cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: 🌈 Rainbow Masks courtesy of @sonnydee - share the colorful masks you have tried this week🌈

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

I have been battling super dry red skin so I reached for this tonight! It was a little large but not to large drenched in essence and left my skin feeling amazing. 

E7CF841E-BDFC-4DCC-B624-51D13A4251F2.jpeg

 

Dry red skin feels bad sorry to hear you’re feeling that way @ather    Glad to hear this helped!

@Cissy63  Thanks! Season changes can be rough in me. 

@ather ohhhh pomegranate!!! 

@ather, innisfree is one of those nostalgic brands for me - they bring back memories of when I started getting into sheet masks. I haven't tried this pomegranate version but like a few other varieties in this series.

Sorry to hear your skin is being pesky; I feel like it can sometimes be a bit of a roller coaster ride with my skin. Hoping the redness and dryness goes away soon.

@itsfi  Awww it’s funny this brand brings back good memories! I enjoy this brand a lot. I also have a rollercoaster ride with my skin. Mostly with the changing seasons tho! 

@ather, seasonal changes definitely can wreak havoc on my skin, with the change from cooler to warmer being harder on my skin than the other way around. Here's hoping πŸ€ž I've learned my lessons in the past and my new approach to the transitional periods work out well. 

@ather  Ah, sorry to hear your skin has been feeling uncomfortable.  Innisfree is a good brand that’s never really let me down so good choice for a healing mask.  

@heartsmyface  Thanks! I really like this brand also!! I’ll definitely pick up more of these!

This is from last week.  I lacked a chemical peel right now, so I used a mask that has to be β€œpeeled” off.   

It’s from Aceology.  It’s an Australian company that has its masks made in S. Korea.

It is a golden thick mask that is best spread on to a thin consistency.  It dries quicker and peels off easier when applied that way.

This is described by this company to be a mask that will β€œpolish away dead skin cells for an instant lifting and luminous effect β€œ β€œβ€¦reduces inflammation and protect skin whilst peptides boost elasticity β€œ

I have used some of this before so I knew most likely it will not bother my skin.  
The act of peeling it off probably removed dead skin cells.  My face felt soft.  But I didn’t see any luminous look nor any lifting.  

I don’t plan on repurchasing again.

ACA994F3-9878-4B42-91E0-F8C2F4EDD14D.jpeg

 

@Cissy63 sorry you didn't see any lifting or brightening 😟

I know @lmaster.  But I’ll try it later on.  I hate to throw it away with so much product still to use πŸ™

@Cissy63, sorry this one won't be a repurchase for you. I have a couple of sheet masks from this brand that I haven't gotten around to; this is a good reminder.

Thanks @itsfi .  Let us know how they turn out πŸ˜ƒ

@Cissy63  Good point on the peeling. I have SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks Grapefruit Peeling  and expected it to peel but totally doesn’t. It’s a wash off lol. 

Wishful Mini Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

• I received this in a Sephora pop box, I believe
  • Has a lovely fruity scent
  • Very gentle exfoliating beads
  • Massage into skin, gently, wash off after
  • I'm not typically a physical exfoliation type of gal, however this one continues to impress me
  • After using, my skin feels incredibly soft and smooth and hydrated!! That's a definite repurchase for me
  • I would absolutely recommend trying a mini size of this to anyone looking for a new physical exfoliator

@lmaster   Ouhhh I tried a sample of this and it’s really good!   I’m glad your liking it!  

@heartsmyface its so fabulous!!

@lmaster  Oh yes I think I had this in foils and enjoyed it!glad you liked it!

@ather I love it!! It's a wonderful product! Hits every skincare need!

I couldn’t agree more about the product @lmaster.  I found that I really liked the sample I used on my face.  It’s really good πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

5 Replies
testing