Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint, it would be great if those LuLuLun masks came in a pack, but that may be more wishful thinking. I read that these can be used up to 2-3 times per week so it doesn't sound like they're intended to be used every day but I have to say that this time of year, the creamy, oil based serum in this mask could be really nourishing as an every day mask for my skin.

@itsfi  I love that your mask line-up is in coordination with the Jackson 5 song! That is one of those songs that just gets stuck your head ๐Ÿ˜‰

All three of the sheet masks sound wonderful! I definitely know how it feels to fall in love something that's expensive! Lately, everything I love is either super expensive or discontinued ๐Ÿ˜…

I love that the brightening from Cocochi mask lasted so long. That's pretty rare for a sheet mask!

That Origins mask is one of my favorites! It smells and feels so good! Have you tried the Apricot one? That's a nice one too ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Shosh85, it's such a catchy tune which made using these masks even more fun. 

I was really surprised by how long the results from the Cocochi mask lasted - not complaining at all, just surprised. Oh, tell me about it. It's interesting how the masks we go for or the trends in our mask purchasing change over time, isn't it? I have found over the last couple of years that more and more of the masks I pick up have been discontinued with much more frequency than in the past. I'm not sure why that is the case, but there have been quite a few really good or great masks that I've used that are no longer in production - and it's not even that I purchased them that long ago. 

Yes, I have tried the apricot version of the Origins mask - it smells so good. That version and this one could be part of a samples-turned-purchase theme for me. There are a small few Origins masks I would repurchase and those two are included in that group. Has the apricot version been discontinued?

Well crap @itsfi! It does look like it might be discontinued! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ All the sites I see it on say it's "unavailable" โ˜น๏ธ

Grrrrr ๐Ÿ˜– @Shosh85, I see it available through eBay and Mercari, as well as Harrods which would make it a mighty expensive mask after factoring in shipping fees. 

One more mask for the Hydrating Heroes theme..... also, E for Electrolyte ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks to @itsfi for introducing me to the Vitamasques brand!

730579A7-9D5D-428D-8CC6-B794E480B1C2.jpeg

Spoiler

Vitamasques Electrolyte Watermelon Hydrate Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Watery, but not drippy. There wasn't any extra in the pouch, but the mask was fully saturated.

Scent:

Very light watermelon scent

Fit:

It fit great and was only a little too long at the chin. Super comfortable to wear

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

Light tack that stuck around for about 15 minutes

Results:

My face looked a bit brighter and felt soft, hydrated and little bouncy

Repurchase?

There's nothing I can really complain about - this is one I'd definitely repurchase!

E9820F22-F46D-4D27-8BB2-A6C04B73A0F9.jpeg 

@Shosh85 

I could never turn down a good watermelon sheet mask. Where did you find this one?

@missy94612  Right? Me neither ๐Ÿ˜‰

I got this one at Target, but I've also seen them at Walmart and if you're in the US you can get them online direct and they only have a $15 minimum for free shipping 

@Shosh85  

I was in when you said it had a watermelony scent. The packaging makes me ready for spring. 

@nuinui933  A good watermelon scent is definitely a weakness for me! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰

@Shosh85 this mask is calling my name ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster I know what you mean - it definitely called mine ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 I was willing to add this mask to a list based solely on the packaging.... but after your review... well well.... what a wonderful watermelon masking session!

@missjeanie  Yulp, I really enjoyed this one! I've only tried a few masks from this brand, but so far I've liked them all! Can't wait to try the others in my stash! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‰

@Shosh85 I don't know what it is about watermelon in sheet masks but I feel like it just works for me. One of my all time favorite masks (ever) is the SEPHORA COLLECTION After-Sun Mask - Watermelon Watermelon 

@QueenMarceline  Love a good watermelon mask! If it's scented like watermelon it's even better! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‰ That Sephora mask is probably the only mask from the brand I'd repurchase 

@Shosh85 Honestly, it's hands down the best SC mask they'd ever offered. I liked some of the SC as filler masks but I find myself purchasing them less and less nowadays. However, that watermelon one... is stunning after getting a bit burnt out in the sun.

Sounds like a good one, @Shosh85!  

@quspork  Yup, definitely a winner!  ๐Ÿ† 

@Shosh85 Ooh pretty packaging and it sounds lovely!

@Samtian  Vitamasques does a great job with their packaging - it definitely makes them harder to resist! ๐Ÿ˜‰

testing