Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather Good thing this is the only one of those I have on hand, haha.

@QueenMarceline yeah the scent alone would be a deal breaker ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster It was, I'm surprised I even went with it. I think it's due to my total exhaustion (and lack of care) from working so much these past few weeks haha

@QueenMarceline  Eee nail polish remover๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I wonder if it had gone off or somethingโ€ฆ

with thicker cotton masks I find I have to do a lot more snips to make them conform, but Iโ€™m not sure it would be worth the effort with an acetone fragrance. 

@heartsmyface Haha, it was mild/faint. I don't think it was off maybe my sense of smell is just off haha but I got a couple whiffs in the beginning of nail polish remover for sure. 

@QueenMarceline great review but I'm sorry that the mask itself wasn't the greatest.

@CookieGirl1 Haha, it is quite a bummer. But hey, not every one can be a big winner.

R for rewind, as in rewinding back to last month's masks that make you hungry theme. ๐Ÿ˜‹  

Hungry - milkshake.jpg

Spoiler
Mask: Cookies โ€˜N Dreams Milkshake Overnight Mask

Claim(s): Moisturizing

Key / Noteworthy Ingredient(s): Shea butter (moisturizing); hyaluronic acid (hydrating); and jojoba beads (gently exfoliating and moisturizing)

Consistency: Rich, creamy, has a whipped like consistency

Color:White with black specks bit scattered throughout that dissolve when cream is massaged into skin

Scent: Like an Oreo. ๐Ÿ˜ Ohhhh, this smells soooo good!

Wear Time: Overnight, but it can also be used as a wash off / tissue off. For latter, instructions suggest 10-15 minutes.

Ease of Removal: Easy to tissue or rinse off with wash cloth.

Performance and Results: This feels soft, light, and soothing on the skin, smells amazing, and absorbs smoothly. Skin feels soft, smooth, and moisturized. ๐Ÿ’™

Best Suited For: Dry, combination or normal; oily or oilier skin types may find this useful in the cooler winter months. And those that like cookie, and specifically, Oreo-scented skincare products will find this to be a low-caloric treat. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Repurchase?: The collection of which it is a part is limited edition. I wonโ€™t be able to work my way through this tube anytime soon and it probably isnโ€™t a great idea to pick up a backup since I have some other rinse off / sleeping masks to work my way through. That said, if I were allowing myself to pick up more sleeping masks, I would consider repurchasing this one.

P.S. The cookies-and-cream milkshake, while it could be thicker for my liking (something Iโ€™ll have to work on the next time I make a milkshake), was tasty ๐Ÿ˜‹ and had that signature Oreo milkshake scent. I would make it again. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi 

I don't know which one I want to try more, the milkshake or the mask. lol. I'm a sucker for anything cookies and cream.

@nuinui933, thatโ€™s completely understandable. Both were great, for different reasons of course. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Yum! To both! Iโ€™ll take a milkshake also ๐Ÿคฃ I just love everything about the mask so awesome in every way possible! To bad you have too many masks so your not able to get a back up!! 

@ather, I only have a couple of e.l.f. skincare products but they're good, including this one. It really doesn't hurt at all that it smells like cookies and cream. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It's alright - it'll take me awhile to get through this tube and I do want to be better about keeping to only a few products.

Oh wow @itsfi.  This sounds really good.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63, it was. This one did not disappoint. I reached for the lip exfoliator from the same line and it's pretty good too

@itsfi o m g this looks amazing!!!! Yes to incorporate yummy treats into skincare ๐Ÿ˜…

@lmaster, thank you!! ๐Ÿค— You know, I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed to admit this (probably the former - ha!) but I often think that my mask purchases are more influenced by wanting to pair the mask with yummy treats than the potential results from the mask itself. Hahaha! I mean, if this Cookies 'n Cream mask was a downer, I'd still be perfectly happy that I used it because it meant I got to have this milkshake. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ There's only an upside to this masking session and here, it's 2 thumbs up - one for the mask and another for the milkshake. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Win-win! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  ELF continuously comes out with pretty great products so no surprise this was a winner!  It sounds so pleasant.  Also, pssst -did you taste it? ๐Ÿ˜†

@heartsmyface, I completely forgot to do a taste test when I used this mask. *hangs head in shame.* ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Edited to add: I back home now and one of the first things I did was to do a taste test. hahaha! And, O. M. G. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I did pick up the taste of the cookie part of an Oreo and a slight bit of the cream filling, though I have to say that with the latter, I might have been confusing tasting the cream filling with just my picking up the scent of the cream filling of an Oreo. Either way, it was a pleasant surprise. One that is making me reconsider my not needing a backup of this mask. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿค” This does, however, cement in my mind that I need to put the lip exfoliator from this Cookies 'n Cream collection to the test sooner rather than later. Ha! 

Nom nom @itsfi - that sounds amazing! I love how cookies and cream smells !! Doesnโ€™t fenty have a product like this as well - I wonder how they compare! 

@Kim888, agree - something about the smell of cookies 'n cream just makes me smile. So interesting that you mentioned Fenty. I initially thought about doing a comparison of that mask to this elf mask but then realized that the Fenty Skin Cookies N Clean Whipped Clay Pore Detox Face Mask with Salicylic Acid + Charcoal 2.5 oz/ ... contains a chemical exfoliant (BHA) and is meant for detoxing / purifying, while the elf is a hydrating mask and doesn't contain a chemical exfoliant, so they probably would not be the best for a comparison. That being said, it seems like they might make a delicious (or deliciously scented) cookies n cream mask pairing - with the Fenty first to detox followed by the elf for some hydration. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค”  I'll probably hold off on picking up a full size of the Fenty (I have a few open jars with a handful waiting to be opened and used), but if I'm near a store and remember to do so, I might see if I can pick up a sample of the Fenty mask.  

@itsfi it's so hot here, that I would love to drink that cold milkshake asap ๐Ÿคค๐ŸงŠ sipping my hot tea now (yes, I drink hot teas even in spring/summer....because otherwise, I can't digest them well) ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
testing