Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

So.... It's the last period before year end at work, I'm covering two jobs and starting to feel the madness.  I've fallen behind on my mask posting as a result!  So mini reviews it is! lol

IMG_2104.jpg

Spoiler
-Kokostar Strawberry and Pineapple Slice Masks -- The strawberry one does have a nice fake strawberry scent.  I feel like both of these leave a bit of a film on my skin and while fun for a selfie, I think I'd rather just do a full mask as they didn't seem to have enough umph to be a spot treatment for extra dry patches.  I say I wouldn't purchase again, but show me a stupid cute pattern and I don't doubt my inability to say no.
-TCFS Pumpkin 24k Gold - This was the only mask I could see in my 2020 group that had a metal in it.  I've had some not so great experiences with Gold in my skincare before.  Nothing crazy, but my skin wasn't happy.  The one was so nice.  The mask had a lovely bio cell feel to it and wore nicely for about 20 minutes.  I'd totally do this one again.  And I may have one more left.  I should have done this long ago.  I'd buy more if I happened upon them.
-TCFS Egg Cream Mask - This is a favourite for me.  I find the mask fabric to be what I'd call microfibre/cotton cross that hugs the face so well. The serum is a lovely cream that really does hydrate and moisturize for me.  I wore this mask for a half hour and my face felt great afterwards.  I have a few more of these and I'm happy to use them. Would recommend and will buy again.
-Rael Beauty Vita Bright - The fabric on this felt like a really nice cotton.  Knowing that the company has many other organic cotton products it makes sense that the mask material would be so nice.  The serum here was meant to help with radiance.  I'm not sure it did anything that any other sheet mask does for this, but my skin did look better after using, more awake.  I have more from the brand and I'd try new ones, but probably wouldn't run out to buy from the current range that I've already tried.
- Upper Canada Soap Co - Goat Milk - This mask had a scent to it that brought back a super specific memory.  When I was a little kid I remember traveling in the states and the washrooms at Cracker Barrel restaurants would have a goat milk hand lotion in the washrooms.  This is what this mask smells like.  I've had goat milk to drink before and don't recall it having this scent.  I'm not particularly having any other feelings about this mask. It was forgettable in all ways other than that soapy/lotion/goat milk scent.  Likely wouldn't re-purchase. 

IMG_2105.jpg

Spoiler
-Neogen Milk Cream- This mask had a scent that reminded me of changing a little ones diaper.  Is it diaper cream, baby powder or just baby scent?  I'm not sure exactly, but it wasn't overly strong and I didn't notice it once the mask was on.  The mask stayed on for a good half hour and my face did feel nourished afterwards.  Would recommend and would pick up again if I came across.  
-Pucca Blue Pearl Aqua Renewal Mask - Guys... I bought this for the packaging.  It wasn't a bad mask, but nothing to write home about.  It did have a bit of a scent to it that had me trying to guess what it reminded me of, but again, it dissipated pretty quick and my skin felt nice afterwards, more awake.  Would I buy this one again? No.  Would I buy from the line again if I saw cute packaging? Likely.
-Upper Canada Calming Warm Honey Nectar Mask - I was kinda hoping this one would be warming like the Farmacy Honey Mask.  'Twas not.  The honey scent was very much a perfumed version of honey which was disappointing for me.  A true honey doesn't need perfume imho.  The results were forgettable.  I 100% can not remember anything else other than I was disappointed by the scent and lack of warmth.
- Celebeau Black Rose - I'm not a fan of floral or rose scents.  This mask has a floral/rose scent.  So while it wasn't for me, I can appreciate that others may enjoy it.  This mask was a black fabric that felt very microfibre ash.  Hugged my face nicely and did hydrate well.  I'd avoid it in the future just for the scent alone, but I'm sure it could be a selling point for others.
-Tony Moly I'm Real Peach mask- General sheet mask scent that was a bit stronger than others, not off-putting, but not the peachy scent I'd have liked.  I remember first trying these masks and thought they were nice.  Now the fabric of the mask is too 'paper like' and doesn't hug the contours of my face nicely like so many other fabrics do.  My skin did feel nice afterwards, so the serum was good, but I couldn't keep the mask on for more than 15 minutes as it kept trying to straighten out.  Meh.  Turn off of the line when it feels as though I'm putting a piece of velum on my face.
-Holika Holika Aloe Mask- I think this mask would be best if you had a bit too much time in the sun/wind/cold.  It did have an aloe scent to it and felt nice.  I've used some of their other aloe product line and felt that they all were good, but likely best for mid summer heat, not for when I need a dose of moisture and hydration. I would recommend going forward, perhaps as a more situational mask or one to go into a 'mask emergency kit'.
- Celderma Royal Diamond Hydrogel - This was a great hydrogel!  Two piece and much thinner than I've used in the past.  It was still delicate, but it had a bit of a mesh encased in the hydrogel that was a good support for the delicate material.  This was pulled for it's 'diamond powder' as an alternative to a metal.  Figure what's better than gold.. diamonds!  And... the mask material had a sheen/sparkle to it.  Was it diamond powder? Who knows, but it was pretty! Very light sheet mask scent to this and my skin looked to be a bit brighter and more awake after use.  My only wish was about another half inch on the forehead. I'd use these again.
Spoiler
IMG_2070.jpg

Celderma Marine Collagen Hydrogel Mask - Like the other from Celderma this was a two piece hydrogel mask and it was on the thinner side making it easy to stay on.  This one was meant to be moisturizing and nourishing and I'd say it was minimally so.  It was nice, comfortable and pleasant to wear, but no big feels on it being very moisturizing for dry skin.  Would I try more from the brand? Yes, would I seek this one out to help with dry skin... meh.
- Betterskin Detoxing Sheet mask- This was a bio cellulose mask, which I enjoy for the close and comfortable fit.  Was it detoxing? Not sure, but my skin was a bit red after wearing this for a half hour.  It did go away after about 10 minutes and I couldn't feel anything bad, but it could be a bit much for some if it's turning my skin that red.  

Love your mini reviews, @missjeanie! The Celderma Diamond mask sounds lovely. 

@quspork The Celderma was actually way nicer than I thought it would be.  I'm impressed with how well the hydrogel held together and held on to my face!

@missjeanie I didn't know they had a strawberry version of the slices!! 

Yes @lmaster I think I've had cucumber, rose, strawberry and pineapple over the last few years.  I'm 100% sure that I have noted no difference other than fun shape and scent lol.  The strawberry scent being the best in my opinion lol

@missjeanie I agree!! I bet the strawberry version would be the best

Better mini than none, @missjeanie! Back to two jobs again, yikes๐Ÿ˜ณ There are some recognizable masks here, how fun. I hope your skin is appreciating all the extra love right now๐Ÿ’•

@eshoe I find doing at least mini reviews keeps me accountable to actually masking. We're having a tough time staffing a position so I end up acting in that role every so often, office politics of hiring and staffing... but at least I enjoy the work!  I'm trying to keep up with doing a wash off in the morning before my first meeting, and then a sheet mask at night, I had a few slack days in Feb where I wasn't keeping up... and my skin very much told me so!  In the cold weather/indoor heat, I swear one or two days off makes such a difference! 

I admire your commitment to masking, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜ I have still be masking daily, but posting has become increasingly challenging. Kudos to you for hanging in there! Also, WOW to AM wash-off masks, that is amazing!!! 

Posting is the hard part some days @eshoe I 100% get that!  As much as I love scrolling through and reading... well life just happens right.  

It does, @missjeanie, it does!

@missjeanie Oooh ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the too cool for school 24K mask and did a review on it not too long ago. Now I really want to try the egg cream one! Looks like an amazing round of masks there.

@QueenMarceline The egg cream in the yellow version is one of my favourites, I quite liked the biocellulose of the 24K pumpkin, but I think the Egg Cream is still a bit above it in my preference. 

@missjeanie, Iโ€™m like a kid in a candy store looking at all the fun variety in your masks! Iโ€™ve wondered about Celderma as a brand and hearing your take on these two masks was helpful. The diamond hydrogel sounds (and looks) lovely. Iโ€™ve only used one Pucca sheet mask - it was fine but yes, the packaging made me do it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi I've never seen a mesh insert in the hydrogel before this one.  It certainly didn't feel like a normal hydrogel to me.  I'm curious to try more from the brand now. 

@missjeanie, if youโ€™re curious then I am too! Will be keeping my eyes open ๐Ÿ‘€ for more of your thoughts on this brand. Hydrogels are not ones I reach for often or first as far as sheet mask material but I feel like it would be good to narrow down a couple within that material type as go toโ€™s. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi They aren't typically my favourite mask type either.  I prefer bio cellulose or micro fibre, but I'm torn on if I was a fan here because of the way it was executed or the novelty factor of something different.  I have a couple more of these to do this month, and am hoping to decide with those extra uses. 

@missjeanie, staying tuned to hear your thoughts. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ For some reason I canโ€™t fully explain, I feel like itโ€™s important to find a couple of hydrogels that I like (to say โ€œloveโ€ would be a stretch) and then I can check that box and move on to sheet mask material I like better. ๐Ÿ˜† 

๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ Hello Dryness, my old friend ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ  

I - Illyoon (targeted masking_.jpg

Illiyoon is one of the many brands in the AmorePacific portfolio. This particular brand is targeted ๐ŸŽฏ at those with sensitive and dry skin, and this specific line of products is known to be gentle and moisturizing. Great masking theme @PrettyPaint๐Ÿ˜Š 

Spoiler
The light, fresh, softly floral lotion scent of the oil in serum essence of the Illiyoon Oil Smoothing Mask is pleasant, not overpowering, and quickly dissipating. The oil in serum feels almost as if it is infused in the lightweight, thin (0.2mm), possibly microfiber sheet. Adherence is wonderful and fit can be easily adjusted to suit face size, shape and features. The mask wears incredibly well and comfortably, and my skin just slurps up the oil serum. There's a slight, soft tack that remains after an half hour of wear that can be easily remedied by following up with a moisturizer.  A slight tacky-to-the-touch feel is hardly a deal breaker for me when it comes to sheet mask, but even if it were a consideration, it would be outweighed by the magnificent results - my skin felt soft and smooth, and looked happy, healthy, hydrated and moisturized, with a slight bounce and glow to boot.  This is an excellent mask to soothe and nourish dry skin, one to have on hand during the cooler seasons. 

@itsfi  

This sounds amazing! Can I ask where you got it? 

@missy94612, you can find this Illiyoon sheet mask at StyleKorean or Stylevana. It sometimes shows up at other AB online retailers but currently those 2 retailers stock it. Tagging @quspork as she posted about this one just recently and may have another source for it. Would love to know how it performs for you if you pick it up. ๐Ÿ˜€ 

testing