Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe 

Very true. We have a set of those mommy and me and daddy and me masks. That's awesome to hear that your daughter liked the masks. 

@missy94612 they do make for a silly masking sesh

Ok here is a mask for the letter โ€œSโ€ and the theme- a band name.  Let me introduce you to the Snow Fox.  This band โ€œplayed the themeโ€. to an upcoming โ€œMarvel Universe โ€œ movie- Snow Foxes United!!  

My imagination runs ๐Ÿ˜œ 

This mask was indeed cooling.  And it stayed so for the full 20 minutes.  The peppermint oil was great.  And my skin was soft , smooth and refreshed after use.  

There was plenty of serum in the pack.  And the sheet was large enough to fit well.  I did make a slit in each eye area but that is a given. 

By the time 20 minutes was up most of the serum was absorbed into my face.  

There was no irritation on my skin.  

This came in a pk of 5.  This will feel good after a beach day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

522B3042-6BAE-47D2-BBBA-BA684C92B79F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63  as I was reading the cooling I was thinking what you said perfect for after a day in the sun!!! 

@Cissy63let your imagination run, itโ€™s fantastic! I love the tie-in to โ€œS,โ€ too.

@Cissy63 love your creativity!!! This mask really sounds lovely

@Cissy63 I love the fox design on the packaging. 

@Cissy63, I've tried a couple of masks from this brand, with good results. Love the "Snow Fox" band name.

A bit of a stretch but V is for Vegetable Protein;) which is one of the ingredients in the JM Solution Water Luminous S.O.S Ringer Mask.  
This is a super-soaked-in-slimy-serum cellulose mask.  It conforms beautifully and fits my face near perfectly.  A little snip near the nose could make it absolutely perfect;) 

This mask toutes panthenol, allantoin, hyaluronic acid, raspberry ketone, Niacinamideโ€ฆ lots of good hydrating soothing and barrier protecting goodies!  Great for post face peels!  
This is a repeat mask for me and I will continue to purchase it cause it leaves my skin feeling plump and primed for makeup.  

871F0AFE-F4D7-49F9-B669-3B617A4EDB2A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  sounds like a perfect mask!

@heartsmyface. the mask looks like it just melts into your skin, especially the bottom half. ๐Ÿ˜ JM Solution has quickly become one of my favorite sheet mask brands. I've seen this one in an AB store and in the past have passed on it, thinking (clearly erroneously) that it was mainly just a hyaluronic acid mask. Well, I'd be wrong then - those are some really great ingredients and yes, it sounds like it would be wonderful post-peel. Making a note of that.

@itsfi I can see how that could be assumed with the water image on the package.  I honestly didnโ€™t know what was in it either til I was trying to force it to fit the theme.๐Ÿ˜„. Theyโ€™re one of my favorite easy-to-access brands as well. Itโ€™s a guaranteed good masking session whenever I pull a JM solution mask. :). 

@heartsmyface love it when a mask actually fits well!

@CookieGirl1  It fit well AND stayed soaked right til the end.  A very juicy mask:) 

@heartsmyface   This has great hydration ingredients!!

@Cissy63   The ingredient list was awesome!  My skin was very happy! 

@heartsmyface Hope you had a nice self care Sunday!

@Mellmars1185  Aw thank you!!  It was a sure thing with the JM solution mask. 

@heartsmyface looks so very hydrating too! 

@lmaster  Very much so.  I had a very wet face for nearly ten minutes after taking it off.  Very juicy and hydrating:) 

Sephora Lavender Foot Mask

IMG-0340.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I'm no stranger to Sephora foot masks but this is my first time trying out the Lavender version. I've been on my feet quite a lot (it's busy season at work right now) and my feet really needed the extra TLC. These are the classic Sephora foot mask booties, which I great enjoy. They have a fixed closure that allows you to walk around the house with them which is a huge bonus, they truly turn into "little booties/socks". The lavender smell is quite strong out of the packaging which I personally do not mind but this is a very straightforward, classic, lavender-oil-based scent. Oddly enough, when I put these on they felt a bit "tingly" on my feet (in a good way). As I said, my feet have been needing the extra TLC so the tingling sensation was quite appreciated after a long, long day on my feet. Not sure what the wear time on these is exactly, but I wore these for about an hour which is definitely stretching it a bit. However, I really liked the feel of these and always appreciate the bootie fixture they provide which helps me just "go do my thing" around the house-super convenient! Overall after taking these off, my feel still felt very saturated with serum and definitely provided a great moisturizing effect. In comparison to other Sephora mask, I think I really enjoy this one due to the extra "tingling" effect and the refreshing aspect of them. I think these are amazing for tired feet. I love my other masks but if these aren't discontinued, I'd like to pick up a couple extra pairs. 
20 Replies
testing