Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I just, the thought of bologna is so disgusting to me that even though it's hilarious there isn't a way I could purchase this one. The packaging is adorable.

In fact, this reminds me. I recently looked at my mask collection and have decided out with you all!!! I posted a lot for most of them on eBay (over a 100 masks!) and returning to tried-and-true masks. And a very calculated approach to new ones and purchasing more of the ones I know I love a lot.

@txcatx 

@txcatx@Shosh85 used the bologna mask earlier this week (never thought Iโ€™d say this, but I need a bologna emoji ๐Ÿ˜†) - 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/6077323#M203195

@itsfi Thanks! I totally missed that post. I'm now not nearly as scared of the mask now that I know if does not smell like bologna!

Right @txcatx?!! We donโ€™t need it to resemble bologna that much! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. 

Whattt the heck? ๐Ÿ˜‚ I need to send this to someone.  Edit - done. Sent it to my bff. 

I saw so much about that Tatcha mask that I got one and I love it.  Lives up to the hype. 

Spoiler
Getting a slight jump on F fresh Floral Recovery Overnight Mask with Squalane 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

I will start by saying Iโ€™m obsessed with the scent of this. Itโ€™s not really floral; Iโ€™m not sure what it is, but itโ€™s so familiar. I think it smells like some kind of licorice-y childhood snack haha. 

It smoothed on well enough but itโ€™s quite tacky after you put it on. Overall this overnight mask was fine, but I donโ€™t run out and buy it. Maybe itโ€™s trying to be too much? Like itโ€™s not really as hydrating like a sleep mask, but I didnโ€™t find it as soothing as the Laneige one. So it just sort of seems average at everything. 

I also used the Hydrating Boost jelly sheet mask. The fit on this was super large but I love how soft and thick the mask is and the jelly was super hydrating! It did seem to absorb really well! However, it did pill up a bit later so this is probably best not to use as a morning mask. Iโ€™d still use it again. 

45BC99E0-5D36-47BE-B784-6D77D7125984.jpeg

โ€ƒ

30A85ABF-54CA-46BE-AFF8-BAEE789738FF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  

I loved how hydrating that jelly mask was too.

@Kim888 I've never seen this version of the jelly mask,, sounds great!!

Thanks for the review of the new Fresh mask, @Kim888. I've been curious about that one!

@Kim888  I tried the 'nourishing' version of the Jelly Essence sheet mask and it pilled for me too. The thick jelly is nice though! Glad this one turned out nice for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Kim888, I picked up the promo gwp sample of the Fresh mask after an in-store smell test where I didn't pick up a scent. I'm now curious about the licorice-y scent you picked up - red or black licorice? 

@itsfi @More black, but Iโ€™m not positive thatโ€™s it. Itโ€™s definitely something haha. Youโ€™ll have to let me know when you try the gwp! 

@Kim888, I shall put it to the test. For science, of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

B for Briogeo and C for cream and charcoal

C - cream + B - Briogeo.jpg

Sheet Mask
Spoiler
If you're dealing with dry skin, whether in general or just in the winter, the Facetory Moon Velvet Moisturizing Cream Mask is a mask you'll be happy to have on hand. The Tencel sheet is soft and thin, adheres well to the contours of the face, and is heavily (but not overwhelmingly) coated in a rich, thick-but-not-too-thick creamall of which makes for a calming and comfortable 30 minutes of wear that leaves skin looking and feeling hydrated, moisturized and glowy.  Before the only place that you could pick up this mask was through Facetory directly, but it seems to have a larger distribution network, including amazon, Macy's and Target. 
Hair Care:
Spoiler
The combination of the outdoor cold and the indoor heat necessitated by that cold does no favors for the scalp. In the past, my scalp would run dry to very dry during the winter and I would frequently experience some intense dryness on one spot along my hairline. I had an "ah-ha!" moment at one-point ๐Ÿ˜‰ and realized, or at least then, I hypothesized, that this was likely due in large part to the fact that my desk was, at that time, situated directly below the heating vent. So, while it was nice to be toasty when the heat was on, it was most certainly not nice to deal with the discomfort that a dry scalp brings.

Enter Briogeo Scalp Revivalโ„ข Charcoal + Tea Tree Cooling Hydration Mask for Dry, Itchy Scalp 6 oz/ 177 mL. The spotlight ingredients of this Briogeo mask are Binchotan charcoal and a blend of 3 oils - tea tree, peppermint and spearmint, intended to draw out impurities, hydrate, nourish, soothe and cool the scalp. It's meant to be used between the shampoo and conditioner steps in your hair care routine. As a precautionary step, I set aside a hydrating mask just in case this Briogeo one proved to be drying on my scalp. Turns out, I needn't have.

The Briogeo scalp mask is a lightweight, pale slate grey cream with a minty scent (no trace of tea tree oil in the fragrance, thankfully) that applies smoothly and gives off a tingling (in a good way) and cooling sensation as the product is massaged into the scalp. It rinses out easily and leaves the scalp clear, soothed and free of dry patches. All without making my scalp feeling tight. Niiiice!! Since this product is just used on my scalp and because I don't have a need to reach for it too often, it seems like this tube is going to last me for some time. So, while I don't see a need to repurchase anytime soon, I do think the mask is repurchase-worthy.

@itsfi 

The moon velvet sounds right up my alley. I'm learnng that my skin really likes those cream serums.

I love that briogeo mask!! And the sheet mask too, great combo @itsfi 

@lmaster, Briogeo really puts out some great masks. Their shampoo and conditioners can be hit or miss for me, but my hair responds really well to their masks. ๐Ÿ’— 

@itsfi  You and @eshoe have got me really excited to try this one! It sounds so great! Love a mask with a good creamy serum ๐Ÿ˜Š

Skin ๐Ÿ’— @Shosh85 I hope itโ€™s a + ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ @itsfi 

@Shosh85, the cream based masks have really come in handy this winter. Iโ€™ve been using them with more frequency over the past couple of weeks (even more than I used to in the winter months) and my skin has been reaping the benefits of that. @eshoe 

@itsfi @Shosh85 seems they have been used more frequently here tooโ€ฆgravitating toward the milky masks in the winter and jelly in the summer sounds ok!

testing