Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@nuinui933, ooh, I like the sound of that sheet mask toning down redness. I missed checking out that Neogen clay mask when Sephora carried it; will have to check it out sometime.

@nuinui933  Iโ€™ve heard really good things about that Glacier Magic mask.  Iโ€™m glad it worked out for you.  

This is an extraordinary exfoliator

Youth to the People Instant Microdermabrasion Enzyme Treatment

exfoliating treatment.jpg

PROS: This is like the best physical exfoliant ever - I love it. ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค Softens and smoothes skin. My makeup always goes on like a dream whenever I use this.

CONS: I can only use this once a week. Love the effects but I don't want to overdo it with the exfoliation and compromise my skin barrier. 

REPURCHASE: BIG yes - don't even need to question it; waiting for a sale.

@erikarosenim Ohhhhh I've had this one on my list for some time now.  I just love the sound of the physical exfoliation here.  I could see myself easily over doing it with this one.  Is there a lovely scent to it?

@missjeanie 

Ya know, I didn't think so but I just checked and there's a sorta fruit, tropical scent but it's super light.

@erikarosenim  Oh I've wondered about this one! Good to know your thoughts on it - it sounds great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@erikarosenim isnโ€™t it great to find a product that you enjoy using and your skin is happy with it, too? ๐Ÿ’—

@eshoe 

If my skin wasn't happy with it, I would not enjoy it. LOL

@erikarosenim glad you love it!! Thanks for sharing your opinion ๐Ÿ˜Š

This one is on my list to try at some point, @erikarosenim so I'm glad to hear that it is working out nicely for you! 

@erikarosenim, this sounds like a good resurfacing treatment.

@erikarosenim @Only needing it once a week doesnโ€™t sound like a con to me!  Unless you love the masking process and accidentally overdo it.  Putting this one on my list , though Iโ€™m technically not supposed to buy more exfoliators til I have two empties in that category.  

@erikarosenim 

This one sounds powerful but really good.

@erikarosenim @This one is really nice ! Glad you found something that works well for you!

So I tried creating my own extraordinary exfoliator. I used Foreo Imagination DIY Mask Base. I receieved this as a GWP from Shoppers Drug Mart.

20220212_153659.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
 I I20220212_154152.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I read that rolled outs can be used in a home made mask. After applying I noticed that the bits of oats were falling off my face! I ended up sitting for 15 min and just relaxing while the mask did its thing. The base was nice and nourishing on my skin and did not irritate it. The oats did not really seem like a good exfoliator, except for maybe when I wiped the mask off. Anyways this was an interesting experience!

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185 Have you tried a coffee grinder for the oatmeal?  I used to try to DIY a lot more and found that once it was pulsed to a powder it was quite lovely. 

@missjeanie No I have not but great idea! I have one hqndy in my kitchen!

@Mellmars1185  Sounds fun! I always enjoy hearing about others DIY masking experiences! Glad it turned out nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Kudos to you for trying, @Mellmars1185! You never know when you might stumble upon something fantastic unless you try, right?!

How cool!! @Mellmars1185 thanks for sharing, looks so fun

This sounds like a fun little DIY mask, @Mellmars1185!

testing