Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather  Oh wow, I thought I had tried most of this line, but I can't remember a honey one. I do love honey. ๐Ÿ˜

@PrettyPaint  It was very lovely!!

@ather oh my goodness, I don't think I've tried this one

@lmaster  itโ€™s so good. I think you would enjoy it!!

@ather, ahhh, it's so nice to get in some time gardening, and great to have a good moisturizing sheet mask on hand for use after a day or two in the sun. I can't remember if I've used the honey version from this line; I know I've used (and liked) the snail variety. I love honey as a skincare ingredient - it's hydrating, moisturizing and soothing. Great to hear it made your skin feel better. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

@itsfi  Much better. Today is a holiday here so we are heading to the lake for a picnic. I need to paint a few tables outside and probably head to the garden again today. I think Iโ€™ll be getting a bit more sun today!! I am pretty sure I have the watermelon sephora collection mask I will probably need to use tonight ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather, you read my mind - that SC after sun watermelon mask is perfect for use after a fun-in-the-sun day! Enjoy the holiday! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Victoria Day, is it? 

@itsfi  I agree!!! Yes Victoria Day! You are so smart! Is Memorial Day next weekend for you? Any plans?

@ather, I was in Vancouver a few years ago and took a trip to Victoria Island and I learned about Queen Victoria and Victoria Day while there. I have / will have some work travel but will be home this Memorial Day weekend. I have some friends coming into town too, but it'll mainly be a low key weekend, with my main plan to just enjoy being home, try to catch up on some rest ๐Ÿ˜ด and maybe get to some things around the house that need to be done. 

@itsfi  That does sound like a perfect long weekend! 

Saw @lmaster use this one a few weeks back and sorted through our masks to find it. This one works for the fruits theme. 

strawbrry waffle.jpg

HE SAID:  Goopy but good and smells really good. We're having strawberry waffles, right?

SHE SAID: Now I get what all the high praise from the BIC maskers was all about. It's just heavenly hydration for dry skin.

This session was a hit with both my husband and daughter because we took a cue from @itsfi and had strawberry waffles.

@missy94612  Sounds really good!!

@missy94612 I want to get my hands on these so badly, for my birthday month I will have to treat myself.

@missy94612  Oh yum. Now I'm hungry for waffles. I don't think I've tried this mask, but it looks like a good one.

@missy94612 oh that's awesome!!!! I definitely think masking can give those subliminal message vibes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@missy94612, the waffle masks are good ones. Makes for a great reason to have waffles too! ๐Ÿ˜†

Sounds like a winner, @missy94612 ๐Ÿ˜‰.

@missy94612  Love it!!!

I have been battling super dry red skin so I reached for this tonight! It was a little large but not to large drenched in essence and left my skin feeling amazing. 

E7CF841E-BDFC-4DCC-B624-51D13A4251F2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Dry red skin feels bad sorry to hear youโ€™re feeling that way @ather    Glad to hear this helped!

@Cissy63  Thanks! Season changes can be rough in me. 

1 Reply
testing