Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185  I totally agree about how helpful the themes are. It helps to have that inspiration!

@PrettyPaint I think so many of us are finding this winter particularly dry.  So hard to find great moisturizing masks right now.  Good to have a good filler at times too!

@missjeanie I'm glad I'm not alone on the dry skin. That makes me feel better! I really can't wait until it's above freezing outside!

@PrettyPaint @Your are soooo not alone! I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve had a day above freezing in at least a month now. My skin is going through oils and moisturizers like crazy this year.

@missjeanie  I'm sorry your skin isn't enjoying the cold either. I can basically apply endless facial oils, moisturizers, serums, etc. and my skin just soaks it all up. 

Well, Iโ€™m leaning back and am resigned to that Iโ€™m dripping jelly like serum all over the place. No one can accuse this mask of being dry.  I like the little aha exfoliating wand that is the first step to this mask pack.  It managed to remove staining on my skin from lipstick swatches earlier today.  the mask itself is fantastic. fits nice if not a little long in the chin and smells light and floral yet not overwhelming.  the dripping is a bit irritating but my skin feels plump and a bit slick after 30 minutes.  No stickiness or tackiness detected. 

9D85351F-2587-437B-9787-77DC9168FD65.jpeg

โ€ƒ

D5D6D3F7-885E-4448-BCAB-3073C167E778.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  Oh, I remember really liking this one! Too bad it was drippy, but I'm glad to hear the results turned! out great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@heartsmyface I recall this mask!! It's been too long, but from your review,, I'm sure I loved it too

The AHA wand cleared away all the lipstick stains @heartsmyface? That's awesome! Oooh, I like the sound of plumpy skin and a jelly like serum. Sorry about it being so drippy. I'm all for having extra serum but when it drips everywhere, I feel like I don't have a choice but to just sit or lie down the entire time.

@itsfi   Yeah thรฉ stain removal was a bonus. Iโ€™ve only been doing the bare minimum skincare the last little while and exfoliating hasnโ€™t been part of that, so Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™s also why my skin feels so good right now.  

Maybe the drips are a way to keep you laying back and relaxing?  Great for the skin and relaxing @heartsmyface !

@missjeanie   I was think that too, that perhaps I should be thankful I was forced to lay back.  

@heartsmyface  I seem to recall this one having a ton of serum! 

@heartsmyface This mask was meant to be today! I hope that you were able to relax while masking!

E for exfoliating and a tried-and-true sheet mask with a number in the name ~ great idea for a challenge theme @emaisgr8 ๐Ÿ˜

E - exfoliating + # 7.jpeg

Spoiler
My cheeks were feeling a smidge more sensitive than usual so I kept my application of the SEPHORA COLLECTION AHA Peeling Masks Papaya to just my T-zone and again found it to be a gentle but effective peel to slough away dead skin cells and soften and smooth skin.

These little sample pots of the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C come in handy - they're portable and it feels more doable to finish up one of these mini sizes than an original full size. I frequently refill these from the larger jars for that reason. It gives off more of a feeling of "chipping away" at a product and sometimes that helps me to reach for it with more frequency.

The fresh and subtly citrus scent on the cream essence saturating this super soft and thin microfiber sheet of the Dr. Jart+ V7 Toning Mask (doesn't look like Sephora carries this mask or this line from the brand anymore - this is an older packaging / formulation) adheres gently to the contours of the face, feeling soothing and hydrating, and leaving skin feeling soft, moisturized, and noticeably brighter after a half hour of wearWhile the brightening effects are temporary, the moisturization provided by this mask lasts a bit longer, making me wonder what results might follow with regular use of this mask. Hmm.... Perhaps an experiment for another day. 

There's a lot of cream in this mask, making it a solid choice for those with dry or dull skin in the wintertime. Those normal or combination skin will want to wring out some of the cream before applying the mask or adjust the wear time, or both. Those with oily skin will definitely want to do the same and even more so; or, they may wish to just reach for this in the winter months.  

E for entertaining

E - event Lunar New Year .jpeg

Spoiler
Most of the prints on the sheet masks in The Creme Shop's animal mask series are entertaining. One of the most fun and entertaining animal graphics is the tiger on The Creme Shop Cica Mend Animal Face Mask. The mask leans slightly thinner than your standard sheet mask and is drenched in a subtle, fresh-and-clean scented, clear essence consisting of several extracts and the medicinal herb cica, known for its soothing, calming, anti-inflammatory properties. The mask wore well for the entire half hour I had it on - adherence was good and fit was fine, with there just being a little extra material at the chin and temples. This is one of my favorite, and possibly my most favorite, sheet mask from The Creme Shop - it leaves my skin feeling more soft, smooth and hydrated and my complexion looking refreshed and brightened. This year, the tiger is also marks an event, with this past Tuesday being the start of the Lunar New Year 2022, the Year of the Tiger. 
circa 2020?circa 2020?

@itsfi 

That tiger mask is too cute. We picked up some of the animal face masks at Marshalls.

@itsfi these both sound great!! 

@lmaster, they were! ๐Ÿ˜ Even as my skin has changed over the years, these two have been solid performers.

Great tie in to Lunar New Year @itsfi , you make a wonderful tiger!  I'm intrigued by the Dr. Jart V7 and how much serum there is.  I've found there are for sure a few masks out there that have enough to serum my entire body somedays lol.

@missjeanie, I don't have too many of the animal print sheet masks anymore, except for these TCS cica ones, so it was good timing that it's the Year of the Tiger. ๐Ÿฏ Now, if the snail was one of the animals, well, I'd have plenty of masks to use to tie-into a theme. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh yes, I have been happy to have extra serum to slather everywhere this winter. An extra dose of hydration and moisture? I'll take it!

@itsfi I might need to make an alliteration for a month soon... I have about a months worth of printed masks from TCS left still.  Not a snail in the bunch ๐Ÿ˜ž lol Could you imagine if they did make a snail though??

8 Replies
testing