Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather, winter has a special way of putting my skin into a tailspin. ๐Ÿ˜  I feel like this winter has been better than previous ones but it was by no means one that left my skin unscathed. ๐Ÿ˜” The lesson on the season remains, once again, oils. And for my skin, cream or oil based sheet masks. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  I agree!! Although this winter seems extra dry here for me. I think I have learned how to treat my skin before I end up too dry. I always find after moving it takes time to figure out what my skin needs and how to respond before it gets worse. 

Wow, that list is chock-full of happy skin ingredients, @itsfi! I am impressed you are able to get through those boxes. Almost requires more frequent morning maskingโ˜€๏ธ

@eshoe, they really did a good job with the ingredients in this mask pack. I don't use daily masks packs as frequently as I have in the past and it takes me longer to work through them than before because nowadays, I don't use them up in 30 days. Last year, I went through 2 full 30+ day masks and 3 - 7 day packs. Too early to tell, but it'll be interesting how often I incorporate a daily mask pack into my skincare routines this year.

Always love the AP enzyme powder, @itsfi. The Miguhara masks sound pretty nice for daily masking. 

@quspork, I keep coming back to the AP enzyme powder; I like how finelly milled it is and that a little goes a long way. I tend to use it with more regularity when the weather warms up but it's really a gentle and effective exfoliant year round. 

@itsfi  The Miguhara mask pack looks really nice. Do you happen to recall where you purchased it from? 

@PrettyPaint, the Miguhara is a nice, hydrating and soothing mask. This one was came through StyleKorean. For sales outside of South Korea, the site only accepts payment by PayPal. Except for times when they have a special promo, they ony offer free shipping on orders over $100; otherwise there's a charge for shipping and it's a pretty high fee, if I'm remembering right. Since I've been better at keeping my supply of sheet masks and skincare products at a much more manageable level than before, I don't order too often from the site because of the minimum for free shipping. They have some good deals during the eyar and some very, very good ones at the end of the year (I restocked on some skincare at almost 45% off in December) which can also make it more difficult to hit that $100 minimum for free shipping. 

Thanks so much @itsfi. I'll sign up for their emails so that I can get notifications of promotions, free shipping, etc. It sounds like I'll want to wait until I'm ready to place a large order. 

@PrettyPaint, the discounts are great but that shipping can really hit hard if you donโ€™t meet the minimum spend. And we both know I donโ€™t need to haul (let alone add to whatever I already have) $100 worth of sheet masks. ๐Ÿคฃ Iโ€™m finding itโ€™s a good site to purchase from if I have a larger sheet mask haul I want to make and thereโ€™s a couple of non-sheet mask skincare products also I want to pick up. 

@itsfi sounds like an enjoyable masking experience. I love amourpacific! I have receieved a few items as deluxe samples and they are very gentle. I absolutely love the scent too! It is good to know you enjoy the Enzyme cleansing powder. I want to purchase something from this brand but it is a bit pricey. I noticed a few of their items are on sale rn!

@Mellmars1185, AmorePacific has some wonderful skincare products. ๐Ÿ’– They usually offer some sets during the sale which may make it price point easier to take. This peel and their vintage single extract essence are two of my favorite skincare products.

F for Frudia and fruit mask from a few days ago.

frudia blueberry.JPG

SHE SAID:  I like the dewiness from the essence and how soft and hydrated my skin felt. Not a fan of the scent - strong and like medicine, cough syrup-y, but it goes away quickly so it's not a big deal.

HE SAID: This doesn't smell like blueberries at all. The smell isn't great but it goes away and so does the stickiness I feel after removing the mask. I used after shaving and noticed that some of the redness went away faster than normal.  Good thing we both like it since there's 3 more in that pack we bought.

@missy94612 I won't lie.. I love his review!  "this doesn't smell like blueberries". Totally something I'd say!

Yours has to be new because I had a ten pack of these and they did not have that scent at all @missy94612 very interesting!! I liked them too ๐Ÿ˜Š

@missy94612  Can also add F for family masking ๐Ÿ™‚ love that you both masked together!

@missy94612. the results from this one sound really nice; it's too bad about the scent though - definitely good that it doesn't linger. I don't have a recollection of what scent I picked up from this mask, but I winced when I read you say it smells like cough syrup. Ack! 

@missy94612 Oof, I started off being intrigued by the blueberry hoping for a scent pay off but "cough syrup" and "doesn't smell like blueberries at all" was definitely a bummer. Glad it worked out for you enough for you to not let any go to waste. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ha I love your โ€˜He said/She said commentary, @missy94612! How fun to have someone to compare it with in the moment. 

Thanks for the review on this one, @missy94612. I definitely don't think I'd like a cough-syrup scent! 

@missy94612  I liked this one, but now I'm curious if mine was old - I barely picked up a scent on it. Sounds like you both at least got some nice results! ๐Ÿซ

1 Reply
testing