Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185 that lanolips coconutter lip balm is sooooo good ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’—

๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ  Ahhhh, some targeted masking with honey, a well-loved skincare friend  ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ inspired by the amazing @PrettyPaint's fabulous theme for the week 

H - honey (targeted skin concern).jpg

Sheet Mask

Spoiler
There are so many things to love about the no:hj Aqua Soothing Mask Pack - Honey. All skin types would likely benefit during this cold winter from the light hydration and moisturization that this Hanji sheet mask provides. Hanji is traditional Korean handmade paper made from the inner bark of the paper mulberry tree; it's slightly thinner than the standard cotton material found in most sheet masks, but also has a certain elasticity and density to it that makes it very interesting. It feels soft-ish against the skin - not quite like second skin - I know I'm wearing a sheet mask, but it wears comfortably nonetheless. 

Adherence is good and, as is typical of most sheet mask, fit can be tailored to many different face shapes and sizes. The mask is full, but not dripping in the thin, clear liquid essence with a faint, slightly sweet, honey scent that fades away almost as quickly as it's picked up by the senses. There's a lot of variety in this mask series and I picked up a few other 'flavors' that I'm even more excited about trying now. This is a mask that I'd love to pick up as a 10-pack, to have on hand to incorporate as my skin needs or to use daily for 10 consecutive days. I have a feeling my skin would appreciate 10 straight days with this mask. 

Hair Oil

Spoiler
Honey. Infused. Hair. Oil. It just sounds luxuriously decadent. 

The slightly thick consistency of the Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil reminds me a little bit of honey, as does the color of this oil. Unlike actual honey, this oil, though on the thicker side, is not sticky. It can be used as a hair mask, overnight treatment, or as its name suggest, a hair oil, which is how I used it earlier this week. It has a light, sweet scent that smells like a blend of flowers and honey and does a beautiful job of leaving my hair feeling soft, smooth and lighly hydrated. I like using this after using a styling tool like a curling iron or flat iron to give a silky shine to my tresses and help tame any frizz. Of all the products in the Gisou hair line, this is probably my favorite. Gisou Honey Infused Heroes Hair Set. Gisou Honey Infused Haircare Set 

A lot of themes happening in this masking moment from last week. The ones I was focused on involved G for goddess and gold, the latter of which I, like @PrettyPaint, used for the "precious metals" theme

G - precious metals (gold).jpg 

Peel & Lip Mask

Spoiler
The AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g and the fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10g  I have used and posted about before. I enjoy both of these products - the AP peel is a well loved and an oft repurchased product for me, though I tend to purchase it as a DS or mini size when it is included in a set. The rose lip balm has a lovely scent of real roses; it's balmy without being overly thick or goopy and adds some hydration to the lips day or night.

Clay Wash Off Mask

Spoiler
Clay Wash Off Mask

I think that there have been a few folks here who have used and posted about the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask 2.54 oz/ 75 mL Charlotte Tilbury Mini Goddess Clay Mask 15ml Travel Size 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, maybe @Kim888? It's a slightly thicker leaning pink-clay with a fairly prominent, nutty and floral scent that wasn't bad per se, but was not a scent I particularly liked. The mask spreads easily and stays, for lack of a better word, moist, for the 10 minutes I had on the mask.

This is not the time of year when I can wear clay-based masks all over my face; instead, I concentrated the product on the lower part of my T-zone - all over my nose, philtrum, the area around my mouth, chin and jawline. The mask is easy to rinse off, and after doing so with lukewarm water and a washcloth, my skin feels softer and my pores look clearer, all without a trace of tightness or dryness, which is a plus. There's a slight brightening to my complexion but it's temporary. Overall, this clay mask isn't bad, and I can see it being well liked by many. At the moment, I don't see myself picking up a full size of this one - I have a few clay-based masks that I consider 'go to' masks and this one doesn't top those for me. It's a pretty pricey mask, and while that is not an automatic deterrent for me, I'm not convinced the results I get from this mask justify its price tag, particularly as there are more lightly fragranced (or even unscented) kaolin clay based masks out there that I find yield the same or better results at a fraction of the price. 

Sheet Mask

Spoiler
I was completely taken by surprise (in the best way) by the beautiful rose scent from The Creme Shop Rose Gold Special Edition Fusion Sheet Mask - the scent is neither too weak nor too overwhelming and the best part from my perspective? It smells like real rose petals. Sadly for me, this lovely scent dissipates, pretty quickly actually - I couldn't detect any trace of it by the time I smoothed the mask in place.  

Adherence on this one is good and the fit is what I've come to expect from most sheet masks as well as from TCS - too long at the chin/jawline and in need of some incisions the corners of the eyes and mouth to widen the openings and allow the material to lie flat against the skin. Results were good and in keeping with many of the other masks from TCS fusion 2-in-1 sheet mask line - skin felt soft, smooth and nicely moisturized, with a subtle fresh faced glow and bit of bounce.

Love, Like, Lackluster or Loathe? This is one I like. I would repurchase it, but I'm not sure I would do so at its regular price. 

This mask is a "special edition" mask which suggests to me that there's a limited supply of these masks. Of course there is! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ Is "special edition" the new red flag for "soon to be discontinued?" ๐Ÿค”There doesn't seem to be any inventory issues with this mask at the moment on TCS direct, but I did notice that many of the original sheet masks in their fusion 2-in-1 collection are no longer showing up on the site. Interesting. I'm hoping that is because the brand is redesigning their packaging but . . . that feels like an awful lot of wishful thinking on my part. 

@itsfi  

I love the photo of the honey masks โฃ๏ธ

@itsfi  

Oh, that honey mask! And your whole theme and picture - it's always beautiful and on poin t. Well, just everything - you really put a lot of thought into your posts. Lots of good information. 

@itsfi I"m so glad to see your review on the Gisou hair oil.  I 100% thought it would be sticky from reading the descriptions.  I think I'll need to seek this out to do a sniff test! 

@missjeanie, I was expecting it to be sticky too but the product is fairly light and non sticky. That does make me wonder how much honey is actually in it, but for now, it works well for my hair. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi @ather took the words right out of my mouth!! Sounds like fabulous masking all around

@lmaster, it feels nice to have a group of products that not just work well on their one but make for a good masking session when put together. ๐Ÿ˜ @ather Iโ€™m finding this occurs with more frequency now that I know both how different products work and how to best care for my skin during the different seasons. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi  Wow sounds like a great masking session!! Like you I canโ€™t do a full face of clay masks right now either. I donโ€™t even know if my face would appreciate spot treatments. Iโ€™ve seen others say how well TCS rose mask preformed and Iโ€™m keeping my eyes out for it. Maybe a pack of 5 would be nice to have around!!! Sounds like they all were pretty much winners!! 

@ather, I feel like paring it down to the basic essentials is the best way to treat my skin now. I've been keeping my skincare routine super simple as of late.

I feel like this is the time of the year when my skin starts veering down the path of combo land, (especially my nose and chin), but my face is still dry and sensitive overall from the weather and the other kind of mask wearing. a Last year, I just focused on treating the dry/sensitive and while it helped keep the flakies at bay, it didn't help with other issues in the long run. So this year I'm trying to introduce exfoliants back into the routine earlier than usual, using gentler formulae, with more consistency, and concentrating them on my nose and chin for the time being. Hoping this little tweak will help prep those parts of my face for when the weather changes its tune to something less less wintery. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi I keep seeing that Creme Shop Rose Gold Mask. I need to try it out ASAP ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, the results from the sheet masks in The Creme Shop fusion line have generally been good to my skin, with a few being better than your average sheet mask. If you see this one at your local TJ Maxx or Marshall's or if there's a sale at TCS direct, it's worth picking up. ๐Ÿ›

@itsfi  I love your honey theme. The no:hj Aqua Soothing Mask Pack - Honey looks like such a perfect mask. I also have the Gisou hair oil and really like it! 

Thank you @PrettyPaint๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ Honey is one of the skincare ingredients I consider a "go to" when my skin needs a reset, whether it's dry, irritated, inflammed or dealing with acne, or a combination of any or all of those. It's an all-rounder for me.

I'm happy with the Gisou hair oil; I didn't know what to expect because my intro to the brand was the hair mask, which I thought was just okay. Have you used any of the other products from the brand? If so, would love to know if there are other products from the line you like. 

@itsfi @I have tried the CT one!  I do like that its creamy and does dry down but I agree that scent is a lot. I do like the results but the baby powder scent can be super overpowering! 

which is your favorite that has the similar base ?

@Kim888, the clay masks that I think are most similar to the CT Goddess Clay mask are Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL or Origins Mini Original Skinโ„ข Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 1 oz/ 30 mL; itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve used either of these but of the two, my preference is for the Caudalie. Of all the clay masks that Iโ€™ve used, I like Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL or innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

@itsfi @Thanks for sharing ! I have tried a mini of that caudalie and I do remember thinking it was really good! I have to add it back to my list when I finish my other Clay masks !

@itsfi Thanks for sharing your experiences. The hj mask seems like something I would like to try. I also have the Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil  which I am now looking forward to trying even more! I am loving the effects of hair oil this time of year! 

@Mellmars1185, hair oils are great; I just started getting into them a few years ago. Actually as I think about oils in general, for hair, nails, face are fabulous this time of the year! ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi that lip balm ๐Ÿ˜

@Skunk12puzzola, yesssss!! It's such a lovely balm! Moisturizing and smells so good - I confess that I sometimes open the jar just to take in the fresh rose scented goodness! ๐ŸŒน

testing