Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Cissy63 but does it smell like banana?

@CookieGirl1  Yes it had a light banana scent๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

@Cissy63 you just sold me ๐ŸŒ.

E is for Easy Dressing 

072A0A23-D515-4F89-AE8E-480771F30C9B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This skinfood easy dressing mask is one of the oddest masks Iโ€™ve ever used. I always love the feelings of gauzy masks so I picked this up without really looking at it, but it turns out the image was quite the hint. Itโ€™s not a traditional mask, but multiple strips of gauze, like a roll of medical gauze basically. The amount given was generous and definitely enough to cover my whole face, not like those fruit patches ones. 

the strips were all well saturated, soft and not scented. They adhered well too. After taking it off my skin felt moderately hydrated, bouncy, and there was no tack at all. 

so I actually ended up liking this and would totally use it again. Basically, if you want to feel like a mummy, this is the mask for you. 

It sounds like this would make a great Halloween week mask, @Kim888 ๐Ÿ˜‚ From the thumbnail it looked like a roll of tp which made me laugh. It has my curiosity for sure! 

@Kim888, hahaha! When I saw the pic of the mask, I wondered if it was like a DIY kit for a mummy costume. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Gauze like material sounds good and the novelty of it definitely makes it worth a try. 

Oh how weird that it's actually like strips, @Kim888! That does sound like it would be interesting to use though. 

@Kim888  Oh cool Iโ€™ve never tried one like this before. Itโ€™s awesome you loved it!

How did it work?  It looks interesting @Kim888!

@Kim888 I was thinking do you wrap it around your head?? Lol sounds great, were you able to be mobile?

@lmaster @You canโ€™t actually wrap it around haha - I was able to like get up for a moment but I donโ€™t think I could have done any chores or anything 

@Kim888 ok, so definitely a laying down type of mask, got it!! Thank you

@Kim888 

This sounds interesting. Haven't seen anything like this before.

Oof, has it really been a whole month? I keep forgetting to post my masking experiences because I've been so busy with work lately but let's round off this June with a post or two from some masks I did earlier in the month.

The Creme Shop Rose Water Infused Face Mask

W is for (Rose) Water 

IMG-0475.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I usually love TCS masks and maybe that's why I always expect a bit "more" from them but this mask unfortunately did not wow me. It's not a bad mask by any means but compared to other TCS masks it seemed less saturated than what I have come to expect from this brand, From what I recall it barely had any scent to it which I don't mind but I also would've loved if it actually smelled like rose water. I did not get to wear this mask as long as I usually wear them due to the low saturation in this one (hey, maybe I got an older batch that's why it was "clearance" at Bed Bath and Beyond but who knows?). It also had "eye flaps" where you can position the mask to sit atop of your (closed) eyes or open the flaps for a more traditional face mask feel. Although this is a nice touch to keep things versatile, I found it a bit annoying at first when trying to put on the face mask. Noticed a nice hydrating effect with it but overall (and unfortunately) I'd call it a bit of a "basic mask". 

@QueenMarceline this last month flew by, didnโ€™t it?! The lack of extra serum and the fact that it was on clearance make me think it might have been near its expiration date. I have noticed with masks like that (or even *gulp* expired ones (I have had a few) arenโ€™t necessarily bad, but they do lack in ample serum. Happy to hear it was at least decent!

@QueenMarceline, sorry to hear this one didn't meet your expectations. At least it wasn't a bad mask; basic masks can come in handy sometimes.

@itsfi Definitely. ๐Ÿ™‚ If I'm going for a basic mask I'd probably choose a couple of my go-tos before I reached for this, unfortunately. Don't think I'll be repurchasing this one.

@QueenMarceline  Darn to bad it didnโ€™t wow you. 

@ather A bummer but I did find a good mask from TCS last month (yet to be posted) so I cannot complain too much. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline  oooo which one??

@ather The witch hazel mask ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll try to post about it later today. 

1 Reply
testing