Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe @itsfi  So good to hear you both liked the Moon Velvet mask! I actually have that in my line up of masks for next week! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I think you might just like it;)  @itsfi 

@Shosh85 @eshoe I used the Moon Velvet mask the other day and it was wonderfully moisturizing. ๐Ÿ‘

Ooooh it is such a good one, @itsfi @Shosh85. It checks quite a few of those ๐Ÿ’— it mask boxes๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe Love the Babyfacial.  I think it's my fav product from DE.  Sounds like Facetory is on to a good improvement!

You know, @missjeanie, it might be mine, too. I used to love the La La but just did not repurchase after finished a jar oh, a year or so ago? I like the C-Tango eye cream, and the B serum, but I havenโ€™t gone beyond a DS with those. 

@eshoe I've used and really enjoyed a lot of DE products.  TLC was my nightly serum for a few years.  I like the Ctango eye cream as well.  Lala was wonderful for me in the winter, but I've found others items that I like as much for less.  The Babyfacial is the one that I just haven't seen the same results from another product.  At least not yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

โ€œNot yet.โ€

Famous last words, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Sounds like the DE product is a good one! I don't beleive that one is available in Canada. One day i hope to get my hands on it!

No, it isnโ€™t @Mellmars1185. I believe the The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL is not, either. Someday!!

@eshoe I also love the BabyFacial from DE but it is quite intense, have not used it in a while... maybe I need to crank it out ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, WOO HOO to Facetory for doing a reformulation correctly. It's so refreshing to see especially with some of the reformulation fails we have received in products lately.

YES, @QueenMarceline - so many times a reformulated products ends up rather ho-hum. This was a big upgrade, and worthy of a repurchase!

@eshoe Yes, always such a wonderful surprise when that happens ๐Ÿ™‚

giphy-downsized-large (1).gif

IMG_20220122_213002842.jpg

Ampoule Black tea Cosmetea

• This was a thin white sheet, and by all accounts was the misty flexible sheet I can remember ever using
  • You could stretch the sheet in any way without tearing to cover any areas you need more coverage
  • The scent, I can't quite remember, I feel like it was geared twords a tea scent, but don't hold me to that ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • I could only leave it on for about 15 minutes, it started to dry out
  • Unfortunately I wasn't too impressed with the results, I'm thinking it could be climate related since it is so bitter cold and dry right now. I just didn't feel nourished much, maybe a touch hydrated, that's about it. 
  • I would gladly try it out in the spring, summer or fall to see if any results changeIMG_20220122_213007255.jpg

โ€ƒ

Too bad it didn't seem to live up to its claims, @lmaster. But it would definitely be interesting to see if you experienced better results during a different season. 

@quspork I'm very curious about it ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster, I agree with you; I really feel that climate can play a big role in your results from this mask (or just skincare in general). Sure, it may just be that the mask is more hydrating than nourishing, but this winter seems to have been particularly cold and drying on the skin and it makes sense that it would have an effect on masking results. I've been finding this winter, but this month in particular, that my skin just slurps up the serums in sheet masks lately, even the more cream or oil based sheet masks. I'll be very curious to know how this Comsetea mask works out for you in the warmer months. 

@itsfi that makes so much sense,,, and I've never really realized how climate can change skincare,, until this winter!

@lmaster, I know my winters are nothing compared to the ones other people have, but I feel like it was so much colder and drier than past winters. My skin didn't experience dry patches and flakes so much but I could feel the dryness and it was really made clear when I'd use some sheet masks and could barely get to 20 minutes with them because my skin has sluuuuuurrrped up all the serum. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ 

Ohhhh, the lessons learned when it comes to skincare. ๐Ÿ™„ I feel like I'm learning the hard way a lot more times than I want to. ๐Ÿ˜ I'm looking forward to spring but also know that means other skincare concerns to think through ... like enlarged pores and oily T-zones. ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi that's the truth!

3 Replies
testing