Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather Right?! I feel like this happens to me consistently, it's almost like a sick joke at this point. ๐Ÿคฃ I'd repurchase this for the scent alone.

@QueenMarceline well the scent sounds fabulous!!

@lmaster Genuinely so so good. โ˜• โค๏ธ 

@QueenMarceline, sorry to hear the fit was a miss for you. This is one of the masks from TCS that I really like - the overall largeness is nice because the size covers the driest parts of my face and leaves the oiliest parts open, but it does require some adjustments to make it fit well around my eyes. My trusty mask scissors come in handy then. 

@itsfi I'll have to take some scissors to it, that's a great idea. I actually really liked the mask minus the fit, the smell is incredible. Speaking of which: where can I rebuy this? I cannot find it in stock anywhere ๐Ÿ˜ž am I missing it on something obvious like masksheets (dot) com?  lol ๐Ÿคฃ

@QueenMarceline, I think The Creme Shop may be phasing out this line, if it hasnโ€™t already been discontinued, of course, right?!! ๐Ÿ˜†  It seems like it was in heavier circulation around the time the original mask thread started which was 4, maybe 5, years ago. I havenโ€™t seen it on TCS site for some time. The last places Iโ€™ve seen it pop up are Bed, Bath & Beyond; Macyโ€™s; Walgreens / Duane Reede; and TJ Maxx or Marshallโ€™s.

@itsfi Yeah, I purchased mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond. What a shame, this was one of the most unique eye masks I've ever used and other than the fit (which is fixable) I really enjoyed it. Seems like everything I like gets discontinued ๐Ÿคฃ

Yum @QueenMarceline @the scent sounds great! I feel like eye masks are extra hard though when the fit is poor! 

@Kim888 Would've much preferred the experience if it was only for the under eyes instead of a full mask that goes on the top part of the face. Unfortunately discontinued so I'll likely never get my hands on it again. ๐Ÿ˜•

Todays mask is the Caolion Magic Black Powder sheet mask.  Itโ€™s a hydrogel two piece mask with a faintly lavendery floral scent and a pepperminty cooling sensation.  It claims to tighten, firm and hydrate.  Just what I want in life.  
Thรฉ black powder in this mask is chrondrus crispus powder, a red algae high in beta carotene and antioxidants which is also known for its hydrating effects. Niacinamide, colloรฏdal Gold, adenosineโ€ฆ nice ingredient list.  
This mask lasted ten minutes on before drying up and not the 20-30 it said but I DID open it two days ago, so thatโ€™s my fault.  I still got amazing results from it though!  My skin is firmer, hydratedโ€ฆ I guess my pores are tightened?  Doesnโ€™t that come with firmer skin?  
I need to get another one of these and try it fresh:) 

A9C4E699-0139-4DEF-95BC-080A33EFD43F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

03AA4E08-DC4A-48A7-8E81-00A6109F21B4.jpeg

Pssst @tsavorite   I think my eyes are gray;) 

@heartsmyface  I really love two piece masks! So happy you got wonderful results despite opening the package early! 

@heartsmyface great review,  I want to try this one now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ’—

I imagine it did dry out quicker being opened early but I have heard about silicone face masks you put over your sheet or jelly masks to keep them from evaporating but I've never gone down that road tbh

@heartsmyface  Everything I need in a mask. If I buy a case will it fix everything ๐Ÿค”

@heartsmyface I'm all in for this one!!

Oooh that looks interesting @heartsmyface - anything that can tighten immediately, even if itโ€™s temporary, goes on my list ! 

@heartsmyface Wow this looks like a fantastic mask, I tend to really lean in favor towards that bio-cellulose and/or jelly mask texture. 

@heartsmyface , oh that does have a great set of ingredients. And yes, Iโ€™ll take those claims. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thatโ€™s great you got those results with limited wear time. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

It just occurred to me that this is the brand that makes the popular wash offs in the black jars for pore care - I had no idea they also made sheet masks, though I should not be surprised they do. 

@heartsmyface ,

Today!

Like your mask!  ๐Ÿ˜‰  Grey eyes are so rare, you are so lucky! 

Except when you wear green and your eyes are green.  Then you are so lucky, because green eyes are so rare!

Either way, you are so lucky, @heartsmyface !  ๐Ÿ€  Your eyes are the best color!

Iโ€™ve had good sheet masking intentions the past two days.  I opened one two nights ago and itโ€™s still sitting there.  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

^this is me shaming myself into commiting and putting it on my face.  If itโ€™s not dried out. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@heartsmyface Haha, hey! It happens to the best of us ๐Ÿ˜

Birch juice (aka birch sap, birch water, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice) is great for infusing hydration into the skin and since my skin is very much on the dehydrated side, I knew I needed to slot this sheet mask somewhere in this week's masking routine. ๐Ÿ’™
7.28.2022 Birch.jpg

tl;dr: Well, hello there, hydration! The soft, thin sheet of the make p:rem Comfort me. Birch aqua mask makes for a comfortable wear. Those with dehydrated or dry skin will drink up the clear, fresh and clean scented, slightly viscous essence. After half an hour with this mask, skin is left looking and feeling supple, bouncy and hydrated, without tack or stickiness.  

Review:
Spoiler
MASK: make p:rem Comfort me. Birch aqua mask

CLAIM(S): Moisture intensive, cooling

KEY INGREDIENT(S): birch sap from Finland (this is said to make up 89% of all ingredients in this mask)

MATERIAL: Soft, thin, "water-jelly-like" sheet

ADHERENCE: Good

FIT: Good, just a little too long at the chin / jawline

ESSENCE: Clear, slightly viscous liquidy essence

SCENT: Fresh, clean

VISCOSITY: Slight, enough to keep essence from running down my neck

TINGLING / STINGING:  None

TACK / STICKINESS: None

PERFORMANCE & RESULTS (after 30 minutes of wear): I'm reminded of how hydrating birch sap / birch juice is whenever I use a product with that as a main ingredient and here, it comprises a whopping 89% of all ingredients in the mask. There's a lot of essence here, in the mask and extra in the packet. It absorbed quickly and smoothly after removing the mask, leaving my skin looking and feeling refreshed, well hydrated, moisturized and with a lovely bounciness to it.

BEST SUITED FOR:  Those with parched / dehydrated skin.

REPURCHASE?: Oh yes, absolutely! 

COCKTAIL PARTY / WATER COOLER TALKING POINTS: It seems that you can drink birch sap / birch juice. Straight from the tree, apparently. So now my question is, has anyone here ever consumed birch sap? Either fresh from the tree or in another form. FYI: I read that adults should limit consumption of birch sap to 3 or less servings per day, and that people with or with a propensity for liver disease should consult their doctors before consuming because birch sap contains a high level of manganese.
Ingredients List:
Spoiler
from stylevana(dot)comfrom stylevana(dot)com
Themes:
Spoiler

I've not been great with the themes this week, or month actually. In addition to checking off a lot of boxes with its performance and results, this mask can touch upon all the letters of the month and if I take some liberties with the July weekly themes, can get to about 3 of them if we really stretch, which we would be doing here since I'm going back to a couple of themes from earlier in the month as well. ๐Ÿ˜‚

A for vitamin A, amino acids, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant
B for birch or Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice (859,502 ppm), vitamins B1, B2, and B3 (niacinamide)
C for clean, comfort, cooling and vitamin C
D for dreamy for dry or dehydrated skin
E for vitamin E

@heartsmyface's  masks good enough to eat (or drink, maybe?) theme - this is such a hydrating mask, I would drink it just to get the hydration to my dehydrated skin that much more quickly. lol. Seriously though, knowing that birch sap can actually be consumed, if someone has tasted birch juice, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

@missy94612's summer / fall mask routine theme - I typically have a different skincare and mask routine in the summer and fall as my skin type varies a bit between those two seasons but dehydration is a year-round concern for me so this super hydrating sheet mask is one that would easily slot into my mask routine all year round.

Even though it's not the softest or thinnest mask I've ever used, it could probably fit into @PrettyPaint's theme of the
 best fitting mask ... of the week. Or, at least, one of them. I may use another mask this weekend. 

testing