Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline  I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve tried this one yet! But I definitely need too! I think Iโ€™ve tried the cactus one! 

@ather how are you liking the cactus? ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  I really like it. I believe my husband used one last night and he really enjoyed it also. I like the price point on them especially if they do the 30% off. Iโ€™ve used some cheaper ones before and I found them not as good. I always get the Christmas versions to!

@ather I actually tried the cactus last night. Very nice scent and effect, quite similar to the almond one they used to have. I think lavender (discontinued) is my favorite just based off of the slightly cooling effect it gives off. Hoping they bring those back sometime.

@QueenMarceline  Yay!!! Happy you liked it. Too bad they discontinued the lavender one. I love lavender scents!!! And cooling is an added bonus!

@ather Really unfortunate ๐Ÿ˜• 

@QueenMarceline, a lavender scented moisturizing foot mask sounds relaxing. 

@itsfi quite the bummer that they got discontinued. These were really nice.

@QueenMarceline   I am a lavender fan too.  Your feet benefited from all of the good ingredients.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’œ

@Cissy63 They really did ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline Great to knoe you can multitask with these! This is something I would have normally looked over because I don't like to feel 'stuck' while masking! I hope your feet feel better!

@Mellmars1185 The booties really come in handy, if you have lots of carpet they can be a bit slippy but you can avoid that by putting on some oversized fluffy socks ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline Great tip! Thanks I definitely have some of those ๐Ÿ˜

Sounds so so so relaxing!! @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster I really like this one and I'm a bit bummed its discontinued ๐Ÿ˜•

@QueenMarceline An hour seems good, Iโ€™ve accidentally slept in hydrating foot masks overnight with no issues.  The peeling ones are a bit more dangerous to leave on longer though. 
These sound great!  Iโ€™m curious about the tingling sensation.  

@heartsmyface I'm pretty sure it's just the strong amount of lavender oil (possibly some peppermint oil too). I quite enjoyed it and so did my tired feet, haha ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  I love the feel of peppermint โ€˜teaโ€™ spritzed on my legs in the summer so feel like Iโ€™d enjoy this:) 

@QueenMarceline 

I love a strong lavender scent. ๐Ÿ’œ

@missy94612 Haha, honestly... same. 

This one works for both @keana1's fruit theme from last week and this week's band name theme from @PrettyPaint - anyone up for listening to a set from The Electrolytes๐Ÿ˜‰  I can also get in a V for Vitamasques, vitamins A & C, and vegan-friendly, along with a U for UK - the company is based in the United Kingdom; their masks are made in South Korea.

V + Fruits - Watermelon.jpg

tl;dr: soft, thin-leaning cotton sheet carrying an ideal amount of a clear, cooling, viscous and faintly scented essence that leaves skin feeling and looking hydrated and bouncy, with a fresh-faced, dewy glow after half an hour of wear. A great mask for all skin types; best suited for normal, oily or combo skin types year-round, and for those with more dry skin in the warmer months

Spoiler
I discovered this brand over a year ago and have been using them ever since; it's been great to see other BIC'ers using Vitamasques sheet masks and loving them as well. Their lychee mask was my intro to the brand and has been a favorite so I was really excited to give this Vitamasques Electrolyte Watermelon Hydrate Mask a go when I was gifted it. 

Material + Essence

The soft, thin-leaning cotton sheet is full of (without feeling saturated or drenched in) a clear, watery, viscous essence that has just the slightest hint of a watermelon scent - it's very subtle, but smells more like real watermelon than the watermelon Jolly Rancher we commonly get in watermelon skincare product - both good, just different.  I pick up what I associate with the flesh and rind of a watermelon, but as I said, it is faint, very faint, and may be tempered by the scent from the mix of floral and herbal cica extracts in the mask; or, then again, it could be the added fragrance at the end of the INCI list. 

Adherence + Fit:

Adherence was good and the mask only required minimal adjustments to give me a fit tailored to my face size, shape and features - as with most sheet masks, I needed to take off about an inch at the chin and jawline. The openings for the eye holes were nice but a few snips at both corners helped the material to lie flat against my skin, making for a more comfortable wear in those areas. 

Performance + Results

The amount of essence in this mask was ideal for me this time of the year when my skin leans more combination and in need more of hydration than moisturization from a mask. There was not so much essence that it was runny everywhere or sitting atop my skin after removing the sheet, and not so little that I have to search for more essence in the packet, and it was evenly distributed so I didn't have to reallocate essence from one part of the sheet to another. This coupled with the softness of the sheet and the cooling feeling made for a lovely, comfortable, and refreshing 30 minutes of wear and left my skin feeling and looking hydrated and bouncy, with a fresh-faced, dewy glow

This is a great mask for all skin types; best suited for normal, oily or combo skin types year-round, and for those with more dry skin in the warmer months. It is one I'd consider a filler-plus mask, great for everyday use and nice for those days when your skin may need an extra boost of hydration. An all-around useful mask that really came in handy when I was out of town. Thank you @PrettyPaint  - it worked so well that I dropped into the closest Target I could find to pick up another one to use when I get home. 

Ingredients List: (from Vitamasques US site)

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carbomer, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract (100 ppm), Sodium PCA, Maltodextrin, Calcium Pantothenate, Xanthan Gum, Urea, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Lactate, Papain, BHT, Potassium Lactate, Serine, Alanine, Proline, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance)

1 Reply
testing