Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  The first time I used a sheet mask was from the BCL brand. I'll have to look up this mask; it sounds wonderful.

Disappointed that Facetory is switching to only sending their in house brand. I like their brand but I liked the sub for trying lots of masks. Anyone have a different sheet mask sub they like?

@Kim888 I just cancelled facetory last month, I didn't even know they were switching, I just was getting too many repeats and it wasn't worth it for me anymore,,, bummer

@lmaster @It was an unfortunate discovery when I got this monthโ€™s box - Iโ€™ll still totally use up what they sent - I donโ€™t mind their masks, but it wasnโ€™t what I was expecting !

@Kim888, I'm sorry to hear that. Facetory's website did seem to have more and more of its own products (sheet mask and skincare items) and less and less of other brands. I haven't had a sheet mask subscription box in years and don't have first hand experience with the sub box companies that are currently out there. Cratejoy had an online article that talks about some US-based sheet mask subscription box companies - the post dates back to 2021 - it's titled "The Best Sheet Mask Subscription Boxes from K-Beauty & Beyond". 

Have you considered foregoing sub boxes and just picking up sheet masks on your own? .I know you probably do the latter already, but wondering if that's something you'd entertain as the sole method of filling your sheet mask stash. I feel like you have a good handle on sheet masks and already uncover some nice ones on your own, but I understand that there's a certain appeal and convenience with sub boxes. There are some great online retailers out there that offer a good variety of sheet masks and ship here, many of which have some great masks that may not be readily available in the US. Just a thought.

@itsfi yes good point I had noticed that too about their stock. I did like the convenience but youโ€™re probably right, itโ€™s just easier to pick out my own masks. There are actually 2 stores within reasonable walking distance for me as well so I should probably just start popping in! 

@Kim888, sheet masks within reasonable walking distance? That sounds so fun! ๐Ÿ˜But also a little dangerous; for your wallet that is! Looking forward to hearing about your new finds! ๐Ÿ›

A great big thank you to @eshoe , @itsfi , @heartsmyface , and @lmaster  for your wonderful comments on my reviews of the Snow Fox face mask.  I let my imagination run with the review.  Thanks a bunch๐Ÿ’

You always give very helpful and interesting reviews, @Cissy63 - thank you!

Combining last months letters and this weeks theme for this mask (also an extra bonus category of my own!) ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask

U is for Umbrian Clay

Theme: Detox Dandies

Bonus: Project Pan Mask

IMG-0472.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I've had this mask for quite a while which is why it was part of my project pan since the beginning of the year (when it was quite full), as you can see it's getting empty but I still think it'll have 1-2 more uses in it (at least). I've used this many times before before and right off the bat I admit that I genuinely enjoy this mask, so this will be a positive review and I will be repurchasing once I finish it/go through a few more opened masks from my stash. In my opinion there's something extremely soothing and purifying about this mask. As far as detox masks go, this is top notch. I used to use many other clay/charcoal/mud masks before and although I love their effect they always dry out my skin... however, this clay mask is a lot more gentle on the skin than your typical "mud mask". It does not have an intense drying effect. Shockingly, despite this it's quite magical in the way it works because when you put this on over any kind of zit/blackhead the mask will turn a white-ish color (drawing out the impurity from the zit) right over that exact spot. I have never seen something to this effect where you can actually see the mask working right in front of your eyes. On top of that, this mask is less messy than a typical clay/mud mask and it easily goes on with a thin, even and smooth layer. Not sure what the wear time is on this but I usually just wear it during my spa bath time for about 15-30 minutes depending on how I'm feeling. I truly think this does a great job extracting sebum/oil from the skin and I will miss this mask when I run out of it. The Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask also comes in a larger size, however I prefer this 1oz size because 1) a little goes a long way with this one 2) I prefer the "squeeze pump" style bottle for hygienic purposes/higher control of how much product you take out (which makes it last even longer). I really recommend picking this up for anyone who is oil-prone (summer is coming, eeeek) or who is seeking out a gentle but hardcore detoxifying mask. 

@QueenMarceline 

I like this one as a cleanser.

@nuinui933 Oooh, I haven't used it that way but I might have to give it a go.

@QueenMarceline  This sounds like such a great mask! I may need to pick one up!!

@ather it really is ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline have you ever tried Origins Mini Clear Improvementโ„ข Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pore 1 oz/ 30 mL I'm curious if you would choose the fresh over this one, I've not tried the fresh clay,,, at least if I have it's been years

@lmaster No I have not but I actually think I may have some of that on hand from an ULTA 21 days sale, so if I do I'll have to try it out ๐Ÿ™‚ totally forgot about the Origins mask so this is a great reminder. 

I'd love to know which one you prefer @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster I'll definitely keep you posted on that. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully I actually have it on hand.

I donโ€™t suppose this fits any categories, not exactly weird, but a little unique for its blue-ness perhaps. This is the Lovinah Blue Butterfly mask that came in my Boxwalla subscription box a while back. I thought I had used this before but not sure. It actually had a relatively intense tingle to it. It smells divine, fresh and a little bit like vanilla, but otherwise unique. It is very creamy and smooth and distinctly cooling. Skin felt hydrated, smoother and bright afterwards.

The pup is always intrigued and always sniffing, lol! 

FBD9BDF2-BD4D-4450-9559-3200B6829C21.jpeg 

B9E94674-23D0-47A5-AA5F-266FF9C0C798.jpeg

A950C9E1-8E15-4EEB-AC44-46D57BE35148.jpeg

@sister13  Pups expression is the best!! I love the colour blue it is!!! 

@sister13 how cute!!! Glad you love it, sounds perfect

5 Replies
testing