cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: A - E

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@ather, I had been on a baking kick, for some reason. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I decided to be faaaahhhnncy with the galettes. πŸ˜† At some point, I might try a berry filling with it or a peach filling. We’ll see. 

I think I’m used to sheet masks being off in terms of fit - too wide, not wide enough, too long, not long enough. It’s usually always something so it’s not a dealbreaker unless it’s really off. There are a few Vitamasques masks from this line I still need to try, but I have liked the one I’ve used.

I'm going to have to try this set!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, I’ve been happy with all the ones I’ve tried from this particular line, but the lychee remains my favorite. I like that most of the β€œflavors” are available at Target. I also saw a set of them, with a new-to-me variety (blackberry) available on Amazon. Completely get that there are other sheet masks in the queue but I’d love to hear your thoughts on them when you get a chance to use them.

@itsfi I'm still waiting a bit to order more masks, I have so many to get through this year, but I will definitely do a review once I order some πŸ˜‰

Your masking always makes me hungry @itsfi - this mask sounds amazing ! I always love cherry as an ingredient 

Lol, a treat for the skin and a treat for the tummy @Kim888. Self-care at its finest. πŸ˜‚

Cherry masks are newer to me; I’ve only tried a couple, and of those few, this one gave me the best results. πŸ’  Is there a cherry mask you would recommend?

@itsfi @I’m not sure I’ve used any cherry specific sheet masks, but I really like the cherry farmacy line! 

Oh yes @Kim888! That’s a great line. The Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL does a nice job of breaking down and removing makeup - and smells amazing! πŸ’ I’m really, really close to finishing up the Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL. It adds a lovely brightness and glow to my complexion. 

@itsfi omg, what's that sweet treat? it must be delicious πŸ˜‹πŸ’

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. It’s my attempt at fruit galette, cherries here. πŸ’ I tried an apple one 🍏 but that didn’t look (or taste) as good, even with some of the sauce spilling over on this one. 

This was for weird mask week.

weird mask.jpg

HE SAID: Is it supposed to tickle? I don't know about this. 

SHE SAID: Interesting. My skin looked cleansed and had that clean, fresh feel. I'm glad we tried it but I'm not sure it'll be something I pick up again.

@missy94612  I am hesitant about the bubble sheet mask.  I feel like I should wash it off.  Associating bubbles with soap and water likely where it’s from. Good to know your face responded to it favorably!

@missy94612  Was it the bubbles that tickled?

@ather 

I think so. It stopped not too longer after it started to bubble.

@missy94612 sounds very very interesting!!

@missy94612 I used to see this brand pop up here quite frequently. Bubbling sheet masks are a little weird, yes! Kate Somerville shared during a Masterclass that oxygen kills bacteria, which made me think of these masks. Perhaps why they are labeled as β€˜purifying?’ There are plenty of wash off bubbling masks that I have found to be more enjoyable (and easier to control!) to use.

@eshoe

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

@missy94612, I’m not generally the biggest fan of bubble sheet masks but there are a couple out there that I like, or don’t mind might be a better way of describing my feelings for them, though if given a choice, my preference would be bubbling wash off masks instead of the sheet mask form. 

@itsfi 

I feel like I've heard you mention that before. A non sheet mask would maybe be something I would try. Or one of those masks that only covers the bottom half of the face that I've seen. If it's away from my eyes, I should be fine.

@missy94612 

I felt the same way your husband did when I first used a bubble mask. The sheet masks ones bubble up a lot less than the Elizavecca one - that was is crazy!

@nuinui933 

I think I've seen videos of the mask you mentioned. When it all bubbles up, people's faces look like The Thing from The Fantastic Four.

11 Replies
testing