Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline, it can happen. Now you have an opportunity to reset and use the treats you did pick up. ๐Ÿ˜€ Shopping your stash can be a lot of fun! 

@itsfi Yes, I'll be doing plenty of that ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi oh lord.  LOL I read your review yesterday and then went to see where the Peach and Lily mask was easily accessible for me.... and forgot to come back after getting sucked into the internet lol.  The P&L sounds like something I'll love!  Added to my Ulta cart to prevent forgetfulness!  YTTP Superberry might be one that I've never had to buy a FS of either.  I love when I see promos with favourites! 

@missjeanie, I don't know what the shipping rates are but it looks like the Peach & Lily direct ships to Canada. They have occasional sales throughout the year and a couple of great ones near the end of the year - 30% off after Thanksgiving (US) and a sample sale in December with some huge markdowns on certain products.

@itsfi Good tip @itsfi !  I can certainly afford to wait till then to get through some stash!  I swear I spend more in the last quarter of the year than I do the rest of the year because of so many great sales!

Tell me about it @missjeanie! I was better last year than the year before, but not by as much as I would have liked. I've given myself until Lunar New Year to get it all out of my system ๐Ÿ˜‚ and then I'm going to put my spending on lockdown. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Okay, maybe "modified lockdown" hahaha!

@itsfi I think I'll be joining you on that modified lockdown!  

Come on over, @missjeanie! The company will be great, but why do I have the feeling that there may be a lot of "ooohhs" and "aaahhhs" as we look at pretties, all while resisting the buy. ๐Ÿ˜‚ We'll just help each other be highly selective! lol

Being selective is key @itsfi !  I'm already debating the ND mini shadow drop from today.  I mean... I have lots of pretty pink shadows but I'm not mad at the idea of another... I'm going to try and give it the weekend to mull over lol

See there @missjeanie? Mulling over the weekend. ๐Ÿค” That is a sound, thoughtful, deliberate, highly selective approach. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Letโ€™s give ourselves a pat on the back for for being so good about it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ As you can see, Iโ€™m just piggybacking on your being selective. ๐Ÿคช 

@missjeanie, keep an eye out on the Ulta site for deals.๐Ÿ‘€ I feel like there's a promo of some sort that pops up frequently where a deluxe sample of the P&L Reboot mask is part of a promo skincare bag or is part of a Peach & Lily gwp. 

This YTTP mask is on a short list of products that I've now made a conscious effort to see if I can just pick up deluxe samples or mini of through a promo or set - Farmacy Honey Potion was another one, though those DS or mini's come up much less frequently these days, and certain of the Fresh masks - those also come up less frequently in the last year or so.

@itsfi I feel like I always have a few of the YTTP masks stashed away.  They're not as good at replicating as the Fresh lip balms appear to be, but I for sure use these ones more lol

@missjeanie, I get so excited when I am able to pick one up. I have enough sleeping masks that I don't ever feel without, but it's nice to know that I have a backup (and a backup for the backup blah, blah, blah...) for a couple of them. ๐Ÿ˜‚ My face should be well attended to should I not be able to leave my house. 

Oh my @itsfi you made me laugh.  I did an anecdotal wash off inventory last night which included some sleeping masks... I literally have only left my house maybe 5 times in all of January (we are in a semi lockdown here at the moment) and I swear I still have enough masks to last a few years lol

lol @missjeanie. I overheard someone comment about bartering for certain things (like covid masks for at home tests, etc.) and the first thing that popped into my head was "I wonder what my skincare, masks and lip balms could net me?!" ๐Ÿค” Hahahahaha! I mean, they're good skincare, masks and lip balms! ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi They've really limited testing in my area now, you basically have to qualify for a PCR test and rapid tests are out of stock everywhere.  I've seriously had people offer cash... and a good bit of Chanel worth of it for tests.  Crazy.  I won't lie... I do suspect your skincare and makeup stash could garner a hefty price.  We'll need a youtube style collection video to know for sure ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha @missjeanie. If I were to do a YT style collection video, most of the content would be of me saying "is this working?" "is this on?" "am I doing this right?" "is it recording?" 

@itsfi I too give credit to the people who manage to know how to do all the things video lol

@missjeanie, I buy the things. ๐Ÿ› ๐Ÿ›’  I use them. ๐Ÿ˜Š Or try to. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I occasionally take photos. ๐Ÿ“ธ  I write words. โœ๏ธ Rinse. Repeat. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi fabulous pairing partners

@lmaster, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€ Always helpful to find a combination that works for both the parts of my face that need some decongesting and the parts that need the hydration and moisture. My skin responds well to these products, and that is what counts, isn't it?! 

2 Replies
testing