brand decide to discontinue something so good. 

@PrettyPaint Truly something I'll never fully understand. πŸ˜•

That sounds sooo luxurious @PrettyPaint and that you really had fun with it 🀩 enjoy the extra smooth skin! And the way you described the smell  I bet it was yummy πŸŠπŸ‹

@CynthieLu  Mmmm...it really smells so good!

Oooh this is a fun conversation.  I love taking the time to use masks, it's soul healing time for me when I make the time for self care and masking is soo relaxing. πŸ₯°

There are so many on here I've never heard of or tried, I'm going to spend some time reading what you guys have tried, love and keep on using! I'm sure I'll see something I'll just need to give a go myself πŸ˜…

I'm currently experimenting with a few masks at home,

The Stem Cell face mask is a pack that came with 30 sheets, but I received a Jumbo one it has 60 ( I received it with my Dermabeam Pro LED face mask) I love that it came in a large pack rather than single use waste but it is tricky getting them out to use, they've all clumped togeather πŸ˜…

My favorite hair mask right now is the Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindβ„’ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL  thou I have it in the trial size.  The Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!β„’ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask is very good but my hair dosent love it as much as the Kiwi Mega Moisture. I also use K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL **ooops not pictured** when I need it, but that's more treatment than mask but it says mask lol

I received the City smart Peel off mask by Elizabeth Arden as a promotion, and i just ran out of my amazing Dr.Jart masks (I love them most of all!) 

My absolute favorite is Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberβ„’ Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubberβ„’ Mask with Soothing Allanto...  **not pictured**

I have 2 test size masks by Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  and Juice Beauty KATE HUDSON loves JUICE BEAUTY Revitalizing Acacia + Rose Powder Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to try at some point

And the 3 glow recipie masks I have right now are fabulous

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL 

Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow AHA Night Treatment 2.02 oz / 60 mL  **2nd bottle**

The LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Grapefruit is so hydrating the little tester I have is almost gone, very awesome product imo

Lol, this is me saying hi and can't wait to read up on this thread!

20220813_090839.jpg

 

Woohoo πŸ™ŒπŸΌ this is quite a list of skin and hair care and love, @CynthieLu! That Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindβ„’ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL is such a stellar mask; it’s my favorite Briogeo 😁

@CynthieLu  Those hair masks are the best!

@CynthieLu hi!!! Lovely assortment of masks 😍

Welcome @CynthieLu! Looks like you got a lot of great masks! Glow Recipe is such a solid brand and those Dr. Jart masks are pretty fun to use! Glad you're enjoying everything!

@CynthieLu 

I love all the Glow Recipe masks.

Mee tooo  @nuinui933

πŸ’“ Thats my second bottle of the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow AHA Night Treatment 2.02 oz / 60 mL

@CynthieLu  Welcome! I haven't tried that particular rubber mask. My experience with them hasn't been that great, so maybe I will need to give that one a try. πŸ™‚

Thank you @PrettyPaint Everyone has such different skin πŸ’š mine defintley loves the k-beauty lines for masks. The one I use mostDr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberβ„’ Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubberβ„’ Mask with Soothing Allanto... helps calm my red and sensitive skin and I find it just really gentle and plumping, great at adding moisture and my skin is for sure on the dryer side of the fence πŸ˜…

@CynthieLu Welcome to the thread, I think you're going to love it here πŸ™‚ Some amazing mask choices that you left there. I've been wanting to try the Dr. Jart masks for what feels like forever but I have yet to pick any up. 

I'm just starting to try out the GLOW Watermelon Clay mask and so far, I like it a lot πŸ™‚ Looking forward to trying more from them in the future.

Thank you @QueenMarceline I think I will, this thread checks so many of my boxes πŸ˜‹ 

That mask the  Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL is sooo gentle for a clay mask, It is really nice. I heard they launched (or are launching soon) a more potent version of thier Watermelon Sleep Mask. I love the original so I'm very curious about this new one.  I'm a fan of GR for sure πŸ˜…

Welcome @CynthieLu! Ahhh, I spy some fun and fabulous masks! πŸ˜ Those Briogeo masks are great - my hair feels so soft and hydrated after using them. I think I have that Juice Beauty x Kate Hudson mask ... somewhere in that mask bin of mine - good reminder that that is another mask I need to try. Love Laneige lip masks; up until recently, I would pick up every flavor that came out, but I put a pause to that practice for a time to work through my other lip masks / lip balms, but I did pick up the new, limited edition LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Mango and have been loving it. 

Agree wtih skin care as self care. I don't always treat my skincare routine that way but it really can provide a lovely, nurturing time-out for ourselves. Grab a cup of tea / coffee or other drink of choice, maybe a light snack, sit back and enjoy reading up on masks ... lots of masks! πŸ˜†πŸ’—

Thank you @itsfi I'm very happy to be here πŸ˜€ I don't often use lip masks but I lucked into a trial size and it is the best! I was using a lip balm by Elizabeth Arden as a lip treatment (when it got wintery and dry) for years and it was good,  BUT  The Laniege lip products blow it completely out of the water, like left it waaay back in the dust. That line is really very hydrating and impressive imo

Letters of the Month: E - I

Uncle Bud's Hemp Seed Oil Collagen Face Mask

IMG-0799.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I received this face mask as a part of a Galentine's Day gift from a dear friend of mine but haven't reached for it because single-use satchel face mask packets aren't really my thing. The consistency is a white-colored thicker lotion that is neither fully opaque nor transparent but instead an in-between. When I opened this I didn't really pick up much of the advertised Japanese cherry blossom scent but instead smell was lightweight and resembled that of a generic face mask. I thought the feel of the mask was quite nice it definitely does not measure up to the comfortability of my Eminence mask but that's not necessarily a fair comparison. Overall, I was happy with the consistency and comfort. Unfortunately, I forget what the suggested/recommended wear time on this mask was but I ended up wearing it until it fully dried down, my total wear time was about 20 minutes. When this mask dries down fully it has a tiny bit of flaking, but compared to some other masks I've tried or owned this is very manageable and nothing too distracting to the point where it negativity interferes with the masking experience. I genuinely feel that the mask feels very nice and light-weight on the skin and was pleasantly surprised since I did not expect much going in. After rinsing it off my face, my skin felt hydrated, nice and soft. I must say that the results were nothing life-changing but I don't have any major qualms with this mask either. I'd say this is a nice filler mask if you're into single use satchels (I am not) but other than that, this is certainly not a "must-have" product either. Overall, I'm glad I got to try out this mask and get it out of my stash which is something I have been working on but I won't be repurchasing. 

Oh no, @QueenMarceline , flaking doesn’t sound especially inviting! Why a nice thought, though, I’m afraid I am guilty of sharing less than stellar masks, too- it happens. I hope you continue on your satchel mask journey though ☺️  

@eshoe Just a bit of flaking, trust me I've had so much worse like some of the LUSH fresh face masks--flake city πŸ€£

@QueenMarceline  This one sounds nice. I've tried the detoxifying version of this mask that was pretty decent as well - not bad for the price πŸ˜‰

12 Replies
testing