Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Sounds like a winner, @missy94612 ๐Ÿ˜‰.

@missy94612  Love it!!!

I have been battling super dry red skin so I reached for this tonight! It was a little large but not to large drenched in essence and left my skin feeling amazing. 

E7CF841E-BDFC-4DCC-B624-51D13A4251F2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Dry red skin feels bad sorry to hear youโ€™re feeling that way @ather    Glad to hear this helped!

@Cissy63  Thanks! Season changes can be rough in me. 

@ather ohhhh pomegranate!!! 

@ather, innisfree is one of those nostalgic brands for me - they bring back memories of when I started getting into sheet masks. I haven't tried this pomegranate version but like a few other varieties in this series.

Sorry to hear your skin is being pesky; I feel like it can sometimes be a bit of a roller coaster ride with my skin. Hoping the redness and dryness goes away soon.

@itsfi  Awww itโ€™s funny this brand brings back good memories! I enjoy this brand a lot. I also have a rollercoaster ride with my skin. Mostly with the changing seasons tho! 

@ather, seasonal changes definitely can wreak havoc on my skin, with the change from cooler to warmer being harder on my skin than the other way around. Here's hoping ๐Ÿคž I've learned my lessons in the past and my new approach to the transitional periods work out well. 

@ather  Ah, sorry to hear your skin has been feeling uncomfortable.  Innisfree is a good brand thatโ€™s never really let me down so good choice for a healing mask.  

@heartsmyface  Thanks! I really like this brand also!! Iโ€™ll definitely pick up more of these!

This is from last week.  I lacked a chemical peel right now, so I used a mask that has to be โ€œpeeledโ€ off.   

Itโ€™s from Aceology.  Itโ€™s an Australian company that has its masks made in S. Korea.

It is a golden thick mask that is best spread on to a thin consistency.  It dries quicker and peels off easier when applied that way.

This is described by this company to be a mask that will โ€œpolish away dead skin cells for an instant lifting and luminous effect โ€œ โ€œโ€ฆreduces inflammation and protect skin whilst peptides boost elasticity โ€œ

I have used some of this before so I knew most likely it will not bother my skin.  
The act of peeling it off probably removed dead skin cells.  My face felt soft.  But I didnโ€™t see any luminous look nor any lifting.  

I donโ€™t plan on repurchasing again.

ACA994F3-9878-4B42-91E0-F8C2F4EDD14D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 sorry you didn't see any lifting or brightening ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

I know @lmaster.  But Iโ€™ll try it later on.  I hate to throw it away with so much product still to use ๐Ÿ™

@Cissy63, sorry this one won't be a repurchase for you. I have a couple of sheet masks from this brand that I haven't gotten around to; this is a good reminder.

Thanks @itsfi .  Let us know how they turn out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63  Good point on the peeling. I have SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks Grapefruit Peeling  and expected it to peel but totally doesnโ€™t. Itโ€™s a wash off lol. 

Wishful Mini Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

• I received this in a Sephora pop box, I believe
  • Has a lovely fruity scent
  • Very gentle exfoliating beads
  • Massage into skin, gently, wash off after
  • I'm not typically a physical exfoliation type of gal, however this one continues to impress me
  • After using, my skin feels incredibly soft and smooth and hydrated!! That's a definite repurchase for me
  • I would absolutely recommend trying a mini size of this to anyone looking for a new physical exfoliator

@lmaster   Ouhhh I tried a sample of this and itโ€™s really good!   Iโ€™m glad your liking it!  

@heartsmyface its so fabulous!!

@lmaster  Oh yes I think I had this in foils and enjoyed it!glad you liked it!

testing