Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline  I hope you can find it! I really like the fusion line.

The packaging on this is so pretty, @PrettyPaint! The Fusion line seems to be more agreeable in terms of fit, I have found that as well. Did this have any scent that you noticed, I am curious๐Ÿค”

@eshoe I used it a few days ago so I hope I'm remembering correctly, but I'm almost positive it smelled like roses. 

Thank you, @PrettyPaint! They have a Vitamin C/HA fusion one that has the most delicious sweet candy orange scent. I think I have noticed scents that match the packaging more in this line, too.

oh yum! I love orange candy scents @eshoe 

Me too, @PrettyPaint. Itโ€™s such a relief to find a vitamin C product that doesnโ€™t have a rancid scent๐Ÿ˜† I have been using the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vitamin Tonic Passionfruit and it reminds me of sweet oranges, too.

E for everyday masking and exfoliating enzymes, I for Innisfree, and the copper peptides fit this week's precious metals theme 

E - everyday + exfoliating + enzyme.jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
I've really enjoyed the two Miguhara multi-step mask packs that I've used, so I was excited when I was gifted this 30-sheet mask pack as an add-on to a purchase. The sheets in this mask pack are soft and very thin - 0.2mm thin, like the Etude House Air Therapy sheet masks that I love so much. Saturated in a clear, light, watery essence with a faint, slightly sweet, fruity floral, fresh scent and a great list of ingredients, these sheets adhere well, wear comfortably, and feels soothing against the skin. There's enough essence to these sheets to last the 20 minute recommended wear time. While the  brightness in my complexion that results is not more so than I might see with any other sheet mask, that awake, alert, fresh-faced, healthy glow, even if only temporary, is welcomed by me, as is the slight reduction in redness. This mask pack is a good one, among the tops of all the daily mask packs I've tried. 

Ingredients:
IMG_6801.jpgPurified Water, Matricaria Flower Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Arbutin, Copper Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide - 7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Pentapeptide-13, Butylene Glycol, Cornflower Flower Extract, 1,2-hexanediol, Centella asiatica Extract, Madecassoside, Madecasic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asia Tic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Algin, C12-14 Pareth-12, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDITA, Fragrance

AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g 

Spoiler
AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel is one the most gentle, if not the most gentle, exfoliating peels I've used. Despite its extremely fine powder texture, it packs a punch as far as its exfoliating properties, always leaving my skin feeling silky smooth and soft, even after just one use. In addition to its clarifying features, this cleanser-and-facial-scrub brightens my complexion, making it look more alert and awake, even if the rest of me isn't necessarily feeling that way. It's as efficient as it is effective as well - I'll often use this as a morning cleanser when my skin needs one, or as part of my evening routine. If I'm short on time or just can't be bothered to add another step into my routine, I'll add some of the powder into my second cleanser, giving it an extra oomph. 

@itsfi  

I love the Innisfree green tea line. I haven't tried the lip mask yet. The daily mask pack looks good too. Have you seen a green tea based mask pack that you like alot?

That's great when you find a daily mask that's a winner! @itsfi 

@lmaster, I've been fortunate with the daily mask packs that I've used so far - none have broken me out and even the least liked of them have added some hydration to my skin. The bummer though is that of the faves of the ones I've tried, 2 are/were limited edition and 2 are not the easiest to locate and go in and out of stock with some frequency. Of course, right?! Love a sheet mask, whether it's an individual, single use mask or a mask pack and there's a high probabibiity that it'll find itself on the path to discontinuation right around the time I discover it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi I know,,, all too well ..I get nervous to even say I like a mask anymore ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha! I know what you mean @lmaster! It sometimes feels like the odds of a mask being discontinued increases if we say we love it! ๐Ÿ˜” I know there are a few brands that change their sheet masks every so often but it feels like weโ€™ve seen a lot of discontinued sheet masks lately. A lot of good sheet masks being discontinued. Grrrr! ๐Ÿ˜– 

@itsfi  I wondered how masking packs like that preformed. Happy to hear it was good!!! The lip mask looks good too. How was it for performance?

@ather, I've been pretty fortunate with the daily sheet mask packs I've tried - I've not had a bad reaction to any of the ones I've used, though the scent on a few of them have not been my favorite. 

The Innisfree green tea lip mask is a good one - a bit on the thicker side and a smidge goopy, but not greasy. It coats my lips nicely and I've found it's a nice one to use during the cooler months when I go between the chilly, windy and cold outdoors and the warm though drying central heating indoors - can't win - it's an uphill battle for my skin against dryness and dehydration in the winter months. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I left my jar of the Innisfree lip mask at work but will try to take a photo of the consistency next week if I remember. 

@itsfi  I know exactly what you mean. Iโ€™ve been also struggling lately. And itโ€™s funny Iโ€™ll get to a good spot then bam out of nowhere itโ€™s crazy dry again. And my lips. I have little balms everywhere. I have to keep on top of it or they gets tooo bad. 

@ather, winter has a special way of putting my skin into a tailspin. ๐Ÿ˜  I feel like this winter has been better than previous ones but it was by no means one that left my skin unscathed. ๐Ÿ˜” The lesson on the season remains, once again, oils. And for my skin, cream or oil based sheet masks. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  I agree!! Although this winter seems extra dry here for me. I think I have learned how to treat my skin before I end up too dry. I always find after moving it takes time to figure out what my skin needs and how to respond before it gets worse. 

Wow, that list is chock-full of happy skin ingredients, @itsfi! I am impressed you are able to get through those boxes. Almost requires more frequent morning maskingโ˜€๏ธ

@eshoe, they really did a good job with the ingredients in this mask pack. I don't use daily masks packs as frequently as I have in the past and it takes me longer to work through them than before because nowadays, I don't use them up in 30 days. Last year, I went through 2 full 30+ day masks and 3 - 7 day packs. Too early to tell, but it'll be interesting how often I incorporate a daily mask pack into my skincare routines this year.

Always love the AP enzyme powder, @itsfi. The Miguhara masks sound pretty nice for daily masking. 

@quspork, I keep coming back to the AP enzyme powder; I like how finelly milled it is and that a little goes a long way. I tend to use it with more regularity when the weather warms up but it's really a gentle and effective exfoliant year round. 

4 Replies
testing