Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missy94612 

OMG yes! That's spot on - it bubbles the most and fastest that I've seen of those types of masks.

W is for Water the first ingredientIMG_20220612_210126608.jpg

• This was a medium thickness sheet
  • The fit was not the best, this is that kind of mask that doesn't want to lay down 
  • Clear bubbly serum
  • I didn't notice a scent at all
  • Wear time was 15 minutes because it was drying out quickly
  • After removing, there was minimal hydration, that's about it
  • Idk if it's because it was close to expiration, it didn't perform great
  • I wouldn't seek it out, however would use again if it came my wayIMG_20220612_210132234.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster   You are probably right about the exp date.  Likely once it was exposed to air it didnโ€™t take long to dry out.  But it seems that for the limited time you had a benefit from it.

@Cissy63 I did get some extra hydration, so it was not a huge loss

@lmaster  Thatโ€™s a huge letdown ๐Ÿ™

@ather it wasn't a total miss,,, and honestly it's probably more of my fault for not using it sooner ๐Ÿคท

@lmaster @Thatโ€™s disappointing - I hate when they are all dried out 

@Kim888 that's what happens when you have one face and a million sheet masks to work though ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆ

Well this is kind of a disappointment, @lmaster. I think you might be on to something with the expiration date. 

@eshoe I figured, but I still wouldn't seek it out, it's more of the,, it's not you it's me ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster, the illustration on the face of the packet sorta reminded me of a fungus that was in a soup my mom used to make when I was a kid. Turns out not the same varietal but probably closely related. Itโ€™s too bad the results were disappointing for you (the fit didnโ€™t sound great either ๐Ÿ˜ž); mushroom is typically a wonderful ingredient for hydrating the skin, but everyone has different results with different ingredients.

Did you pick up this sheet mask in a set with other mask from the brand? I feel like Iโ€™ve seen this one and similar ones before on my stash! Eek! I should go check โ€ฆ

@itsfi by no means was this a complete dud, I think I may have received it in facetory, actually I'm 80 percent sure ๐Ÿคฃ but could of grabbed it motm at some point. It didn't cause any irritation or burning, so I'm not terribly dissatisfied,,, I honestly think it's so close to expiration, that the actual sheet wasn't as saturated as it should/could of been

Detox - Ranavat Saffron Mask.jpg

Spoiler

I didnโ€™t notice a scent with the RANAVAT Resurfacing Saffron AHA Masque - Radiant Rani 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #but Iโ€™ve read that some have picked up a tea with honey scent that sounds like it would be beautifully soothing.

What I did notice though was how soft and smooth my skin felt after just 2 minutes (instructions recommend 2-5 minutes of wear) with this rust-hued jelly textured mask infused with thin pieces of saffron. ๐Ÿ˜ Whatโ€™s more, I did not experience any dryness or tightness, and there was zero irritation or redness after removing the mask with a washcloth. 

I picked up this mask directly from Ranavat as part of a sample set and am really pleased with the presentation and performance of the products. โ™ฅ๏ธLooking forward to continuing on with my trialing of these beauties.

Ranavat 2.jpeg

@itsfi @Gosh look at the tiny pieces of Saffron in the mask.  Sounds like your face really enjoyed this mask!! Wonderful ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Cissy63, as I get older, I tend to prefer the more gentle (but equally effective) chemical-exfoliant based masks. My skin can be sensitive to begin with and I know my skin barrier can be easily compromised so I make sure to be extra mindful about not over exfoliating or doing too many peels too frequently. There are enough other factors outside of my control that can weaken my skin barrier, it wouldn't be very prudent if I added to it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ The little saffron bits are a lovely addition. ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Ooooo itโ€™s so luxe! Sounds really good too. I love the saffron pieces in it! Beautiful pictures!!

@ather, the saffron pieces add a beautiful touch. ๐Ÿ˜ I love it when brands include those unique details. It can set a product apart, elevate it even more. 

Thank you! Thatโ€™s very kind of you to say. Iโ€™ve been trying to work on photography when I have the chance to. 

@itsfi 

I don't think I've seen a saffron mask before. This was sounds nice. Looks pretty.

@missy94612, this was the first time Iโ€™ve used a mask with saffron in it, or at least that I can remember. It really does some good work in a short amount of time, in the gentlest of ways too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi ooh that sounds nice!

@Samtian, itโ€™s such a nice mask. I like having a gentler option for an AHA based mask. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

testing