Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 Thank you for the review. I used to love and almost exclusively use filler masks but recently I'm looking for masks that really work some magic on my skin, especially with some of the skin issues I've had over the last month or so.

@QueenMarceline  I like to throw in filler masks here and there to help balance things out, but yup, sometimes you just need some magic! 

@Shosh85, I think most sheet masks are good for hydration and agree that this one is solid. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I feel like after using sheet masks for this amount of time, Iโ€™m more appreciative of the role of filler masks. Iโ€™m now also keep track (though not as carefully) of filler masks I would repurchase. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Exactly, a "Favorite Fillers" list would be helpful! Filler masks are good to have on hand for the days you want to mask but don't want to think about it. I wouldn't mind trying out more from the line!

@Shosh85, I haven't finalized my preliminary list just yet, but I have a feeling that many of the Etude House 0.2mm masks take up a lot of spots on my "Favorite Fillers" list. I look at filler masks as individual sheet masks I would happily use for daily mask - maybe that's more of a filler+ mask, but I could be very happy with any one of the masks on my list being put into a pack of 30. 

@itsfi  The Etude House line is a great one for filler masks! My only issue is the alcohol content - out of the 14 I've tried, 8 have alcohol as the 5th ingredient. I would definitely repurchase the others though. The Snail and Ceramide ones are my favorites!

As far as mask lines go, there are few Farmskin Salad masks I'd repurchase for filler masks. The Ariul 7 Days mask line would be good, and so would the Whole Foods line, but only if they were on sale, otherwise might be a little too expensive to buy as filler masks. Another line I've been liking is from Jigott - so far these are pretty decent and inexpensive too.

@Shosh85 

I've seen these at my Target every once in a while and wonder about the line. Good to know you liked this one.

@nuinui933  I've tried one other mask from this line, and I liked them both. Wouldn't say they're anything spectacular, but they get the job done ๐Ÿ˜‰

More samples from last week's theme, with a B for berry (Laneige lip mask) and bees (honey - I'm From mask), a C for clearing clay (Innisfree clay mask), and D is for detox, de-gunk and decongest (Innisfree and I'm From Honey) 
C - samples (Kbeauty).jpg

Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask
Spoiler
innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL is a repeated repurchase. I've gone through one full size jar and am a third of the way through my second jar. This gentle but effective mask is like a bear, it hibernates in the winter. It sees more activity from spring through the earliest days of winter. I mainly use on my nose to "de-gunk" my pores, and all over my chin and along my jawline where I can get clogged pores. I noticed in the beginning days of covid-mask wearing that this mask was really easy on my skin, but still got the job done. Something that was and still is very much appreciate. It also gets used from time to time as a spot treatment on smaller, less angry zits. The power house of clay masks is GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUD๏ฟฝ Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 g, but that product can be really drying on my skin so I reserve that for the larger, more painful and angrier blemishes.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Spoiler
I have a mini, DS or full size of almost every flavor that has been produced of the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C. I deliberately passed on the LE peppermint flavor that came out during the holidays because the line had to be drawn somewhere. lol. I do like this lip mask a lot - it isn't the thickest or most emollient, but it has enough of both to be able to make my lips feel soft and moisturized. In the interest of making my way through some of my existing lip masks, including the ones from this brand, I'm holding off on picking up any more lip masks from the brand but it's a temporary hold and I fairly certain that there will be a purchase of another Laneige lip sleeping mask.
I'm From Honey:
Spoiler
I'm From Honey Mask is made of 38.7% real, organic, pure honey ๐Ÿฏ - it's the first ingredient listed!! โ™ฅ๏ธ It also contains loads of wonderfully moisturizing oils (macadamia seed oil, sunflower seed oil, argan oil, hazelnut seed oil, jojoba oil) and, wait for it ... snail mucin. ๐ŸŒ The scent is a mix of real honey and something that's a cross between herbaceous and earthy. The consistency is on the thicker side, somewhere between goopy and creamy, and it spreads beautifully and smoothly across my skin.

For the entire 30 minutes I had this on, the mask felt soothing and moisturizing - there was no tingling or stinging, though it does feel ever so slightly tacky while it sits on the face.  The mask washes off fairly easily, but following up with a lukewarm washcloth will be helpful in making sure that there's nothing left.  Results are fantastic - every time I use this mask, it 
makes my skin feel very soft, smooth, supple, and nourished. A definite repurchase. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

I'm from honey,,,, oh this sounds delightful @itsfi 

@lmaster, you were one of the lovelies here that I thought of when I tried this mask - nourishing goodness! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

@itsfi  

The Innisfree one - I have to dig up my DS of it. Pretty pic.

@nuinui933, thank you! Ooh, if you locate your sample of this mask and have a chance to try it out, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it. In the summer months, I like to use it on my nose, chin and jawline and then soak some cotton rounds with the Innisfree green tea hydrating skin (or the toner from the line) and place those on my cheeks and forehead. 

Oh, glad to hear the I'm From Honey mask works nicely for you, @itsfi. I've got a travel-size of that somewhere I need to dig out and try. 

It's a fave @quspork๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ I've been finding that after I use this mask I'm telling myself "this must be what they mean by glass skin." I mean, I can still see the areas where my skin struggles to be where I want it to be, but there's definitely an all over hydrated glow about my face that I would be happy to see more often. ๐Ÿ˜‰ When you get to giving this mask a try, I'd love to hear your take on it, and also how you think it compares with the other honey masks you've used.

Have you tried other I'm From products? I've only tried a couple and have been pretty happy with them. 

I haven't yet, @itsfi. I have the honey mask and the mugwort mask to try out... actually I think I may have tried Mugwort sheet mask now that I think about it. But that's it. They have a lot of interesting looking products though. What have you liked so far?

@quspork, in addition to the I'm from Honey mask, I've used and liked the I'm From Rice Toner and the I'm From Mugwort Essence. I have a couple more products of theirs that I plan on trying soon, but waiting for what I think may be better times of the year to reach for them. 

I need to try their mugwort essence, @itsfi. I tried the Instree Mugwort Ampoule last year and wasn't overly impressed with it, so this one is next on the "mugwort" list. (Which sounds really weird now that I've typed mugwort several times, LOL. Who has a mugwort list?! ๐Ÿ˜‚)

lol @quspork! One of the many things to love about you is that you have a mugwort list! ๐Ÿ’š I do feel with all the single ingredient products that have entered the Kbeauty marketplace in the last year or so, it actually wouldn't hurt to have an INCI specific list - just to keep them all together ... for future research and testing purposes, of course! ๐Ÿ˜œ Ahhhh, that science, gets us everytime. ๐Ÿ”ฌ

I had a good chuckle at your comment about typing mugwort several times - my phone and computer now suggests words like "mugwort", "centella asiatica" and "artemesia" or "houttinya cordata" so easily and often now. Hahaha! I didn't realize I used them so often that they appear as recommended words when I'm not even working on anything skincare or mask related. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  You have sold me on the Innisfree mask!

@Mellmars1185, it can be difficult for me to find a pore purifying mask that does a solid job decongesting my pores without causing drying out some of the more drier, sensitive parts of my face and my face is blessed to have some of those parts overlap a bit so "yeah me!" but this Innisfree clay mask has been good to my skin. I recall reading that Innisfree closed all (or nearly all) of its free-standing stores in North America last year due to the pandemic ๐Ÿ˜ž but most of their products are available online and Sephora carries select products from the brand, including this mask - I *think* it's available on the Sephora Canada site. I have seen larger sample sizes of this mask pop up in the Rewards Bazaar every so often. 

1 Reply
testing