Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I feel like succeeding in using a 'mask a day' even if it just averaged out like that is pushing me to do the same in February.   My skin seems to be enjoying it and I'm feeling like I'm actually using the things I buy lol! I'm happy to have a few more of the My Beauty Diary masks left!

33 masks in a month @missjeanie?!!! ๐Ÿ‘€ Thatโ€™s fantastic! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  Love your masking choices here, especially doing the Hectic masks; the cream based masks sound wonderful this time of the year. I am bookmarking this page for another day, maybe a haul day. ๐Ÿ˜† A haul day? Yeah, not for a while. The weather will be warmer when that happens. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi Thanks!  The cream ones were actually much nicer than I remembered.  That plastic layer and the cream concentrated on the inside... good combo even if the fit was bit off.

@missjeanie, it's so interesting how our thoughts on a mask can change depending on when we use it.

@missjeanie I'm honestly having trouble with the numbers theme myself but it just came to me earlier today and I found just the right thing for it ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm with @Mellmars1185 those are some super unique masks that I haven't seen before. Super cool choices and I'm glad most of them worked out quite well for you.

@QueenMarceline I think I have a few more numbers in my stash, I just need to look through a bit more.  I'm working on pulling out a dozen or so and keeping them on my washroom counter to remind me to use them.  I'm not mad at having a few more of these ones to go through this week!

@missjeanie I have never seen these masks before! Glad you were able to stay with the theme and use up some older masks! 

@Mellmars1185 The Hectic masks were a pick up from TJ Maxx a few years ago.  I have a TJ Maxx problem for mask packs lol

This is for the number theme...

It's the SSAW 7 Teen Herb Tea Mask. It says that it's moisturizing and firming. It definitely smelled "herbally," and the fit was a bit too large all over. My skin is pretty dry and dehydrated with the cold weather, so I didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing. I'd say it's probably just a filler mask, as I didn't really notice any significant benefits. 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint  Sorry to hear this one was unimpressive.
This cold weather has been brutal - it's definitely been hard on my skin too. ๐Ÿฅถ

@Shosh85 I am so ready for Spring/Summer!

@PrettyPaint im noticing that masks are not as hydrating and moisturizing this winter for me ๐Ÿ˜ hurry up spring!!!

@lmaster  I totally agree. I am in great need of some sunshine. And yes, my skin is looking pretty dull and parched these days. 

@PrettyPaint, this winter has been a doozy on the skin. The ingredients list for this mask looks really good. I wonder if youโ€™d see better results if you used it on a daily basis for a week or so, if your skin is okay with daily masking. 

@itsfi  The ingredients do seem decent! I think it would probably work better in the warmer months for me. My skin is just a little bit too dry these days. 

@PrettyPaint Nice themed mask! It is nice we get to go through our mask stashes to fit the theme!

@Mellmars1185  I totally agree about how helpful the themes are. It helps to have that inspiration!

@PrettyPaint I think so many of us are finding this winter particularly dry.  So hard to find great moisturizing masks right now.  Good to have a good filler at times too!

@missjeanie I'm glad I'm not alone on the dry skin. That makes me feel better! I really can't wait until it's above freezing outside!

@PrettyPaint @Your are soooo not alone! I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve had a day above freezing in at least a month now. My skin is going through oils and moisturizers like crazy this year.

@missjeanie  I'm sorry your skin isn't enjoying the cold either. I can basically apply endless facial oils, moisturizers, serums, etc. and my skin just soaks it all up. 

2 Replies
testing