Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

A Mask Good Enough to Eat

๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰ Watermelon 

This mask is one I really liked 

Per elf this mask will hydrate and plump the skin using watermelon extract.  Ceramides to build up the moisture barrier of skin some cocoa butter to lock in moisture.

The consistency was thick , but it didnโ€™t need to be layered on really thick to get a benefit  from it. 

The pink color was vibrant but I did not see any sparkle as described on the tube.

My skin didnโ€™t react to it! Yeah!

There was a sweet smell but I didnโ€™t pick up watermelon.  

My face was soft, well hydrated and bright.  My pores even looked smaller.

7A1FC359-A88B-4B70-9FC2-CF817E3F9CD8.jpeg

@Cissy63 I've got tried this one, but I did love the moisturizer from this line

Good to know @lmaster, thanks!!

@Cissy63, so glad to hear your skin did not react negatively to this mask. The ingredients sound good and those results, wow! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Interesting that you didnโ€™t get any sparkle from a mask with โ€œglitterโ€ in its name. ๐Ÿ˜† I wonder if you see sparkle in the product with subsequent use, maybe it just wasnโ€™t in the product that first came out from the tube? Youโ€™ll have to let us know if that is the case. 

@itsfi  I was wondering that myself.  I will keep the community informed if I see any๐Ÿ˜€. Thank you!

PSA: Today (Sunday, July 10) only, all GlamGlow products are 25% off. If folks are interested in trying or restocking on GlamGlow masks, now might be a good time.

GlamGlow 25off.png

One of the specialty grocery stores always has some knick-knacks next to the check out counter - candy, gum, drinks, toys, and individual sheet masks like this one.  All the information is on the back side, with some portions in English, including a part that says it's a "rescue mask for adult skin" which caught my attention. It also says it brightens and tightens. This one has a lot of liquid in it. I didn't feel any tightening but my face felt hydrated and looked brighter, more awake after I used it. I have another one of these masks but it's red instead of green on the packaging and says it's for a deep moisturizing. I'm looking forward to trying it out next.

lululun green mask.PNG

@minathayes ohhhh looks lovely!! 

Oh you have a wonderful find @minathayes !!

@minathayes, sounds like some good results from the mask; I'm interested to know how it compares to the other one you have from the same line. Can you glean from the info on the back what the key or star ingredient(s) is/are for this one?

@itsfi  it's red wine and co-Q10; it is supposed to be for firming and antiaging. Quince is in it too and I haven't seen many masks featuring that.

@minathayes  canโ€™t wait to hear what your thoughts are!!

Good enough to Eat... Or drink ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_20220708_211826988.jpg

• This was a medium thickness sheet, extremely saturated with clear serum
  • I did not notice any scent, which I thought was odd, but no complaints
  • It actually fit really good and adhered well the entire 15 minutes of wear
  • It did not dry out during that time
  • My skin was extremely saturated with the serum and I was left with hydrated, bouncy, plump and moisturized skin
  • I really enjoyed this one!!IMG_20220708_211817057.jpg

โ€ƒ

Wow @lmaster !!  What wonderful results !!

This one absolutely quenched my skins thirst!! @Cissy63 

@lmaster, those are some great results. INCI list looks good too. Have you tried the other masks from the line? 

@itsfi I don't believe I have, I could be wrong though ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha! I hear ya @lmaster! There have been so many sheet masks over the years. I just remember these because there was a variety pack at, or all places, Crate & Barrel. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi I know I received this one in facetory 

@lmaster  Ooooo sounds amazing!!!

@ather it was sooooo hydrating!! Loved it!!

testing