Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@sister13 

That hydrogel looks nice. I see that brand once in a while at my local TJ Maxx and will have to look for it on my next visit.

Now this is multi-masking @sister13 !!  What a lovely spa session!

Looks like Operation: Self Care was a success @sister13! Happy to hear you had a good pampering session! ๐Ÿ˜

@sister13 Looks absolutely lovely, that face sheet mask is my perfect consistency. Looks so soothing.

@sister13  Wow sounds like a lovely masking sesh!!

@sister13  Oh, I love it! Looks and sounds like such a wonderful masking session! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@sister13 this looks like an EXCELLENT use of your time and what a lovely way to pamper yourself! And yes, you do look like you are going in for surgery, thank goodness it was for something much more pleasant ๐Ÿ™‚

You went all out!! @sister13 good for you!!

This looks like such a nice, relaxing pampering sesh, @sister13

@sister13   You look so pleased all tucked in and getting pamperedโ˜บ๏ธ  And whaaaat???  I thought that was a simple and cute shower cap and scrolled past it a while back thinking I donโ€™t really wear shower caps enough to invest in a nicer one.  Itโ€™s an actual treatment?  

I used the Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask last night.  It says it visibly refines pores/texture and helps protect the skin barrier with 10% Niacinamide and 3% panthenol.  
The mask is a gel to oil and is sooo emollient and melts into the skin, absorbs well without feeling greasy at all but leaves a moisturizing barrier on the skin.   I donโ€™t detect any fragrance at all.  I am mildly disappointed it doesnโ€™t smell like blueberry but the fabulous consistency and how easily it applies and feels, more than makes up for the lack of fragrance. 
my skin felt so soft this morning.  I didnโ€™t detect any remaining mask upon waking but my skin was balanced and comfortable. It very much reminds me of Cinderella Time Oil In Brightening Emulsion but an unscented version.  The closest consistency i can think of that most people will have tried is Milk Hydrogrip but without the grip!  I canโ€™t wait to see the results after a months use.  So far I LOVE it.   

26ED0E21-BB82-41C0-B1C6-57869DEAFCDC.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface 

Had my eye on this one but wasn't sure about the gel texture - I think that it turns into an oil would be really nice and moisturizing. On the sale list.

@heartsmyface you had me at 'gel to oil'... guess this one gets added to my list!

@heartsmyface I'd love an update after you've used it longer!

@CookieGirl1  @ather  just two and a half weeks to go!!   I do have a review for the Briogeo rice protein treatment though! Itโ€™s a mask right by definition?    Itโ€™s a definite win whatever category it fits in.  My hair is so shiny right now!  
I shampooed my hair and went straight to the protein treatment skipping conditioner.   I left it on for ten minutes (thatโ€™s the minimum they suggest) and rinsed it.  It is fragrant like lavanila blackberry.  When I rinsed my hair felt a little dry (itโ€™s color treated so it never feels the best without conditioner)   but they reccomend you use their hair mask right after so I did that for three minutes, rinsed and blow dried my hair.  My hair hasnโ€™t been this shiny since my last visit to the hairdresser.  it definitely works!  This is one of those products Iโ€™m wary of overdoing it with as protein overload can make your hair dry and brittle so itโ€™s a once a week treatment maximum but Iโ€™ll likely only use it once every two weeks to err on the side of caution. 

0C7A9890-BF4F-43A0-8FF5-D775A7F9B7A9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I don't need another hair mask.... I don't need another hair mask... mayyyyybe this is a hair treatment and I can justify it if it gets my hair to look like yours @heartsmyface !  ๐Ÿ˜

@missjeanie I just canโ€™t believe itโ€™s this shiny without the hairdresser working her magic!  The shine has gone down a bit since but thatโ€™s typical with day three hair. It still feels really good.  Tomorrow is hydrating mask day.  

It's gorgeous @heartsmyface ... they should be using your photo for press!

@heartsmyface Nice!  I'll be interested in knowing how many uses you can get out of one container.

@CookieGirl1  Ha, itโ€™s going to last a while.  I think I used four pumps and the bottle seems large. Iโ€™ll try to keep count though 

@heartsmyface  Wow!! I am definitely sold. I will be buying a bottle as soon as I can!!! Your hair is so shiny! Did you change the colour again?? 

8 Replies
testing