Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I could not agree more!! @missy94612 

@lmaster  The mask and the packaging  are both so pretty! Glad the results turned out great too!

@Shosh85 oh my gosh I was stunned to see this print with gold,, so beautiful and the results were excellent 

@lmaster  Yes for extra hydration!

@ather I'm desperately needing it too 

@lmaster 

That's one of the prettiest masks I've seen. 

Isn't it just a work of art??!! @nuinui933 

@lmaster 

It's so pretty I don't know if I could bring myself to wear it. Awesome that you got really good results from it.

@nuinui933 I didn't even know what the sheet looked like until I opened it ๐Ÿ˜

Such a pretty print on that one! Sounds like it worked out well usage wise too, @lmaster.

@quspork oh it was a treat!! Beautiful art and great results ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wow sounds like a winner @lmaster and that is so pretty! 

@Kim888 the detail is beautiful! 

@lmaster, I think I have this mask! It sounds amazing - Iโ€™m down with extra hydration. ๐Ÿ’ฆ And it just looks beautiful. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi oh it was beautiful!!! Just an added perk to an already fabulous mask

Rewinding to last weekโ€™s summer/fall mask routine (thank you @missy94612!). Keeping the skin exfoliated and soft has been my goal๐ŸŒžโ›ฑ๐Ÿ•ถ

34915E9E-A5CE-4492-87D4-4777BE19DEF1.jpeg

Spoiler

I did a little dance when I found the Biossance Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Mask in a mini size. I had wanted to try this for awhile now, mostly in part due to  raving reviews. Peels and exfoliating masks make me a little nervous, because I never know just how serious the actives will be. Thankfully, this was just about as gentle as it could get. The pale pink creamy mask had tiny granules throughout that provided gentle physical abrasion. As far as chemical exfoliation, I was anticipating some tingling due to the glycolic acid, but it failed to transpire. After leaving it on for about five minutes (recommended time is 3-10), I very carefully rinsed with a Makeup Eraser. My skin felt softened and smooth to the touch, without a trace of redness. It was a winner for me, and this little tube should last awhile with 1x a month use.

58432FB2-D17C-468C-91C1-031B00CDCF76.jpeg

The Kaja Balmy Bento Lip Balm + Scrub Piรฑa Colada is a repeat; I love the gentle pineapple scrub on the bottom. I wish the coconut lip balm had a sweet coconut scent, but that is the only thing I would change about it.

The Skin of Queen Soqu Vitamin C+ Aloe Vera Brightening Mask is an oversized-on-the-sides, cushy, stretchy thin-medium weight sheet that is one of the easier ones I have unfolded. It has a scent that seems to try to lean citrus, but it is too faint and too close to โ€˜cleanโ€™ to stand out. The clear gel serum is lovely, and there is just enough to add extra to my forehead and cheeks before the packet was empty.

I removed the mask after about 25 minutes. My skin felt cool, without any sign of tack. I didnโ€™t notice any brightening, but it was enjoyable to wear and checked the sheet mask off my daily to-do list. This is one I will happily use again.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
4561504D-B84E-4786-8603-69454A2BF9F6.jpeg

@eshoe 

What great goals. What I'd give for soft and smooth, exfoliated skin all the time. My skin has been so dry that I'm somewhat scared to using any exfoliation other than once per week. 

@missy94612 oh no, I promise you I have been there. One thing I changed in my routine that helped and made a notice difference in a couple of weeks was my cleansing routine. I stopped doing my AM cleanse, and went down to one cleanse in the evening instead of two (oil then either a balm, gel, foam, etc.).

Since doing this, I have slowly added exfoliation back into my routine, where I  now feel comfortable doing it a couple of times a week, although they are usually weak. No crazy peels more than once a month! 

Stress could also be a factor, it was for me. Skin just doesnโ€™t seem to like it much, any more than we doโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  The sheet mask sounds nice! I love using aloe masks in the summertime! โ˜€๏ธ

Yes, they are so refreshing, @Shosh85! This one especially, it was such a comfortable fitโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Ooooo I like exfoliation and gentle!! I definitely need to try the Biossance! Great masking sesh! 

testing